[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't wrestlers have gimmicks any more? Now we have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

Why don't wrestlers have gimmicks any more? Now we have fucking retards like this.
>>
cause gimmicks aren't PG
>>
>>1891981
because smarks would rather have jabronis like sami zayn than actual stories and characters
>>
>>1891981
He does have a gimmick though. Smiling Black Man :D
>>
Because a lot of indy darlings emulated the attitude era style of wrestling they grew up watching. Their gimmicks consisted of high risk moves and hardcore style wrestling.

The current WWE doesn't allow that style anymore, and instead you are expected to get over by cutting good promos and mic skills. Most of the roster doesn't know how to cut a good promo by just using mic skills because indy promos put an emphasis on fighting
>>
>>1891981
WWE has been catering to the hardcore crowd for awhile now and those fans don't care about gimmicks, as long as the wrestler is either the underdog, a technical athlete or a gook.

Especially underdog technicians like dbry, his gimmick was basically the yes man underdog.
>>
But he has gimmick, it's a happy uncle tom man.
>>
>>1892002
Indie guys are basically normal people that started in a free garage fed, can't blame them for not acting like a wrestler.
The more these guys get the spotlight the further the ratings go down.

They debut a "long awaited" AJ Styles and nobody gives a fuck, They bring Goldberg, an actual solid wrestler, and the ratings skyrocket up, and Goldberg is green as grass in the ring compared to gayJ.
>>
>>1891981
He should just be the next RVD
>>
NXT
Triple Gay obsessed with killing kayfabe and reality shit
Indie Faggots
>>
>>1891981
Smarks just wont get it. Wrestling skill is just 30% of what matters.
>>
>>1892038
By the time AJ retires, he will have drawn twice as much as Shillberg ever did.
>>
>>1892002
The basic "good" indie promo consists in using the saying fuck every 3 seconds and in a pg ambient they're stripped of that
>>
It's said that when wrestlers who do know how to sell a gimmick like Cody and bray get shit on and made into complete jobbers
>>
>>1891981

could be worse...

https://vid.me/Qwhk
>>
>>1892049
>smarks don't like gimmicks

you are a retard
>>
>>1891988
>>1892049
Steve Austin
>>
>>1892038
Goldberg isn't a good wrestler but he does have a prescence which no one outside of Cena and Lesnar have on the current roster
>>
>Implying "le smiling black gentleman" isn't a gimmick
>>
>>1891981
None of the wrestlers have gimmicks because they are mentally lazy and expect everything to come to them. They are really complacent.

Take HHH, the Kliq, and a bunch of other wrestlers from the past. These guys had no fucking qualms about ruining another wrestlers career to get ahead. You can bitch and moan about them politicing but they got ahead and got noticed. Look at the ass clowns in the locker room now. They are all buddy-buddy and excpect people to recognize how good they are because they have a large moveset. What these guys won't do is politic with Vince or HHH, they are actually just pawns used by Vince, HHH, and creative to try and outdo each other. When Ambrose was getting heat do you think Ziggler or anyone else went to Vince/HHH and say "Dean isn't the guy, you should find someone else" and imply they should take his spot? No, they just talk about how good their matches are and beg for a push
>>
>>1891981
WWE wants wrestlers people can relate with. Now we have we guys that wear basketball shorts and t'shirts #superstars
>>
How come back in around 2000 most the wrestlers had cool unique logos but now most of them are just the same style with their initials?
>>
>>1892052
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1892289
Because millineaums are self centered, same reason why none of them try to grab the brass ring and are complacient, expect everything to be handed to them
>>
>>1892296
AJ enjoys sketching as a hobby
>>
>>1892298
Holy fuck Vince McMahon actually posts on /asp/
>>
>>1891981
Crews would have a gimmick if WWE had given him time to find his niche in NXT, but they called him up on the main roster before he was polished. So now he's gonna meander for another year. Hopefully he's lucky enough to find something to grab the crowd's attention long-term.
>>
File: shieldettys.jpg (35KB, 522x195px) Image search: [Google]
shieldettys.jpg
35KB, 522x195px
>>1892289
Really makes you think
>>
File: Broken.png (310KB, 645x366px) Image search: [Google]
Broken.png
310KB, 645x366px
>WWE has no gimmicks
>most characters suck
>not going down the tubes

>TNA has the best gimmick in a decade
>stuck on PopTV so nobody can watch
>has been on the verge of dying since like 2008

feels bad man
>>
File: My Other Job.jpg (34KB, 338x283px) Image search: [Google]
My Other Job.jpg
34KB, 338x283px
>>1892061
>What the fuck did I just see?
>>
>>1892088
No, he doesn't. Maybe he did at one point but he clearly doesn't give a fuck anymore. It was painful watching him on Monday.
>>
>>1891981
Gimmicks are infinitely more retarded. He just doesn't have any charisma. If you have charisma you don't need a stupid gimmick.
>>
>>1891988
But the best story and character work in a WWE ring this decade was about Sami Zayn.
>>
>>1892038
>They debut a "long awaited" AJ Styles and nobody gives a fuck,

Except for the part where he became the most over guy in the company inside of 3 months, sure.
>>
>>1892139
>>1892298
>"millennials"
>Kliq dick sucking

state of you
>>
>>1892072
was disliked by smarks
>>
>>1891981

His gimmick is that he's retarded. You fell for it hook, line and sinker.
>>
>>1891981

probably because it's trying to compete with ultimate fighting, which is much more popular.

The gimmicks have been declining since the 90's when stone cold and the rock showed up. The 80's was when the best gimmicks went down.
>>
>>1893067
Yeah, he got booed outta the building in front of every "smark" crowd from 1996-2003.

Are you some kind of idiot?
>>
>>1893087
ufc has gimmicks now and is becoming much more popular than ever because the guys are devloping personaliteis. wwe is doing the opposite and will be dead within two years
>>
>>1893127
Not understanding what 'smark' means is the calling card of the underage mark. Just ignore them, they are children
>>
>>1891981
Make him a dindu gibsmedat type
>>
I miss the gimmick names too like Stone Cold and Undertaker.
Now these characters have full names and they're only called by their last name.
>Cesar
>Rusev
>Big Cass
>>
>>1893499
Blame Vince's psychosis for making them drop their first names
>>
>>1893509
I kinda get it but I still miss the gimmick names.

Did the Big Boss Man gimmick have a full name? THAT'S what I miss.
>>
>>1893474
he means Austin was never booed like Roman so obviously only a tiny minority of autistic smarks hated Austin but the majority of the neckbeards today hate anything but indy midgets

dipshit
>>
>>1893526
Show your working.

>but the majority of the neckbeards today hate anything but indy midgets

Explains why they keep cheering RuRu over Romannetty.
>>
>>1893529
they are virgins cheering for Lana without her he is nothing
>>
They have gimmicks. The majority of the roster has gimmicks they just suck.
>Breezango
>The Vaudevillains
>Bray Wyatt
>Bo Dallas
>Rusev
>Golden Truth
>Ascension
>Neville
>The Miz
>Hype Bros
>Jinder Mahal
>Sheamus
>Brian Kendrick
>Heath Slater
>The New Day
Hell I could probably go on but before you jump down my throat saying anything that isn't as overt as 'The Boogeyman' is not a gimmick consider that "Anti-American Foreigner" has been a staple of wrestling for the past three decades. Wrestlers have shticks and most of them have a catchphrase regardless of how not over "Welcome to the Wasteland." is.
>>
>>1893509

Big Cass works though. He's big and from Brooklyn and he talks a lot in a funny accent. Once he stops tripping over his lines, he's good to go.

Dropping "Antonio" and especially "Adrian" was goddamn awful.
>>
>>1893534
>"WE WANT RU-SEV!"
>cheering for Lana

She wasn't even in the arena when that happened, you dumb bastard.
>>
People these days are just an extension of themselves. You will never see a wrestler with a clown, race car driver, lawyer, policeman, chef, etc etc gimmick.

>>1892139
Is that what some people tried to do to cena and why he buried every talent? I kinda wish he was healthy so he could bury reigns and ambrose.
>>
>>1892312
He should tag team with Tozawa once he's done with his Japan dates. The cruiserweight division is already crowded enough and that backstage interview Crews did with Tozawa at the CWC was probably the best thing I've seen with him so far.
>>
>>1893710
I mean seriously, just look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_w4T2nQtfw
this just screams PLEASE put Tozawa in a tag team with him on Smackdown
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.