[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im watching some wcw and its literally like watching live action

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3433.jpg (66KB, 695x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3433.jpg
66KB, 695x532px
im watching some wcw and its literally like watching live action asp why the fuck didnt wcw win lads
>>
>>1895422
>why the fuck didnt wcw win lads
Answer is in the pic m8
>>
>>1895428
all draws pencil neck
>>
>>1895422
Too ahead of it's time. It would be blowing WWE out of the water right now.
>>
>>1895429
Except Virgil
>>
>>1895430
thats what i was just thinking holy shit like could you imagine buy vince goyed wrestling culture so it would never happen sadly :'(
>>
>>1895431
bet you more people know that jobbing nog more than finn BALOR or SHINSOOKE
>>
>>1895432
Frankly, the last 4-5 years of WCW was too good, too meta, too intelligent for the majority of wrestling fans to ''get''...this is a product created by and for and starring the greatest roster of all time, with the most experience, fame and know-how. Sting, Hogan, Flair, Macho, Goldberg, Nash, Hall, The Giant, the list goes on. Instead of one delusional aged exploiter and con man's vision, it was basically a repertory theater of the best wrestlers ever.
>>
>>1895437
you literally took my words from my mouth this shit aged like fine wine "death days" wcw is literal kino
>>
They started re-hashing shit over and over again.

By 1999 The Rock was becoming the perfect nemesis of Stone Cold.

Stone Cold vs Vince was the dream of every working American: calling out corporate bullshit, giving the finger to your boss.
>>
>>1895429
>x-pac
>Beeg
>Ted dibiase
>Virgil
> scott hall
These are so called draw, get a fucking clue
>>
Oh yeah and a lot of people got tired of Hogan.
>>
it even had major njpw shit for the 4 guys from /wwe/ posting at 3 am
>>
>>1895451
> leaving out Gash
>>
>>1895429
>Asks why wcw didn't win
>Goes over his head that Hogan, hall, and Nash politicking backstage to only put themselves over led to the eventual demise
18+
>>
>>1895473
>Says Hall politicked backstage to put himself over when 99% of the time he was too fucked to to care, and the other 1% he changed finishes for others like Jericho to beat him
>Uses 18+ in the same post

What did he mean by this?
>>
It didn't win because it's the most mis-managed company in wrestling history, Hogan is a cunt, and Nash and the other inmates ran the asylum
>>
>>1895422
while WCW was completely off the rails by 2001, it died because AOL Time Warner merger shifted TNT and TBS away from their Southern roots and forced based Billionaire Ted out and he was the only higher up who had any love for wrestling.
>>
>>1895481
Based Hogan working the smarks all these years later, how does he do it?
>>
>>1895484
Truly the GOAT (backstage) worker
>>
>>1895484
By killing the industry
>>
>>1895489
>Hogan killed the industry
>WWE had their highest quarterly revenue of all time Q2 of this year

What did the smark mean by this? How worked is he by based Hogan?
>>
>>1895492
WWE is also fucking dogshit because there's no competition
>>
>>1895492
Whoops, checked their corporate site to make sure and it was the previous year that did the record revenue for them. Don't know why I thought it was this quarter

>>1895494
>WWE doing extremely well financially
>other promotions doing extremely well on screen
>the industry is dead
>>
>>1895497
Can you honestly tell me the current product is good, and that competition wouldn't improve it?
>>
>>1895500
No I can't

But WCW was finished regardless even if Hogan left or didn't politick, someone would have taken his spot (Nash was trying to get there for years) Then after that the merger would have happened anyway and the same people who hated wresting would have still came in. You can't put the death on one guy. And hell some people think the Ruthless Agression era was the best and they had no competition then either.
>>
>>1895501
This is all true I guess. Hogan is responsible, but he's not the only guy who is. Nash and Bischoff are pretty much as guilty
>>
>>1895422

Many reasons. The biggest being that Time Warner didn't want to admit to anyone that the highest rated show on all of their networks was professional wrestling. While WCW brought in big numbers a lot of the people in charges of AOL Time Warner would rather say that Mama's Family reruns were their highest rated shows then lowly, pathetic pro wrestling.

Another reason was the talent. And I don't mean the normal "Hogan/Nash/whoever sucks", I mean they had too much talent on the roster. There were guys like that would show up once or twice a year to make sure they were on some signup sheet to make sure they got their money for another year. Bob Armstrong was like this, he admitted to getting paid $160,000 a year for showing up once a year to make sure his contract rolled over. I want to say the Iron Sheik was one of the guys that didn't even have to show up, that management was so screwed up they didn't try to cut him 90 days before his contract was up.

From a creative standpoint the this over abundance of talent killed the ability for them to tell stories with a shit. Not every jobber needs a story line to be in. When you have too many story lines going on, it means things get confusing. It also means a lot of story lines go by the way side very easily.

There is other reasons, but those are the big three.
>>
>>1895566
This. They also had a shit ton of stables trying their hardest to capture that NWO magic. Also people like Benoit, Jericho, Eddie Gurrero were largely swept under the rug and given few opportunities. As they pointed out in the documentary, you never got a match like Hogan vs. Rey Mysterio, which may not of been the best match ever but it would have been something different and more interesting than just Hogan vs the same couple guys also at the top. Then Russo put the final nails in the coffin because Vince wasn't there to filter his bad ideas into something that worked.
>>
Even WCW in 2001 was still 10x better than current WWE.
>>
>>1895578
>Benoit, Jericho, Eddie
I don't think it had anything to do with that trio. None of them had ever drew a dime in WCW, and quite possibly WWE, but don't get me wrong, I loved all three as workers but why would they bother building them up? They had people such as Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak coming through, who had the looks of a future superstar, and had basic wrestling ability. Bischoff has openly admitted that had he bought the company, Sean O'Haire would've gotten a major push and held the World title belt. It wasn't the fact that WCW didn't give many people opportunities, it was that WCW didn't feel that many people on their roster, beside the main eventers, could actually capture the interest of the casual fan that Nash, Hogan, Flair, Sid, Steiner, Booker T etc. all could have.

Prior to it being bought, WCW was actually putting on quality shows in 2001 and was picking back up with some decent storylines. Who knows what would've happened had Time Warner not pulled the plug or if Bischoff managed to buy the company packaged with a TV/PPV deal.

>Russo
Russo is generally just misunderstood. His biggest problem, as the person stated beforehand, was that he was a good writer and he wanted to make sure everybody had a storyline to be involved in.
>>
>>1895584
When I say 'basic' wrestling ability, I mean they had potential to grow into good workers.
>>
>>1895566
lanny poffo was making over a milion dollars and he never showed up in wcw .
>>
>>1895578
>documentary

Holy fucking shit an actual wwe mark.
18+
>>
>>1895578
>WWE network revisionist history babby

HAHAHHAHAHAHA kys
>>
>>1895586

Quarter million a year, over the course of 3 years from the interviews he has given.
>>
>>1895578

The biggest problem with Hogan was he had veto power over his story lines. He should never have been given a championship while he had that. The reason people at least respected Scott Hall was because he was willing to lose and that made him interesting. Hogan rarely ever lost, he was a monster. It's like the original Iron Sheik. He never lost and you can only ride that for so long.
>>
>>1895584
>None of them had ever drew a dime in WCW, and quite possibly WWE,

Imagine being this fucking wrong.

>His biggest problem, as the person stated beforehand, was that he was a good writer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If he was such a "good writer" how come he's never delivered outside of the late 90s and how come the WWF improved drastically to have its GOAT year[s] after he left?
>>
>>1895584

They are just a good example of what happened. People wanted to watch the cruiser weights, but they ended up getting buried. Lot of people wanted to watch good matches, and those got buried for 20 minute promos.
>>
>>1895593
+1

Even Nash knew when it was the right time to lose. Hogan must've had something to do with that dreadful finish at Starrcade 97 too.
>>
>>1895594
Calm down, dude. It's just an opinion. None of them ever drew a dime in WCW for sure. WWE, maybe yes. There is statistical proof that Chris Benoit or Eddie ever drew in WCW.

As for Russo, that's where you're wrong. Russo is responsible, as head creative writer, for the best period in TNA's history between 2004 and 2008.
>>
>>1895584
>Russo is generally just misunderstood. His biggest problem, as the person stated beforehand, was that he was a good writer and he wanted to make sure everybody had a storyline to be involved in.

No he wasn't, as he proved in TNA time and again. He had some good ideas, but the problem becomes that he didn't have anyone around him to tell him which ones were good ideas. Kevin Sullivan would have been a good head booker to put in charge over Russo. Sullivan knows wrestling and knows how to make things worth watching. Russo could have thrown a 1000 ideas a day at him, much like he did Vince McMahon, and let Sullivan pick the ideas he saw some good in.
>>
>>1895597
>Cruiserweights
And that's exactly what they were. Cruiserweights. I don't understand why they should be in the main event scene. To them, their WORLD TITLE is the Cruiserweight title.
>>
>>1895608
I'm not saying Russo is great, I'm just simply saying the man knows how to write. He can write a story for anybody, be it a shit story, he could still be creative with it.

Russo could be compared with a movie that was absolutely shit, but was actually pretty creative (like Suicide Squad).
>>
>>1895597
No one wanted to watch cruiserweights ever

>>1895594
18+ kid

>what is TNA

You're a moron that gets your information second hand instead if first hand. Fucking kys babby

>GOAT years after he left
Yeah cause mania 2000, invasion, Austin's heel run, evolution, etc etc was so fucking good

18+
>>
>>1895597
A lot of people wanted to watch hardcore wrestling, so WWE made a hardcore title. You never saw Rhino or Raven complaining about not being in the main event.
>>
>>1895609

Which is fine. But let them have their time in the sun. Not every show (Nitro, Thunder, or Saturday Night) needs to have a nearly laser focus on the heavyweights. They could have given more time to the cruiserweights and women and tag teams. We didn't need a 15 minute NWO segment every hour. X-Pac was great, but he was the only NWO cruiserweight. Meanwhile you had 20+ NWO heavyweights. Give them some time to shine.

And it's time to admit some of those guys deserved a shot at the heavyweight title, though. Eddie and Chris proved they could work with the heavyweights.
>>
>>1895612
>No one wanted to watch cruiserweights ever

I did. Loved watching their matches, still do.
>>
>>1895616
Yeah, they could work with the heavyweights, but they never drew as main eventers in WCW. They may have in WWE, but WCW and WWE were two different animals. But let me ask you this: if you've got 5 heavyweights, and let's say hypothetically they're all known draws and can talk on the mic, why bother giving promo time to somebody, such as Dean Malenko or Chris Benoit, who were mediocre on the mic, in Dean's case terrible.

It's the same story with Lance Storm, most wrestlers during this era will tell you that the best person that they ever worked in the ring with was Lance Storm, but if he, as a person, has no character then why bother pushing him?

They're what I like to call 'water-carriers' for the rest of the rosters. They can work, but they won't draw.
>>
>>1895618
But nobody wants a main event of Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio. Cruiserweights have a specific role. They would always open the show. The very reason they were hired for WCW is to give the fans a new type of wrestling that could get fans fired up at the start of the show with their spot/fast paced wrestling.
>>
>>1895618
>i loved watching Ultimo dragon assrape Rey mysterio and benoit vs guerrero every week in the same match

Yeah nah they never drew and that is a stone cold fact. The Japanese women's wrestling drew more
>>
>>1895612
>spamming 18+

You know somebody's BTFO when...

I thought Russo shit was unwatchable trash even when I was watching it LIVE! as a Little Jimmy.

>>1895627
>But nobody wants a main event of Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio

Says who?

>>1895629
>Joshi drew more for WCW than anything

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>1895631
>Joshi
*tips fedora*

You know someone is BTFO when they get 18+'d

18+
>>
>>1895631
Says the majority of wrestling fans. Heavyweights have always been the main draw in wrestling. That's what the people want to see. Do you think Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio could have drew that 93,000 crowd at Wrestlemania III like Hogan and Andre did? Not a chance.

Would you be happy with Chris Jericho vs Dean Malenko as the main event at a Starrcade or a Wrestlemania? I sure as shit wouldn't.
>>
>>1895631
>TNA live!
>Little Jimmy

Jesus Christ 18+
>>
>>1895634
I'd be happy with anything that makes you even more of a miserable shitter than you already are. ^_^

>Heavyweights have always been the main draw in wrestling

Gotch, Hackenschmidt, George...

>could have drew

lel

>>1895633
You couldn't even post an actual hat. Lazy.

Lad I'm fuckin' closer to 30 than you are 18.
>>
>>1895631
Please go back to spamming your Christian hate threads and then fuck off you fucking faggot
>>
>>1895638
>Pre-historic wrestling
Beside that, all of them men were not cruiserweights.
>>
>>1895638
That's funny cause I'm 34. You type and say things like a fucking kid that wasn't around in the 80s or even a teenager with a cognotive memory during the nitro era starting from 95. 18+
>>
>>1895645
You're 34 and don't know how COGNITIVE memory works? ...actually yeah I can buy that.

>>1895643
>not cruiserweights

All of them were <220lbs and none of them were even 6 feet tall.

>>1895640
I think you Sin Cara'd your reply there m8
>>
>>1895647
No that post was for you Please fuck off and stop shitting up this board. Here's a pic of Christian as champ for you. Now fuck off
>>
>>1895653
Oh, so you're not incompetent: just actually stupid.
>>
>>1895647
>Ruining a good thread
kys
>>
>>1895659
The only thing ruined in this thread is the asses of heightmarks in here OP
>>
WCW in 2001 is 10x better than whatever shit WWE puts on these days
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.