[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im watching Raw from 1998 and this shit is fucking awful. Everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: mfw restling is gay.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mfw restling is gay.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Im watching Raw from 1998 and this shit is fucking awful. Everything is boring, everything looks fake as shit
>Headbangers
>NWA invasion
>Jeff Jarrett singing
>MMA retards
>Dude Love fighting for the tittle with 1 week build up
>Dude Love
>INFERNO MATCH!!!
>CASKET MATCH!!!!
>Kane and Undertaker literally fought 3 times in less than a month
>Legion of Doom 2000
>Legion of Doom
>Bodalicious something and Boner Bob
>Sable with her fake tits out
>The guy who's always with her but no one like him/knows who he is
>OMG VINCE MCMAHON IS GOING TO SCREW STEVE AUSTIN!!!!!!
>Artist formerly known as Goldust
When does wrestling actually get good for the ones who watched it back then?
>>
>>1872805
I'm rewatching the Attitude Era too. Starts to get really good around the end of 99.
>>
98 Nitro was the shit.
>>
the fact that you know how everything ends takes 50% of the pleasure away

living it and seeing it later are different things
>>
>OP complaining about Russo-riffic shit

>>1872811
>around the end of 99
>after Russo leaves

Really makes you think...
>>
>>1872805
>When does wrestling actually get good

1997 Nitro up to Starrcade 1997

Hogan/nWo vs Sting is the greatest angle of all time for me, it's too bad the actual match and blow off was fucking pathetic
>>
>>1872811
So still a year and a half to get there.

>>1872817
I started watching WCW 96 because i wanted to see the whole NWO angle from the start. It was shit too, i stopped watching because it didnt make sense to continue just to see Scott Hall and Diesel's promo.

Ric Falir was feuding with some American Football players baka

>>1872818
Obviously and know we have much more information too. It's still shit tho, kinda like a movie that didnt aged well
>>
Around 99 they hit their stride, 2000 is fucking amazing and easily the best year in wrestling history
>>
Stone Cold literally pinned Dude Love and made the count to 3
>>
>>1872825
>So still a year and a half to get there.
Yeah. Honestly, only stuff with Rock/Austin/Taker/Kane is worth watching in this period.
>>
>>1872811
I thought end of 98-2003 to be gold
>>
>>1872864
The end of 98-2003? So... just 2003?
>>
Never.

The Attitude Era is better left to nostalgia. For every good segment, there were 50 terrible ones.
>>
WWE was on the verge of death in 96/97 and had to cut their roster down to the absolute bare bones just to survive.

By the time Austin/Rock got over they still took years to build the midcard and tag division back up to a high standard. Which is why late 99 to 2001 is the best period in WWF history.

In early 98 Austin and Taker were the only real "stars" they had due to Bret and Shawn quitting.
>>
>>1872805
You have to be 14 and eagerly awaiting seeing some big fake tits on the screen to properly enjoy it.
>>
>>1872805
most of the Attitude era has aged like milk
>>
>>1872805

I guess this is why I never got in the WWF much. They had hot chicks but the stories didn't do anything for me.

WCW always had a grip on me thanks mostly to Sting and the nWo. I fell out of wrestling shortly before the WCW was bought out, so I guess I missed out on the best of WWE.

I've been watching best-of clips on Youtube and this shit is gold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl_fR-mSmh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m86_9WmhSDc
>>
desu, Nitro was much better than Raw until around 1999
>>
>>1873461
This is best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH59wZnNOEw
>>
>>1873561
The Rock was the best in the mic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qpxhch652c
>>
1999 is when WWF gets good.

The year 2000 is probably the single best year in WWE history.

the post-war era: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 is pretty good too. 2005 is a mixed bag as it was a transitional year, and then everything goes to shit by 2006 and becomes unwatchable by 2007.
>>
WWE has been roughly the same quality for all the last 30 years because Its the same dude running the show and because of the economics of wrestling HR. Wrestling will always be outstripped by bigger sports when it comes to attracting athletes and it will be outstripped by TV and Film when it comes to attracting writers. So they have always had shit depth and mediocre creative.

If you perceive there to be radical differences in quality the only thing that changed is you. Each year the smarks hated it, marks lapped that shit up and casual fans thought it was decent, especially the bits with guys that were on top when they were marks. Ratings differences had more to do with changes in the TV industry than creative mix or star power.

The only realistic thing that will could alter WWE's quality is Vince stepping down, and it will probably change things for the worse.

If you don't like wrestling in 2016 then it will never be for you.
>>
>>1873569
>everything goes to shit by 2006
>ECW Invasion
>One Night Stand 2006
>Wrestlemania 22
>Edge vs Cena
>Edge vs Mick Foley
>Rob Van Dam WWE Champion
>Edge WWE Champion
>Great Orton heel
>Rey Misterio babyface run from Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania
>Kurt Angle vs Undertaker

Yeah... 2006 was shit
>>
>>1872805
The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust was almost as entertaining as The Artist Formerly Known as Prince Iaukea.
>>
>>1873089
this guy gets it

you look at the midcard in 97 and it's shit

you start seeing something in 98, but in those 2 years it's only the main event that matters

I mean let's look at the 98 RR

Vader vs Goldust.... gay.
Max Mini, Mosaic, Nova vs El Torito, Tarantula, Battalion ..... literally who?

IC Title The Rock vs Ken Shamrock, that was ok.

LOD vs New Age Outlaws, that was decent

HBK vs Taker for the title... Ok.

Royal Rumble match is filled with guys that already wrestled in the previous matches:

The Rock, Shamrock, Vader, Goldust and then you have 3 times Mick Foley, then Bradshaw, Jarret, Mark Henry, Honky Tonk Man and a bunch of nobodies.

That's 7 repetitions in total already.
>>
>>1873768
forgot Farooq and Owen Hart

Still, 10 stars, 4 midcarders, the rest jobbers.

That's WWF in 1998
>>
>>1873768
it shows how much of a GOAT austin was he was able to carry the product during 98
>>
>>1873783
pretty much

considering that The Rock was still in the Nation and HHH was still HBK's sidekick, Steve Austin was carrying the company alone

though things moved fast those days, within 6 months, The Rock had transitioned to People's Champ, then Corporate Rock and legitimately started drawing (that's where Russo's chaotic booking worked)

HHH would take over DX too

the second half of 98 isn't bad at all and that's when WWF started gaining ground on WCW

and within a few more months, WCW would go from leading, to committing suicide with Nash pinning Goldberg and the Fingerpoke of Doom

one reason OP may never enjoy it as much is because
1) he won't feel the competition
2) he won't feel the rush both companies had to succeed
3) he won't live the week by week dramatic change of landscape
>>
>>1872827
>David Arquette is world champion
>>
>>1873585
Based Anon telling the truth
>>
>>1873585
>WWE = wrestling

nah
>>
>>1872805
You're not wrong on pretty much everything but I won't see any besmirching of big fake titties.
>>
File: 0fc.jpg (147KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
0fc.jpg
147KB, 1500x1500px
>>1872805
>Hating that strange mixture of New Generation 94-97 wrestlers and future Attitude Era star wrestlers in 1998.

Fuck you for hating every thing that is fun and campy
>>
I'm having more fun watching the old Jim Crockett Promotions, just GOAT tier promos from Ric, Dustin, Jake and Piper
>>
>>1873047

Thank you

The only good think about the A'yydudelmao' Era was Stone Cold's PPV matches, Bret screwing Bret, and BLOOD
>>
so i havent really watched much the older stuff, is there a guide to what to watch or should i just stick to the PPV's?
>>
>>1875195
'98 - pretty much just watch the PPVs

'99 start watching the Raws (and SD when it starts) but without hesitation skip segments/matches you're not interested in.

'00 watch pretty much everything.
>>
>>1875195
2002-2003 Smackdown and PPV's
96-97 Nitro and PPVs
98-99 RAW and PPV
>>
>>1875195
95-2001 nitro
>>
1997 objectively speaking is the best year in wrestling history
>>
>>1875226
Nitro from 99 started getting bad.

Nitro 2000 was crap. 2001 they tried sorting their shit but it was too late.
>>
>>1875225
>not watching anything during the GOAT 2000-01 period
Do you have straight fucking aids or something?
>>
OP here.

One thing im now noticing is how rare it was for someone to lose clean during 98 WWF. I dont know if this is just me seeing wrestling with other eyes (im 23 now and i dont follow the new stuff, i was a teen when i watched wresting) and it's normal but holy shit how fucking boring and predictable can you be?

Like Owen Hart literally lost to Triple H a shitton of times because of Chyna and DX. Ken Shamrock lost to The Rock a lot of times because of DQ. LOD 2000 and NAO just had a match where both kinda pinned eachother i guess.

Why cant someone just lose the fucking match clean? Why cant they just have a good storyline, a good match and end it there? It seems to me that they just had all their eggs in the Stone Cold basket and if that didnt work then they would be screwed because the rest was shit.

Im going to watch the RAW next to Unforgiven. Wish me luck
>>
>>1875313
Because the results on raw don't matter. They're trying to sell ppvs
>>
>>1875313
Pro-tip buddy: the fun wasn't watching the entirity of RAW, the fun was switching back and forth between Nitro and RAW and just being overwhelmed by two companies trying to one-up each other in real time via professional wrestling, all during the trashiest era television and culture has known before or since. People expect more from TV now, which is why in retrospect just watching a random RAW, out of context, is kinda shit. Still not as shit as today's product though.
>>
>>1872805
>Ignoring Tennessee Lee
>>
>>1873561
>>1873564

Best at reading a script, for sure. He's no Jake The Snake or Austin, he's more like the Warrior who can only do one thing.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.