[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /asp/! Do you guys like Sumo? If so are you hype for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: hakuho.jpg (379KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
hakuho.jpg
379KB, 800x531px
Hello /asp/!
Do you guys like Sumo? If so are you hype for the Kyushu Basho?
Hakuho is back, Goeido might get a Yokozuna promotion, shit is going to be great!
>>
I wonder how kisenosato is gonna fuck up this time, it's almost comical now
>>
>>1939130
At this point I think he is just mindbroken, can't win without spirit.
>>
>>1939121
>>1939124
fuck off Romancucks
>>
>>1939116
I kind of want to try chanko stew
>>
Imagine Goeido Yokozuna. This cannot happen
>>
http://www.sumo.or.jp/EnHonbashoBanzuke

heres the banzuke for this basho! No Osunaarashi again sadly. I read that Okinoumi isn't looking so hot right and has to have surgery or something of that matter. Gagamaru given another chance despite his poor performance at such a low rank last basho. He looked to have some different strategies last time which was good to see, but was unable to push through in all of them. Ichinojou down at M13 after being kyuju last basho, has lost a lot of weight and is supposedly healthy.

Who are you rooting for? Who's gonna do well? Will Hakuho just win again like before? Will this basho be another iteration of the bi-monthly Kisenosato choke? Or will the darkest timeline happen and Goeido somehow wins again.
>>
Yokozuna died years ago
>>
>>1939929
Hakuho and Harumafuji are both still alive anon! We don't talk about Kakuryu here!
>>
My main man Kotoyuuki was in prime position to win it last basho but let it go at the end, and Chiyootori has looked fucking awful the last 2 bashos, i may drop him as one of the boys i cheer for if he performes like ass again
>>
>>1940622
never forget him trying to call a matta vs aoiyama
>>
How the hell is Terunofuji still an ozeki, is he that big of a fan favorite?
>>
>>1940635
ozeki can only lose their rank if they go makekoshi twice in a row. hes in an endless stream of kachikoshi once and then machikoshi once and repeat
>>
File: turkey flag.png (16KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
turkey flag.png
16KB, 800x533px
>>1939116
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma9R2AjCRZE
>>
>>1940635

>For an ōzeki, relegation is a two-step procedure. First, the ōzeki must lose more bouts than he wins in a tournament; losing a majority of bouts is called make-koshi. At this point, the ōzeki is called kadoban. If he wins a majority of bouts in the next tournament (which is called kachi-koshi), he is restored to regular ōzeki status. If, on the other hand, he loses a majority of bouts while kadoban, he is relegated to sekiwake in the following tournament. (No matter how badly he does, he will not fall lower than sekiwake.)

He needs 8 wins this time
>>
>>1939116
How can I start watching sumo?

Sounds interesting
>>
>>1940694
https://www.youtube.com/user/Kintamayama

generally has the highest division
>>
>>1940694

There are tournaments every two months. The final tournament for this year starts next Sunday. It lasts 15 days.

Highlight videos will be posted in this thread each day. Or maybe a new thread will be created.

I don't know about watching it live. I think most people just watch the highlights.
>>
Is this is the basho thread I demand the nice OP with the banzuke and info

>>1939130
He is finally out of the zuna race for now so he may pull a good tournament. Now he is the only Ozeki who doesnt have a basho, lel

>>1939242
##NeverGoeido

>>1939931
>We don't talk about Kakuryu here!
There as a Kakuryu fan here regularly. I already identify Chiyotoori fan, Kakuryu fan and Kaisei fan

>>1940635
He was hyped as the next hakuho just a year ago...

>>1940694
Read the pastebin (which some one will post shortly)

Is very easy to follow, rules are simple and /sumo/ is by far the friendliest thread on the 4chins

I MISSED YOU ALL LADS!
>>
>>1940694
I just got in to sumo last tournament. I found this channel that posts every match of every day if that interests you.
https://m.youtube.com/user/JasonsinJapan?
>>
>>1940694
Sumo is dying in Japan.
>>
>>1941555
>There as a Kakuryu fan here regularly

w00t!!

>>1941579
>Sumo is dying in Japan = Baseball is dying in America.
Just a meme
>>
>>1940749
>>1941566

The Mongolian stream shows the bouts live. Sometimes I watch the entire 15th day live.

For everything else, Kinta's a god
>>
Can we all agree that fuck Goeido, right?
>>
>>1941587

If he repeats his last performance he's ok with me. I only hate him because he's so overrated.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.