[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>le smarks cheer for the heels and ruin the whole dynamic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1474928608822.jpg (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474928608822.jpg
17KB, 200x200px
>le smarks cheer for the heels and ruin the whole dynamic of a match just to be contrarian
>a heel actually manages to do their job properly and get boos instead of cheers
>"w-w-well it doesn't count because it's just go-away heat and not real heat xD we swear we didn't get worked!"
>>
Heels cannot work without over as fuck babyfaces to be put against.
>>
>>1908797
Face = Guy you want to see win
Heel = Guy you want to see lose

It is as simple as that. Has always been as simple as that. It is impossible to cheer for a heel or to boo a face.
>>
Or maybe tbe babyfaces are boring because WWE is unable to build proper babyfaces thanks to their shitty scriptwriters that were rejected from Hollywood so they can only work for WWE and write Looney Tunes promos about magic beanstalks and sparkle crotches
>>
>>1909165
Yeah.... none of that is actually true though.
>>
WWE is running a split audience program and they are running it to perfection. You're a mark for the business if you still don't get that.

You thought that Goldberg was the face and Brock was the heel, and you truly believed Vince had no idea Brock would get home town support in Minneapolis? MARK.

Management want a situation where all superstars have the potential to sell merch equally. That means everyone is a neutral "competitor", and not a face or a heel - because heels never moved as much merch as the babyface.

People watch NBA, English Premier League, and a bunch of other rigged sports events without needing a "bad guy" team to boo. WWE is trying to emulate this in wrestling.
>>
>>1909170
This, this and this again. Seriously who would want to cheer for some of these babyfaces? A lot of them are made so to be dumb cartoony goody-two-shoes and if they're not they're made to be buried constantly to no real pay off. Of course people will cheer for the more sucessful heels.
>>
>>1909170
>promos about magic beanstalks
That was a retread of a Shane O'Mac promo from like fifteen years ago. Just sayin'
>>
>>1909183
fuck, this just blew my mind
>>
>>1909207
So was suffering succotash from a rock promo 15 years ago
>>
>>1908802
fpbp

Heels aren't allowed to be heels and they have no idea how to build a babyface anymore, so everything's out of whack and people just cheer for the most entertaining wrestler.

You have outliers though, like AJ, who's actually starting to get boos because he's that fucking good.
>>
>>1908797
This is actually somewhat true. In everyone's efforts to be smart they can no longer admit when they're genuinely being caught by an actual Heel into dishing out straight-up heat towards them.
See: Drifter.
>>
>>1909183
Okay, two things.
1) Why did Vince pull the plug on the Goldberg promo, then. It sounds like he got pissed off and killed it halfway through. If what you're saying is true, why not go out with the express purpose of having Brock get a babyface pop in Minneapolis?
2) They're still TRYING to make heels, they're just not any fucking good at it. They still cheat to win and insult the audience and shit, why would they do things clearly intended to get boos if they were doing this split audience thing?
>>
>>1909230
>they have no idea how to build babyfaces

Bullshit they've tried every fucking method and the heel still gets cheered
>>
>>1909258
With who exactly? Roman Reigns?
He gets booed because he isn't very good and the fans can sense that he's being shoved down their throats while other guys they more naturally like get shoved to the side.
>>
>>1909258
They're building the wrong babyfaces.
Sami gets decent reactions from the low-card, he's getting jack-shit meaningful build.
Seth is only just getting babyface build after people clawing for it forever – and it's some of the worst television of the year.
Balor got good babyface build, but he was boring anyway tbchwu
>>
>>1909270
>Sami is feuding with Braun Strowman
>It's not even on the PPV
god dammit I hate Raw so much.
>>
>>1909243
they dedicate more of their time thinking about talent management than even the most dedicated, no life iwc smark. And they get paid to do it. They have already second guessed what annoying forum-posting contrarians are going to say, and work with it. Nobody knows for sure that Vince biffed the Heyman promo. But making it APPEAR like that MAY have happened, gave you just enough insight to go wild with theories.

They just want your attention.
>>
File: buddyrogers[1].jpg (10KB, 534x376px) Image search: [Google]
buddyrogers[1].jpg
10KB, 534x376px
>>1909175
Prove it, faggot. Being "good" or "evil" has little to do with it. In the past wrestling storylines were kept to basic terms so the baby face was what would be stereotypically a "good guy" but even as early as the 1950s that dynamic could no longer be relied on as the fans often took to liking the brash, unpredictable and "bad" wrestlers making them the faces.
>>
>>1909279
That sad thing is, with Braun's monster-offense and Sami's godlike selling, that match would have been a sleeper awesome one.
>>
>>1909183
And they've been doing it for a long time. See: Bret Hart in Canada.
>>
>>1909183
t. Retard

>>1909342
That's not really a good example, that was just them buckling to circumstance.
No point pushing Bret as a heel in cucknada.
>>
>>1909175
No, that's actually right. But I would add to it that faces and heels will change from town to town and country to country. And from match to match. Putting wrestlers in these boxes of being a face or a heel in inaccurate. Wrestlers refer to themselves as "working heel" as in they were heel for a match, you rarely hear them state "I was/am a heel" (with exception of kayfabe instances like when Ziggler does it).

Everyone wants Cena "turn heel", but he has already done it many times.
>>
>>1909299
I mean, given how bad the rest of Raw is, it's just a lot easier to believe that they're bad at their jobs. I have a hard time buying that in this one aspect, they're running this intricate highly detailed plot to get everybody over as merch movers when the rest of the show's booking guarantees that nobody ever gets over because it's so terrible.
>>
>>1909341
I dunno what the fuck they're even gonna do there, you would assume Sami will be on one of the two Raw teams for Survivor Series, so they can't do it there. So is this feud gonna be done purely on TV? Are they gonna actually leave Sami off of both the singles and tag-team matches? Are they gonna keep this fucking thing going until fucking Roadblock? Seriously, what're they doing?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.