[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bret and Shawn two guys universally praised as two of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: bretaus.png (612KB, 549x734px) Image search: [Google]
bretaus.png
612KB, 549x734px
>Bret and Shawn two guys universally praised as two of the best in ring performers of all time

The company nearly goes bankrupt during their run on top

>Austin and Rock two guys universally praised as two of the best wrestlers on the mic ever

Carry the company to the biggest wrestling boom the world has ever seen

Really shows whats important in wrestling doesn't it?
>>
Yeah, we all know that charisma and gimmick are what really matter.
>>
>>1869974
but did you not see Sami Zayn and Cesaro wrestle that 4 star match on Raw last week!

this is the best time to be a wrestling fan!
>>
Bret and Shawn might not have drawn a dime but miles ahead better than Austin and rock on their best day.
>>
>people watch tv to be entertained
>they can watch real sports for athleticism
>entertaining wrestlers draw, boring ones who are good in ring dont
>todays viewership is down, despite improvement in ring but zero charisma guys

really makes you think
>>
>>1869978
this is why you never listen to smarks
>>
>>1869976
I bet Rock/Austin at WM 17 is rated higher than any Bret/Shawn match
>>
>>1869976
Wrestling ability yes.
Entertainment and promo wise no
>>
>>1869976
>Bret and Shawn might not have drawn a dime

That really made me think.
>>
I always loved Shawn's heel character, he has a lot of charisma. Not sure why he couldn't draw.
>>
>>1869978
Coming from a wrestler in training, you've nailed it so hard you've broken its back
>>
>>1870007
Not everyone is a female or homosexual like you
>>
>>1870007
He doesn't look like a top guy. His babyface character was just "DUDE SEXY LMAO". Heels don't draw nearly as well, and when he was one, there was someone else on top.
>>
>>1869974
Austin doesn't really have charisma outside of his fake tough guy look. One of the reasons he never made it to hollywood.
>>
>>1870024
please don't derail another thread Hoganfag
>>
>>1870016
this WCW stole a lot of the teen/adult male demographic while Shawn was fagging it up

Then Austin started to bring them back
>>
>>1870035
False
>>
Rock's impact in AE is overrated as fuck. WWF was already on fire, selling out shows and drawing biggest numbers by the time Rock even made it to the top. Rock was a product of his time, not a game changer like Austin or Hogan were. He is more in line with Bret/HBK who were also just product of their times not difference makers.
>>
>>1870045
yup when Austin got injured they had guaranteed sell outs months in advance
>>
>>1870045
>not a game changer like Austin or Hogan were. He is more in line with Bret/HBK who were also just product of their times not difference makers.

Rock may have not made a true difference, but that's only by proxy of this difference already being made.
He's leagues ahead of Bret/HBK in drawing power.
>>
>>1869971
>Really shows whats important in wrestling doesn't it?
I wanted to say the answer is by not being gay, but dwayne is unironically a fruitcake
>>
>>1870083
Hi Kevin! Still seething?
>>
>>1870040
But that's true ya fuckin dweeb
>>
>>1869971
Rock and Austin were also interesting in the ring, though

Sure, Bret might be an 8/10 in ring, but was 4/10 on the mic and in promos.

Rock and Austin were 7/10 in ring (reasonably limited, even with Austins persona and Rocks top tier selling ability), but the 8/10 on the mic made them closer to a complete package than Bret
>>
>>1870226
>Bret
>8/10 in-ring
>Rock and Austin
>8/10 on the mic

These better have been for the sake of examples because otherwise state of your opinions.
>>
>>1870235
if austin and rock are not 10/10 on the mic I would love to hear who are
>>
>>1870240
They are 10's, I was saying I hoped they were just for example because the 8's were too low, not too high.
And you did give Rock props in-ring, when everyone nowadays pretends he was shit despite being a god-tier at showmanship/crowd involvement.
>>
>>1870024
This is true.

Austin drew massively because he was the poster child for the standard wrasslin fan - dumb rednecks.

Rock has charisma that can actually translate outside of wrestling, as did Hogan and Cena does as well.
>>
>>1870076
>He's leagues ahead of Bret/HBK in drawing power.

Now maybe(due to his hollywood stardom), but back then he was riding the already built up and well established hot WWF product just as much as anyone else at that period. Similarly Bret and HBK were riding the product of their time which was obviously dull and dire.
>>
>>1870226
> bret an 8/10 in the ring
> only one point higher than rock and austin

The city of (you)
>>
>>1870235
>>1870240
>>1870245
>>1870291

10/10s dont exist
>>
File: TheGOAT.jpg (97KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
TheGOAT.jpg
97KB, 600x423px
>>1870298
>10/10s don't exist
>>
>>1870350
the GOAT meme has gone too far
>>
>>1869971
If all you care about is making money, sure.

Do you think Gone with the Wind and Avatar are the two greatest films ever?
>>
>>1870350
5/10 on mic

5/10 in ring
>>
File: ShawnMichaels015[1].jpg (17KB, 288x361px) Image search: [Google]
ShawnMichaels015[1].jpg
17KB, 288x361px
>>1870035
>this WCW stole a lot of the teen/adult male demographic while Shawn was fagging it up

This does not get mentioned enough in wrestling history. Shawn caused channels to change. Men do not like to watch faggots dance around on television. If a wrestling show starts to make a man embarrassed to be caught watching it then it has failed.

This is one of the reasons why I have always thought the notion of Roman Reigns being a good candidate for being the "The Guy" is foolish. Men are the primary audience for wrestling. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise. And men don't give a shit if the champ is good looking. In fact, if he's too good looking it's off-putting.
>>
File: The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif (2MB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif
2MB, 245x175px
>>1870366
>>
>>1870361
the sole reason wrestling exists is to make money

not entertain 40 year old virgins with workrate
>>
>>1870366
Truth
>>
>>1870045
>What is 2000 their biggest year ever
>>
>>1870444
they went public that year
>>
>>1870447
And still had records with Rock at the helm

Going public doesn't boost PPVs, merch, TV ratings
>>
>>1870449
WWF did its peak ratings in 1999 and Austin was always a bigger merch mover than Rock

and if you look at the buyrates for 2000 they are lower than the previous year
>>
>>1869976
Sex
>>
>>1870510
clue
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.