[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right? Hes an elite worker of course, but WWE have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

What went right?

Hes an elite worker of course, but WWE have had lots of elite workers that haven't got over. What was it about AJ Styles in 2016 that made him an instant star?
>>
He's the best of the decade
>>
File: ajay.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
ajay.gif
2MB, 400x225px
the gay farmer strength community
>>
>>1868793

I remember when he first debuted on WWE, he was a part of a Miz promo, and when he came out it was silent, but after the Miz talked shit about him, they were chanting his name.
>>
The armband is over, not him
>>
Everyone loves AJ. He walks into any company and is pretty much handed the main belt.

When he went to WWE I was so sure Vince would burry him, or at best make him midcard for life. Styles is pretty much everything Vince usually dislikes in a wrestler. Smaller size. Indie style. Got over in companies that weren't WWE.

According to dirtsheets though (I know), Vince was blown away by AJs program of matches with Jericho, and was totally sold on him from that point on.
>>
>>1868818
Well, that and then his series of matches with Roman where he made Roman look like a million bucks ... Vince probably was dropping loads all over the place watching that shit.
>>
>>1868831
Certainly doesn't hurt.

Let's be honest though, AJ can pretty much wrestle anyone in WWE to at least a 4 star match. That's why he's so valuable to the company, that's why he has the belt.
>>
When aj debuted in wwe wwe babies where all "who the fuck is this guy"
Actual wrestling fans knew he was great.
I always say, if he was younger and didnt waste his time in TNA, he could have been the new face of the company, although, maybe all that experience in TNA and japan is what made him good.
Who knows.
>>
>>1868837

>actual wrestling fans

Stone Cold pouring cement into Vince's Corvette is better wrestling than anything AJ has ever done.
>>
Everything fell into place for him: they needed someone fresh to feud with Jericho, then they needed someone experienced to feud with Roman, then they needed someone exciting to feud with Cena.

AJ took each opportunity and crushed it, so by the time the Cena feud came around management were high as fuck on him and decided to give him a push, which he also jumped on.

He came in hot, wrestled incredibly, had a solid look for a smaller guy, and by the time his mic work was an issue the Club was there to back him up and he became a great promo quickly. Now he's the best in the company, loved by casuals and smarks, management think he's great and he's leading a show that's building a viewerbase. So in short, everything went right.
>>
>>1868793
He's actually very good in the ring.
He has a very varied skillset.
He's new and fresh (relatively) to the WWE scene, it's still interesting for another few months at least.
>>
File: 960x0.jpg (46KB, 960x646px)
960x0.jpg
46KB, 960x646px
>Two Words
>Farmer Strength
>>
The best and safest wrestler in the WWE today.

His only flaw was his lack of mic skills at first but ever since he started feuding with Cena he has improved a lot on the mic to the point he no longer needs The Club, instead they need him a lot with how boring they've become since the draft.
>>
Everything?

I used to watch him on TNA and thats about. He's just based. Came back to wrasslin just because of him
>>
>>1868793
Theres only one phenomenal one.
>>
>>1868831

Fuck, that was entertaining. Even the Usos looked cool
>>
>>1868837
>I always say, if he was younger and didnt waste his time in TNA, he could have been the new face of the company, although, maybe all that experience in TNA and japan is what made him good.Who knows.

I think that thats the point... Back in 09' Styles was already one of the best in this business, but his mic skills were lame, and he could do a lot of great matches, but all of them were very Xdivision-esque. when he went to japan he did a 5 stars match in his first night and not only that he became the IWGP Champion, he started to being amazing in his short promos and he was confident as fuck. Thats why he's now in the main event. He was a great wrestler in TNA, but now (after Japan) he's the best in the world.
>>
He's not that great. He's the best right now because there isn't jack shit for interesting characters in the WWE and he has a ton of experience.

Obviously he's good in-ring, that's not what makes someone a star though.
>>
File: 1475547253032.jpg (29KB, 179x320px) Image search: [Google]
1475547253032.jpg
29KB, 179x320px
His philosophy chimes with real wrestling fans'. pic may or may not related
>>
>>1868869
I think turning him heel allowed him to be a bit more fun on the mic. He knows you need mic skills to succeed so he's been working on them since he got here.
>>
>>1868793
His overall career resume shows to Vince that he can trust him to make a draw. Plus backstage politics from the veterans to the executives have given Styles their stamp of approval influencing Vince's decision as well.
>>
File: TooSweet.gif (692KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
TooSweet.gif
692KB, 500x282px
Let's be real, Styles entrance at MiTB this year was sick. The first big solo heel entrance, black and white Club tights, throwing up the too sweet...it was awesome.
>>
>>1868793
He's got farmer strength, and he's a unbreakable redneck.
>>
>>1868793
Hyped from the start..
Then the Pop at the Rumble happened..
Since then he's blown everyone away with how damn good he's been.
He's set for life now.
>>
>>1868837
I disagree. He was great before, but he wouldn't be GOAT if he hadn't gone to New Japan.
>>
>>1868793
2 major drawbacks
>manlet (5'9 without the boots)
>subpar on the mic (let's repeat Cena phrases ad nauseam)
He's midcard or upper at best, but of course mandrama in 2016 is dead so naturally he looks better in contrast to the rest of the company. Hence why he was only hired in one of the worst years of WWE and not before.
>>
>>1868859
>and he became a great promo quickly.
This impresses me the most desu. We literally watched AJ evolve in real time from a so-so promo to a fucking amazing one in what, four months?
>>
>>1868818

He learned how to talk in Japan (of all places).
He sells merchandise in a moment when almost noone is over.
He's a professional, doesn't bitch, doesn't whine, just delivers and proves he's superb.
He can go on a talk show and talk about how he values family and kids, which is a PR cash cow for WWE.

People forget that the point of NXT and the midcard is to develop those skills that are necessary to main event; AJ already has those, thus there's no point to make him waste time. He's a complete package like there are very few in today's wrestling.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.