[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to wrestling and to /asp/. What were some of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Nwologo.jpg (8KB, 200x131px) Image search: [Google]
Nwologo.jpg
8KB, 200x131px
I'm new to wrestling and to /asp/. What were some of the key points of the Monday Night Wars?
>>
Triple H winning the title
>>
DX invading WCW with a tank was the turning point for WWF
>>
>>1889978
Virgil joined the nWo (as Vincent)
>>
>>1889978
>Hulkster's heel turn
>Austin's kotr 3:16 speech
>Austin - Hart doubleturn
>Austin vs. McMahon feud
>DX
>Sting vs. nWo
>Goldberg's rise
>fingerpoint of doom
>WCW telling its viewers Foley won the WWF championship - causing a lot of fans to switch over to raw
>Rock's rise
and a lot of other stuff
>>
>>1889987
The fingerpoint of doom is widely considered the turning point of the Monday Night Wars.
>>
For WCW its the first 3 months of NWO and Sting's return. For WWE its Austin winning his first title and the storylines involving the Corporation. After Austin's heel turn against The Rock its all shit
>>
>>1890042
>>1890050
>underage wwe network babby getting worked by wwe revisionist history

the most deserving 18+ post in history

18+
>>
>>1890072
Go on baby troll...
Jealous I've actually been around back then, huh?
>>
>>1890041
this was the defining moment of the attitude era
>>
>>1890042
Honestly DX's run in the 90s were so-so, when they were faces they never won major feuds against the top heels, when they finally did win major fueds and the Championship they were either heel or turned heel in the process.

Austin vs Hart, and the Austin KOTR speech are really just highlights, the rest of the product was still shit and all the other storylines sucked.

Foley winning and chasing the title was good. The best was when Austin was chasing the title. Up until The Rock joined The Corporation his only good feud was with Triple H for the intercontinentel title. Its a shame they didn't have more feuds, their styles complimented each other
>>
>>1890205
Now that I think of it, Foley doesn't get enough credit for the Monday Night Wars. Outside of Austin he was the only other storyline people were interested until more people started to break out
>>
>>1890219
If you watched the Monday night wars, Foley gets his credit for sure. Stone cold, Rock, taker, and even foley get their own special episode. They fully document the moment Mankind would win the title and how hundreds of thousands of people changed the channel, causing a shift in ratings overall. He wasn't exactly a game changer, but he definitely pushed the ship ahead strong.
To op, just watch on the network, it's done very well.
>>
>>1890232
They only mention Foley in refrence to WCW announcing the title change. I think the reason why the ratings spiked had more to do with a title change on a non ppv than it did with Foley winning it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.