[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If this had been a surprise I'd have marked the fuck out,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

If this had been a surprise I'd have marked the fuck out, but they just straight up said it was happening over and over

Why'd they have to spoil it?
Why is WWE such niggers for nielsen ratings when fucking no one pays for cable anymore anyway?
>>
They are really trying to get mainstream attention back again, that's why they keep bringing this old names
>>
>>1948363
that and the brand split fucked them on talent.
they don't have enough people on the roster to make it interesting anymore
>>
>>1948337
>Why is WWE such niggers for nielsen ratings when fucking no one pays for cable anymore anyway?
Because the USA network does and WWE still gets most of the income from TV deals you fucking child.
>>
>>1948364
WWE had one of its largest rosters ever in 2002 and RAW became unwatchable >>>/trash/ in that same year.
>>
Don't know why they're advertising him anyway

Taketty hasn't drawn a dime in 27 years, he isn't going to start now.
>>
>>1948573
He doesn't draw dimes but he does draw ratings
>>
They need the views.

>tfw we will never have huge surprise returns on RAW and Smackdown again
>>
>>1948363
Then do that by bringing them back unannounced, create a buzz, make people feel like they have to watch. When WWE announce something like Goldberg coming back to do a promo, obviously I'm gonna skip it, in fact I didn't watch the entire episode. Now had they set up a segment where Lesnar was bullying somebody and Goldberg ran in and speared him, that's the kind of thing which gets people watching.

There's no need to announce returns. It makes then predictable and boring.
>>
>>1948337
Really makes you think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5w6DyitWkI
>>
>>1948337
They spoil it so people tune in.

Same reason they spoiled Goldberg. Would have been a goddamn beautiful moment if they just had Bill come out
>>
>Undertaker

God. Who fucking cares.
>>
>>1948681
You obviously care enough to shitpost
>>
>>1948337
Back in the late 90s you had enough wrestlers going in and out and the product was hot so you didn't need to announce anything, and the
semi-consistent surprises were part of the enjoyable experience. Nowadays all those wrestlers are literally dead from steroid abuse so they have basically nobody left to surprise anybody so they announce it to get a small viewer bump.

I think they need to make 3/4s of the roster part time for television so when, i dunno, fucking Kevin Owens returns after being off TV its a nice surprise. Do that for a year or so and the product will be, at least in a small way, better
>>
People will tune in, then immediately wonder why they bothered when he takes 10 minutes to get to the ring to cut one of his terrible, generic promos

Also, with Cena out there is literally nobody for him to face with any credibility

>inb4 manlet styles
>>
>>1948597

Correct

You create a buzz by not knowing what's going to happen next.

Undertaker might push ratings one week but then you're back to where you were. You don't have the "must watch" factor anymore when literally anything could happen or someone could turn up unexpected
>>
>>1948794
>the man who beat cena clean is not credible
Whatever you say, retard
>>
>>1948804

Styles vs Taker would be even less credible than Punk vs Taker

internet darling manlets shouldn't be going up against 6 ft 10 legends of the business
>>
>>1948794
Why would anyone want to waste Styles Wrestlemania showing by having him try to drag the Undercarder semi-dead ass through a halfway decent match?
>>
File: 1476597810692.jpg (32KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1476597810692.jpg
32KB, 256x256px
>yfw instead of watching casually Smack and marking out when you hear the GONG in surprise you have to hear the commentators say every fucking second "THE UNDERTAKER RETURNS TONIGHT TAKER ON SD UNDERTAKER BACK UNDERTAKER RETURNS TONIGHT" for 2 hours
>>
>>1948815
>taketty
>legend
His inability to draw dimes is legendary but besides that...
>>
File: 1476993708216.gif (38KB, 408x397px) Image search: [Google]
1476993708216.gif
38KB, 408x397px
>>1948903
The meme is as dead as this board. Dont bother, post the pasta and lets end this fast.
>>
>>1948923
>The meme is as dead as this board
>meme
Stop it Mark.
>>
>>1948794
>Went over clean in a feud with John Cena
>Merch sales prove he's an actual draw
>No credibility

You're a special kind of autistic aren't you?
>>
>>1948337
I wish they'd stop spoiling special appearances got dam it
>>
>>1949136

Just like Punk then, except AJ is even more of a manlet

Punk/Taker sucked, and AJ can't carry the build with his mic skills like Punk could back then
>>
>>1949270

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that Taker has no business being anywhere near a ring and can barely pull a match together.
>>
>>1948376
Eh, I disagree. I was young back then but I enjoyed it much more as a lad than watch the past couple years as a grown man. [spoiler](well last year wasn't so bad)[/spoiler]
>>
>>1949277

Cena could drag him to a safe and credible match though

Also, smarks would cheer a heel AJ against Taker
>>
>>1949287
Nobody will be cheered over Taker.
Even meme city Brock at the heights of his god push could only split the crowd.

Even at WM3w with the RAM stipulation Taker was still cheered over Shane
>>
It's literally gotta be Kane.
>>
>what is ratings?
No, surprises is only for PPV's
>>
desparate for ratings

fucking desparate

http://www.wwe.com/videos/batista-returns-monday-on-raw-at-8-7-ct-on-usa-network
>>
File: 1474592186032.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1474592186032.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
>>1949270
>Punk/Taker Sucked
>People actually believe this.

I bet you thought Taker vs. Lesnar was better
>>
>>1949541

>he thought Punk/Taker was good

Confirmed for seething right now
>>
>>1949539
so what you're saying is, he boosts the ratings?
Are you actually saying that the undertaker... draws dimes?
>>
File: The Streak.jpg (89KB, 700x639px) Image search: [Google]
The Streak.jpg
89KB, 700x639px
>>1948363
>old names
>>
because the big reveal is that hes coming back to face John Cena.
>>
>>1949671

>battle of the part timers

Will it be a triple threat with the Rock?

WM main event?
>>
What was the last SURPRISE from WWE anyways?

Shane coming back is the only thing I can think of.

They announced Randy, John, Brock, and Taker.

I guess Triple H and Seth return but they didn't even have their music play because they ran in during the match.
>>
>>1949683
The Spirit Squad?
>>
>>1949684
That's not really the same as a big return.
That's the same as the fucking midget returning to the WWE.
>>
>>1949688
>as the fucking midget returning to the WWE.

Who?
>>
>>1949683
>>1949684
>>1949688
Wyatt and Luke return? Somewhat big but not a huge return I guess.

>>1949689
Hornswoggle
>>
>>1949688
>>1949692
Holy KEK his twitter
https://twitter.com/wwehornswoggle
>>
Wish they did more surprise returns in PPV only. Imagine the ratings Raw would've had if Goldberg interfered in Brock's match with Randy.
>>
>>1949675
God this would be pathetic

Cena needs to either fuck off or hold the top belt again
>>
>>1948593
Shane?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.