[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the in-ring action so much better than WWE? Tradeoff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: njpwlogo-645x370.jpg (82KB, 645x370px) Image search: [Google]
njpwlogo-645x370.jpg
82KB, 645x370px
Why is the in-ring action so much better than WWE?

Tradeoff of not having to do promos or complicated stories?

Less restrictions by not being a tv show? Are they just better at training?

There are like 3 or 4 amazing matches from WWE this year and probably twice that from NJPW with a smaller roster.
>>
>>1874583
Because NJPW treats it more like a sport than entertainment.
>>
They don't have to do 3-4 shows a week typically

Really restricts the sort of maneuvers you can do and makes the matches more formulaic so they can survive the schedule
>>
i don't know when this actually started but as long as we're entertained, the WWE stars feel they've done their job. I've heard (or read) Orton and Ambrose say this before.

technically they're right but matches still look like shit and there's no real psychology to them.
>>
>Lighter schedule
>No road agents
>More freedom
>No Vince

That's basically it.

>>1874781
That's a Vince ideal.
>>
>>1874583
It's a mixture of a lot of the things people have said, and also the dojo system really hammering in an extreme amount of discipline and toughness into the wrestlers, they all are built up from the very basics, and it's that raw material the NJPW uses so well with its better booking practices. You never get anywhere near the main event or even the midcard unless you can really fucking go.
>>
NJPW is attempting to build around Okada.

WWE is attempting to build around Reigns.

Figure it out.
>>
>>1874978
a TNA jobber or the enforcer of the shield, understood.
>>
>>1874583
Go back to wew, fatty
>>
>>1874583
They wrestle a lot less often so can take higher risks and work stiffer.
>>
Apart from how talented their guys are, the schedule is a major difference. You can pretty much kill yourself and know you have two weeks off to recover at the end of the tour. In WWE, you can't even go all out on a PPV because you'll usually be expected to work the next night.
>>
>>1875009
Romannetty was a jobber in FCW so what's your point?

>>1875036
G1 Climax is grueling as fuck though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.