[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some essential attitude era episodes/matches I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: WWF_Attitude_Logo.png (103KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
WWF_Attitude_Logo.png
103KB, 400x436px
What are some essential attitude era episodes/matches I should watch?

I only got into wrestling recently and literally never watched wrestling during its (supposed) peak and as a result, feel like i've missed a ton of good stuff.

i'd rather not try and watch every raw, smackdown and ppv from 1996-2002 since, from what i hear, the majority of it isnt that great but i'd like to at least get a good feel for what made the era of steve austin, the rock, dx and others so great

basically suggest me good attitude era shit to watch on the network
>>
>>1864913
Anything main event or ppv wise.

Most of the midcard tv matches was crappy 4 min spot fests with too much illplaced irish whips.
>>
>Attitude era
>Essential matches

lol
>>
>>1864913
mankind vs undertaker king of the ring 1998
rock vs mankind royal rumble 1999
triple h vs cactus jack royal rumble 2000
>>
>>1864951
wtf i hate the attitude era now
>>
>>1864913

>rock vs mankind for world title
>stone cold zamboni incident
>stone cold beer truck incident
>undertaker mankind hell in a cell
>>
>>1864913
Fuck AE
watch the entirety of the Bret Stone Cold feud
>>
>>1864951
18+
>>
>>1864951
Yeah this. Most of the actual matches are completely forgettable. The draw was the actual storylines which lasted more than 2 weeks and the subsequent investment that you had in the wrestlers. I'm not sure how the WWE has utterly lost sight of this, and thinks wrestlers can get over now with their generic jobber names and no characterisation.
>>
>>1864964
>Most of the actual matches are completely forgettable. The draw was the actual storylines which lasted more than 2 weeks and the subsequent investment that you had in the wrestlers

That's fine. Suggest me shit like that. I'm not some NJPW mark who only cares about in-ring talent. I can appreciate a good angle
>>
Basically watch all of '99.
>>
>>1864986
GOAT angle
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqLQ6qRV2fY
>>
>>1864964
we regularly get 4 star+ matches on TV and wrestling is the least popular it has ever been

match quality means fuck all
>>
>>1864953
These.

EnC / Hardyz Ladder Match at No Mercy
WM2000 Ladder Match
TLC + TLC2
Mankind vs. Triple H for the WWE Title on RAW
2001 Rumble Match
Jericho vs Triple H for the WWE Title on RAW (the fast count that got reversed)

All WM Rock/Austins (is 19 technically RA at this point?)

Triple H vs Cactus Jack HIAC

Angle's entire run as EuroContinential Champion
>>
>>1864986
It's quite difficult, because during the AE era, you had stuff happening all the way up and down the card.

I just picked out a random Raw report from 1999, have a look here.

http://www.angelfire.com/mo/THEUSER/raw20199.html

Everyone is doing something, that's why it was such a hot period, the audience were invested in what was going on. Storylines were more than what you get now where A has randomly decided he doesn't like B, we'll have a blow off match in a PPV in a month, but before that we'll face each other about 6 times in a variety of singles and tag matches.

>>1865010

read my post again mong before replying to me.
>>
>>1865025
sorry did not read it all
>>
2/13/97 -> IYH: Final Four (Bret vs Austin vs. Taker vs Vader) -> 2/17/97
3/3/97 (Owen vs Bulldog) -> 3/10/97 -> 3/17/97 -> Wrestlemania 13 -> 3/24/97 -> 3/31/97
4/7/97 -> IYH: Revenge -> 4/21/97 -> 4/28/97
5/5/97 -> 5/12/97 -> 5/19/97 -> 5/26/97 (HBK/Austin vs Bulldog/Owen)
6/2/97 -> KOTOR (HBK vs. Austin, HHH vs Mankind) -> 6/9/97 -> 6/16/97 ->6/23/97 -> 6/30/97
IYH: Canadian Stampede (5 vs 5, Michinoku vs Great Sasuke, Taker vs Vader) -> 7/7/97 (HHH vs Austin) -> 7/14/97 -> 7/21/97 -> 7/28/97
Summerslam 97 -> 8/4/97 -> 8/11/97 -> 8/18/97
IYH: Ground Zero (Patriot vs Hart, Taker vs HBK) -> 9/8/97 (Bret vs Vader) -> 9/15/97 -> One Night Only (Taker vs Bret, HBK vs Bulldog) -> 9/22/97 -> 9/29/97
IYH: Bad Blood (Taker vs HBK)

As far I got into the AE. Like already said, you could a bunch of shit/meh matches. Following the progression of Austin, the formation of the Hart Foundation and DX, Taker and Paul Bearer/Kane, usually the Nation of Domination (Rock joins them in 8/11/97) and Mick Foley really getting over are the most interesting things.
>>
I'm watching '98 and it is awful except for Stone Cold, The rock and a little group of wrestlers that are GOAT
'98 mid and low card is fucking terrible
>>
>>1865071
One of the worse midcards ever.
>>
Yes era was still better
>>
>>1865211
12+
>>
>>1865071
this
the only good thing about the AE was Austin
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.