[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are RAW and Smackdown written/booked by different people? Just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: 1472343155945.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
1472343155945.gif
410KB, 221x196px
Are RAW and Smackdown written/booked by different people?

Just seems strange that RAW has the superior roster but Smackdown is blatantly a better show overall.
>>
That's the thing with wrestling. You can have a really good roster but if you mismanage them and give people shitty storylines, it will suck.

But if you have a couple of jobbers and a few people to build around with competent writers, shit is actually entertaining.

Answering your question : supposedly it's different.
>>
>>1864890
pretty sure one of the old NXT bookers works on SDL now which probably explains why its far better that Raw

plus the two hour format means there's less filler compared to Raw so every match actually feel like it needs to be there
>>
>>1864890
they have different writing teams. one of the guys on smackdown used to be the writer on nxt
>>
>>1864945
the saddest part is that there's no law saying that raw has to be all filler. they could easily do the equivalent of three LU episodes every week but they don't
>>
Smackdown is written by a manlet
>>
>>1864967
the biggest issue is the 3 hour timeslot. vince gets more money because of it but as a result, the quality of the shows suffer.

the new cruiserweights are starting to balance out the rest of the roster now but they really need to figure out some better midcard matches than the shit we have at the moment. fuck im sick of seeing golden truth and shining star matches
>>
>>1864890
Smackdown will always be a superior show simply because even if it's bad it's still one hour less of suffering than Raw. Also Smackdown actually feels like you're watching an episode of something, each episode has it's own semi-self contained storyilne, unlike Raw which feels more like a parade of various disjointed storylines.
>>
>>1864967
>they could easily do the equivalent of three LU episodes every week but they don't

That's a pretty bad comparison to make because if they worked like that every week plus the road schedule they'd be a roster of shambling skeletons.
>>
>>1864890
Smackdown is written by the man actually behind NXT's peak, with based Vince overseeing. Raw is what happens when Gaitch gets free reign, manlets and trannies everywhere.
>>
The show that cuts back on the filler and reverts back to the 8 match card will be the eternal champion.
>>
>>1864961
>>1865028
Had a feeling there are different writers, but an NXT writer being on SDL explains a lot. When you watch Smackdown, you at least feel like you're watching a semi-cohesive wrestling show.

RAW is just 2 and a half hours of filler with 30 minutes of shit we've seen a hundred times already. The majority of my favorite guys are on RAW, but it's just unwatchable. I'll take Miz vs Ziggler over Stephanie's weekly geldings and Mick's incessant white knighting.
>>
>>1864890
>Smackdown has:
>The Face That Runs The Place
>John Cena
>Dean Ambrose
>Ziggler
>Miz
>Young Angle and Young Shelton
>Rhyno
>Slater
>Ryder
>Becky
>Alexa
>Mauro
>Naomi

>RAM somehow has the better roster
>>
File: 100.gif (423KB, 196x100px) Image search: [Google]
100.gif
423KB, 196x100px
>>1864890
>RAW has the superior roster
>>
>>1865069
Back before the draft half those guys were considered no names and shitty picks. Smackdown did have the far inferior roster, especially the midcard (which is still shallow), but what SD did was build those guys nobody cared about into stars. Seriously, did ANYONE imagine a tag team of Slater and Rhyno getting this over?
>>
>>1865011
not true, each episode of lucha underground has 3 matches and a bunch of segments to advance the storyline. three matches an hour is 9 matches for three hours. this week's episode of raw had 9 matches

if raw was as good as lucha underground, you'd be begging on bended knees for a fourth hour
>>
>>1865145
>Styles
>Cena
>Orton
>Wyatt
>Ambrose
>Ziggler
>Miz
>Mauro
>shitty picks
Smackdown got the far stronger roster with all their top picks. Outside of Balor, Zayn, Jericho and Owens, I'm not sure how anyone could think that Raw has a stronger roster

>>1865151
>begging on bended knees for a fourth hour
I dont even thing LU could manage a SECOND hour of that quality, let along FOUR hours
>>
>>1865158
Ziggler and Miz were stale as fuck before the brand split. And it's not just the men's singles roster you know, at the time of the draft the only woman people cared about was Becky and the only tag team people wanted to see was AA. And yet they still managed to have both divisions more interesting that their Raw counterparts.
>>
>>1865145
>>1865145
That seems familiar.... Oh my god, Heyman is secretly back in control of smackdown
>>
>>1865172
Or simply the NXT writer they called up isn't a retard and studied up on how SD was booked back in the first brand split and tried to emulate it as much as it can be done in today's setting. As you do.
>>
>>1865145
>Back before the draft half those guys were considered no names and shitty picks

true, in kayfabe
sd got all the good storytellers
fucking raw only 50 years old comedy jobber jericho and maybe kevin owens.
>>
>>1865176
Oh please, it has to be someone who forces Kevin Dun not to be shit, like he is on every raw. And it's a well known fact that he hates Heyman because he forced him not to suck at his job.
>>
>>1865176
but talent is the #1 factor.
not even sd writers can save someone like orton imagine the struggle of the raw team with people like rollins balor and reigns
>>
>>1865202
To be fair, Rollins and Balor have talent out the ass.

Their issue is charisma, plus RAWs writers couldn't squeeze out a good promo or storyline if they were held at gunpoint.
>>
When was the last good segment on Raw? And did it involve Steph and Foley?
>>
>>1865212
The list of Jericho, the man is Single-handedly saving the paper industry and those god awful gm/commissioner segments. God bless Chris Jericho!
>>
>>1864890
I'm pretty sure that for all the differences in writers/bookers, Vince is still in 100% complete control
>>
>>1864945
Source
>>
>>1865212
the johnny knockout segment imo
>>
>>1864945
>plus the two hour format means there's less filler compared to Raw so every match actually feel like it needs to be there
Kinda. Regardless of the show, there's STILL 5 minutes of wrestling/promos for every 5 minutes of ads/product placement/the shows logo ominously showing for no reason. They're both filler heavy.

My issue is that the commentators seem to be even more heavily scripted, resulting in some awful moments where the commentators get mixed up. This seems more prevalent on Raw.
>>
>>1865069
>Smackdown has:
>>The Face That Runs The Place
>>John Cena
Heh
>>
>>1865158
>Outside of Balor, Zayn, Jericho and Owens, I'm not sure how anyone could think that Raw has a stronger roster

Balor's negative points.
>>
>>1865212
Chin man vs Strong man
>>
>>1865227

Pretty sure Jericho is taking a few months off soon to play with that band
>>
>>1865251
Balor's great. Shame he was injured, he'll end up on Romans hitlist when he comes back
>>
>>1865207
I don't even like Rollins, but WWE did him no favors with that awful title reign where he did nothing but get demolished verbally and physically by friend and foe alike. Made him look worse than he really is
>>
>>1865320
Not to mention that being a chickenshit, treacherous heel for so long it will be hard to sell his as a face to the little jimmies.
>>
>>1865442
what else you can do?
>not believable enough to be a badass heel
>not good enough mic skills to be a babyface
>>
It is booked exactly the same
>>
>>1865495
This. He's just a spot monkey entitled faggot. Zero personality, grating voice, bad look.
>>
Remember that four week stint where RAW opened with Stef and Foley in the ring?

That's when I noticed the difference in production, not sure about writers/bookers
>>
>>1865320
>>1865442

He had 4 star matches on PPVs and delivered in the clutch he was PPV Seth
>>
>>1864890
>RAW has the superior roster
It doesn't though.
>>
>>1864967
Jesus Christ you're dumb. LU is written in advance and has SEASONS! It's also pre-taped and a lot of stuff is very often cut out during production(botches,bad segments and even entire matches). WWE is live and "written" on weekly basis with some more high profile storylines written somewhat in advance. LU would run out of material in 2 months if they had go on WWE's schedule.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.