[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does delaying debuts make you care less about the debuts or make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Does delaying debuts make you care less about the debuts or make you want to see them more? Because right now I don't give a shit about Hawkins or Marie, and I didn't give a shit about Fandango back then either. seriously fuck these people
>>
I think the fact that this gimmick is a dead horse of a meme from the 00's, and that Hawkins himself is nothing special in ring, may have something to do with it.
>>
>>1922522
Pretty much this. I can't imagine how they thought this shit would get him over.
>>
>>1922491
It honestly depends on who the person is and whether or not I think they have potential. For example, with the promos for Emmalina, I don't know why they had to change things up because her previous heel run was great before her injury, but she's a good in-ring talent so she just needs to sell this new gimmick. But with Hawkins, who's competent in ring without being outstanding, using a gimmick that is 10 years past its expiration date, means it was never going to hit the ground running.
>>
>>1922491
In modern WWE, vignettes are a waste of time because the guy always ends up as a jobber. Hawkins was D.O.A and everyone knew it.

Emma's make me dread her debut because I like her and this generic model shit is a waste of her talent.
>>
>>1922491

Always.

If Goldberg has returned without an announcement for example, I would've marked hard. His actual return had me smirk at best.
>>
He already lost to Crews in Main Event last week, actually.
>>
Hawkins was never intended to be anything other than a jobber. He was brought in to put people over on Main Event and occasionally Smackdown. Same deal with Mahal for Raw and Superstars. But sometimes shit clicks when you don't expect it (Slater). So why not take a chance on a couple of vignettes. Worst case, he goes right to the bottom of the card as planned. But maybe he hots up and gives you something better.
>>
>>1925162
Exactly.
>>
I'm still anticipating Kizarny's debut.
>>
>>1925129
They announce returns when they're desperate for ratings. Similar to how they announced Batista's return
>>
>tfw get signed to be a jobber but spot is stolen by James Ellsworth
>>
>>1925211
That's something I always wondered about. Like, if they didn't announce it, then when he turns up, rating might be down, but a lot of people would be talking about it, so the ratings the following week might be up, because people don't know what to expect and generally they love surprises. Plus you can always tease it to get viewers in.
>>
>>1925374
Every spiked rating that WWE has gotten in the past 15 years has been unsustainable because any curiosity is quashed by the show being even worse than it was when they stopped watching it.
>>
>>1925379
True. Smackdown might be able to change that.
>>
>>1922491
They wont let surprise returns anymore because they need the ratings.

I would mark the fuck out for Goldberg it wouldnt be announced like a month before. I only hope they dont ruin Angle's back. Thats all I want
>>
>>1922491
It's a gamble nowadays.
Only estabilished names that worked years on big scenes don't need announcements for their returns/debuts.
Then there are guys that should get pops no matter what, but ironically - no matter what, they don't get those.

But honestly, the big returns should not be announced.
Thing is, WWE is desperate for ratings, so they will burst the fun bubble and announce the shit out of the return of XYZ, because instead of creating shock factor and boost views for some time, they prefer to have high buyrates for a specific PPV.
It's off-putting, really.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (17KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
17KB, 210x240px
>>1925537
>I only hope they dont ruin Angle's back.

His back is already ruined, anon.
>>
>>1925537
wasn't Shane's return a surprise?
I definitely didn't see him coming
>>
File: brodusclay_8729.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
brodusclay_8729.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
They did the same with Brodus Clay. They were building him like a huge monster heel but we got pic related.
>>
>>1925211
Ironically they'd probably get better ratings if we were surprised every week and returns were not announced, to get that feeling of anything being possible during RAM.
>>
>mfww Broken Matt returns to the house of Meekman to battle Curtis the Thief over gimmick infringement

Book it.
>>
>>1925208
Kizarny did debut you fucktard, he beat MVP and never came back
>>
>>1926796
Even that look on his face says "kill me"
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.