[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: times you quit watching Pic related. When the reign of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0103.jpg (92KB, 639x916px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103.jpg
92KB, 639x916px
ITT: times you quit watching

Pic related. When the reign of terror was in full swing and they thought shit like the Katie Vick angle was entertaining.
>>
Kys carter
>>
Cena's reigns of terror 2006-2008

Roman reigns of boredom 2015-6
>>
>>1954832
This so much

I quit watching when it turned into the stephanie and gaytch show round about 2001ish
>>
>>1954856
haitch was injured for over half of 2001
>>
when Benoit died
came back when rock showed up in 2011
stopped again after Summerslam

Was going to watch survivor series but seeing a clip of Goldberg falling on his ass vs rusev killed any anticipation I had
>>
>>1954864
Whenever it turned into the triple h and stephanie show was when i stopped, could have been 2000
>>
JBL as Smackdown champ
>>
Stopped in early 2001, mostly because there was no wrestling on tv anymore in my country.

Came back when the Smackdown Six were running wild but stopped watching again during JBL's return.

Only watched sporadically i.e. Wrestlemania and the odd PPV here and there.

Came back after Punk's pipe bomb. Stopped watching WWE programme after the culmination of the summer of Punk was a HHH/Nash ladder match.
>>
Stopped at 2014,because it was a pretty boring year after WMXXX
Continued at 2015 and WM31 was boring and forgettable.
>>
>>1954899
What country,anon? Cause the TV that aired WWF shows changed the regular time to an unwatchable time (literally midnight) in 2001.
>>
>>1954929
31 was the best mania in almost 10 years

This shit taste
>>
>>1954940
WM31 sucked. roman should have gone over
>>
>>1954949
While I agree it was still a great event top to bottom
>>
>>1954940
It wasn't even the best WrestleMania in a year.
>>
>>1954957
>30 was good meme

Kys just kys
Leave, hypocrite
>>
>>1954962
>hypocrite

Explain how.
>>
>>1954964
Because i didn't like it, then something about short people
>>
>>1954949
Do you not remember how much heat roman had after winning the rumble that even the Rock couldn't get fans to cheer him? If roman went over at WM31, WWE may literally be out of business today
>>
>>1954969
people have warmed up to roman. he's the new john cena. deal with it
>>
>>1954970
But Cena is actually good
>>
>>1954970
Except for the part where Cena gets cheers mixed in.

And sells merchandise.

And draws ratings.

And fills seats.
>>
>>1954832
I stopped watching for years after The Rock and Stone Cold left. I tuned in once during that period and Eddy Gueretty was unironically the champion... changed the channel
>>
>>1954970
Your point? He still shouldn't have gone over Brock at WM31 when Brock had just ended Takers streak a year prior and was squashing everything in his path and add the heat that was on Roman at the time..

MILLIONS of fans would've stopped and Thousands would've unsubcribed from the WWE Network, it would've been self sabotage and the most retarded move in WWE history.
>>
>>1954976
>I tuned in once during that period and Eddy Gueretty was unironically the champion... changed the channel

-t. Vinnie Vegas
>>
katie vick briefly made me a hhh fan. but thats because im an edgelord
>>
File: 1388996706364.jpg (6KB, 251x190px) Image search: [Google]
1388996706364.jpg
6KB, 251x190px
Didn't watch from WM21-32 ('05-'16). I was already watching less and less at the time, and then Eddie - who I was a big mark for since the 90's - died, and that was that, I just didn't tune in again. The only other wrestler I would have called myself a fan of was Benoit, and he an hero'd two years later, so I just couldn't be arsed to ever watch a PPV, let alone any of the shows.

Eleven years later, earlier this year, I was finally bored enough to check out WWE after a mate and I got high and played through some old games.
WWE is...okay nowadays, I guess. A lot better in many aspects, but very lacking in others. I watched WM32 and it was a pile of shit, so since then I just follow along through /asp/ and r/SC. So technically I "watch" no wrestling at all, because the entire 5000-hour-per-week ordeal can be summed up in 45 seconds on reading and two .gifs.

General consensus is the only good shit I missed in over a decade were CM Punk and Daniel Bryan anyway, so I'm not too phased. I don't think WWE is complete ass, but at the same time I'm not surprised at all ratings are in the shitter.
>>
>>1954940
Ummm

No

21, 22, and 24
>>
Stopped around 2012 when The Shield debuted. Thought they were retarded

Started watching again around Summerslam this year. Now I'm bored again and only watch occasional youtube videos and AJ matches.

I remember being excited about all these indie stars coming to WWE in 2012 but now they are all a fucking disappointment.
>>
>>1954832
Quit for a good long time during Cena's reign of terror because WWE wasn't remotely entertaining.

Punk got me to start watching again in 2011 but I quit for good last year. It's been so damn bad and I dont see it improving anytime soon since Vince is pushing "Cena but way worse."
>>
This isn't really answering what you asked I just wanted to take a trip down memory lane and ramble a bit

>Started watching in 2005/2006 with my friends, we could only watch at my friends house because I didn't have the wrasslin' channel

>Distinctly remember the Kurt Angle/Rey Mysterio/Randy Orton fued, shit was awesome

>We kept alternating between WWE and TNA for a year

>Kept watching throughout 08/09, used to buy WWE magazine, remember being really enamoured by the Orton/Legacy/HHH/Shane O' Mac fued

>Quit watching late 09 or early 2010, just before Sheamus and the Nexus became big

>Started watching again in late 2011, bought WWE'12, first wrestling game I bought since Svr2010. By now all my friends how long since quit watching so I kept it a secret

>Kept watching until mid 2012, quit watching straight after WM28 (last mania I ever watched all the way through live). I also watched Jericho's January 2nd 2012 return live on a shitty livestream and marked out in my room

>Bought WWE'13 in late 2012 but didn't start watching it again

>Didn't watch or think about WWE for four years (2012-2016), my longest break

Started paying attention again this year because of YT channels like Cuckculture, Wrestling with Wregret, Smarkbusters, The whole f'n show.

I never watch full episodes but I watch youtube clips, raw/smackdown reviews and sometimes I might watch a bit of a PPV. I bought WWE 2k16 and 2k17 and play 2k17 a lot these days.

I'd imagine I'm going to tune out again as I always do, and I'll probably return some day as I always do. For some reason I always end up coming back.

Oh yeah

>inb4 underage

I'm 19, grandpa
>>
>>1955116
Have you played SVR 2011?
That game was gold.
>>
I've stopped a number of times. Early on in the WCW invasion storyline and when Evolution had about every title. Another time I lost interest was when they turned austin heel
>>
>>1955197
This

Also, pic related
>>
>>1954832
Stopped watching around the time Rock won the title and Lesnar came back at the expense of punk and Bryan.
>>
>>1954832
Summerslam 2010-Survivor Series 2015

Michaels had retired, Undertaker was now part time and Cena buried Barrett. I'd had enough and just stopped, nobody could hold my interest. I heard about the streak ending in 2014 but knew nothing else about the show that whole time. Of course I ended up missing Bryan, Punk and the Shield and came back when the show had went back to terrible. Nov-Mania 32 was so bad, making Roman look strong was consuming the whole product. I would have stopped again if not for NXT. Now I loosely follow a handful of guys.
>>
>>1954832
That era was way better than todays horseshit. Would rather watch katie vick storylines than 3 hours of emasculation and flips.
>>
>>1954832
smackdown was better during this time period
>>
>>1955714
It really wasn't, their storyline were trash and were as bad current Raw, only difference is SD back then had more wrestlers that could go in ring so it made SD tolerable.. Me and my friends never watched SD in the RA Era, the show just felt like cheap filler and Cole and Tazz were ass on comentary
>>
Childhood was liking SmackDown!

Adulthood was realizing RAW was a better show.
>>
>>1954866
>Was going to watch survivor series but seeing a clip of Goldberg falling on his ass vs rusev killed any anticipation I had
Why? It's literally The Wrestler on real life. Goldberg vs Lesnar will be a legend, not for the good reasons though
>>
i quit Raw a few times in the 00s because of HHH. Then I only watched Smackdown until Brock left. Watched RAW and saw Benoits shit reign quit returned for the One Night Stand and then quit for 8 years
>>
File: Royal_Rumble_2013_Poster.jpg (74KB, 262x360px) Image search: [Google]
Royal_Rumble_2013_Poster.jpg
74KB, 262x360px
>>1954832
This was mine. Cena wins the rumble then dwayne beats punk to end his long title run when it should have been a full timer who they wanted to build. Once in a lifetime my ass
>>
Didn't watch one show all of last year, came back when I heard about the brand split. I haven't watched anything from them in about 3 weeks now though
>>
>>1955792
the rock is an actual draw, unlike punk
>>
>>1955497
I came back around wrestlemania 31 so i missed the wm 30 stuff. I came back because i posted in other /sp/ threads a lot and I started browsing /wwe/ too. I have no idea why I still follow it.
>>
i started to watch wrestling regularly when the draft happened this year. i only watched parts of raw and smackdown and read recaps prior to that
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.