[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The streak was a draw, not the undercarder, feel free to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 2749341.png (84KB, 250x171px) Image search: [Google]
2749341.png
84KB, 250x171px
The streak was a draw, not the undercarder, feel free to prove me wrong.
>>
Someone know how the streak was booked? Was an intentional thing or only casual Undertaker´s victories until some point in the early 00´s
>>
he's still at least as over and dominates at least as much when it comes to views and clicks and searches after that
>>
Whose streak it was again?
>>
>>1939192
True.
>>
he was already over, if not more over before they talked about the streak
>>
>>1939201
It was literally complete accident until I think like 8-0 or 9-0
>>
>>1939192
Agreed. Undertaker at wrestlemania is the only time he's a draw, and even then he's part of a much larger ecosystem that is Wrestlemania season
>>
Well they are not going to give a streak to someone who isn't over
>>
>>1939222
> What is Kurt Angle
>>
>>1939192
>Not giving it to Bray
>Not Kurt
>Not Cena
>Not Edge
>Not Orton

BUT THEY GAVE IT TO LE SUPLEX MEME WHO ONLY WRESTLES 3 TIMES A YEAR NOW

Fuck off
>>
>>1939224
What are you implying here?
>>
>>1939192
Neither were draws
>>
The streak was not even mentioned until the Undercarder had already lost all relevance.

But even so, booking it so that he lost to the one guy that everyone already expected to defeat him was plain dumb. Why build something up and then make it such a predictable anticlimax. He should have been defeated by a fake undertaker in a mirror match who then never appeared again or was ever explained. So people would not really be able to say that the undertaker had lost at a WM....
>>
>>1939272
they did a fake Undertaker storyline once and it was awful, would you really wanna see that at a WM?
>>
>>1939251
bray is a walking garbae can and none of the others needed it
it had to be someone who only shows up on special occasions and has the aura of being indestructable.
>>
>>1939266
this

"Streak vs Career" build for WM26 flopped, and Vince had to get on his knees to beg for The Rock to come back
>>
>>1939259
Kurt Angles first gimmick that they used to attempt to get him over was an undefeated streak you underager.
>>
>>1939251
Agreed. I don't understand why Brock is seen as such a big deal for WWE considering he's the part timest part timer they've got who isn't on a Legend contract. Hell, he doesn't even turn up for most of his promos these days and seemingly only wrestles the Big Four
>>
>>1939323
I know. Hence my confusion, because he was clearly over during that streak.

Post year of birth now.
>>
>>1939334
>>
>>1939341
>40+
>4chan

nWoWolfcuck pls
>>
>Always the guy
>Always drew big time
>Always had great matches
>Always cut memorable promos
>Always put people over
>Had the balls to stay in WWF even when Ted Turner threw millions at him
>Main evented the greatest Wrestlemania of the '90s
>Main evented the greatest Wrestlemania of the '10s
>Elevated King of the Ring so high in 2002, it was immediately retired for knowledge that it would never be that good again
>Was so big a deal on his own that he didn't need to constantly clog up the main title scene
>Tied for best member of The Brothers of Destruction
>Best member of The Ministry
>Best member of The Corporate Ministry
>His backstage clique "The Bone Street Krew" utterly BTFO The Kliq an achieved everything, including gracing us with Savio Vega
>His biker gimmick was GOAT
>His MMA gimmick was GOAT
>Correctly referred to as "The Best Pure striker In The WWE"
>GOAT taste in Whiskey
>Luxurious head of hair
>Handsome tattoo of a random woman's name with no real signifigance to anything in particular
>Succeeded at life so amazingly with his first marriage that he decided to do it again.
>Held the greatest streak in the history of the wrestling industry
>Is the wrestling equivalent of that one amazing middle manager who is so indispensible, he stays at the same job for 25 years earning the respect of all his colleagues, like that one guy from The Office.
>Drew so well with his 1997 title run that Bret Hart took the belt off him
>Spent the latter part of his career elevating young talent just by stepping in the ring with them
>The biggest impact he had on the business was being the GOAT in literally all aspects.
>>
>>1939334

He wasn't over when he started the streak. State of your life m8
>>
>>1939277
Yes, most definitely. The new era storyline is the point of reference for my "how they should have booked it idea". It was hokey the first time around, but nowadays the undercarder himself is hokey, so it would fit. Also, smarks don't care how cheesy a booking is as long as they can go: "hurr, this is an obvious reference to that thing that happened 20 years ago that 8 year old casual fans won't even know about. Hur. I am superior to an 8 year old. AND I have pubes."

It would work on all levels, basically.
>>
>>1939192
Yes

No-one cares about undercarder matches now
>>
>>1939356
>when he started

Do you think everything is supposed to be "over" from its debut segment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blO5nQ012w8
>>
>>1939359
WhatCuckture pls go
>>
>>1939287
Bray coulda been a great charecter if WWE gave a shit.

>>1939329
Brock doesn't even need the streak to look strong. Fucking sunlight makes makes Brock lesnar look strong. This guy could job to Bo Dallas and people would still look at him as a threat.
>>
>>1939377
brock wasnt looking that strong at the time though
he was just on the upswing, rebounding after losing feuds to both haitch and cena
he was starting to look strong again but breaking the streak made him bulletproof
>>
>>1939386
I'll give it to Brock that the streak and the feud after was pretty great and their final match was damn good for Taker to be so damn old. That was the last time he gave a shit I guess because either he respected Taker or knew he wouldn't take his bullshit.
>>
File: 258-the-rock.jpg (19KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
258-the-rock.jpg
19KB, 277x400px
>>1939367
You realise I was deliberately mocking them, no?
>>
>>1939396
An "ironic" shitpost is still a shitpost m8.
>>
>>1939365
The goddamn argument is about how they wouldnt hand a streak to someone who wasn't over
>>
>>1939192
Isn't he popular internationally, he seems pretty popular with koreans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFjyxNbKR-w
>>
>>1939216
Correct.

It wasn't done on purpose but after Vince realized what he had created the WWE went with it. In fact I think it was Ross who first mentioned it during one of the Wrestlemanias. Up to that point no one really realized it.

The ironic thing about it was that several of times Taker was actually scheduled to loose but Vince switched it up at the last minute. He was supposed to job to Diesel at WM 12 but Nash started some shit backstage which pissed off Vince. He was also scheduled to loose to Kane at WM 14 but Vince changed it the day of WM. Taker himself has stated that he wanted to loose to Edge at WM24 and help put him over but Vince felt it would be better to keep the streak alive and have Edge feud with Taker over the summer trying to reclaim the belt.
>>
>>1939192
the streak wasn't even a draw
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.