[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /asp/ I just turned 22 today and I'm thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: SH0248_UFC_main.jpg (24KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
SH0248_UFC_main.jpg
24KB, 594x334px
Hey /asp/ I just turned 22 today and I'm thinking about training in MMA to ultimately reach the UFC.

I've only been in 1 (ONE) fight in my life (i won if it matters to you).. I'm pretty athletic, 5'10" and would be a Bantamweight/Featherweight, my question I guess is is it too late for me to try get into MMA in terms of trying to make it my career? Also i live in Houston, is this a good city to find good gyms/trainers to try and make a name for myself?
>>
you should gain height
>>
Have sex
>>
lol manlet
>>
>>1858904
You might have to train harder if you want to get as much fighting in your career as possible, but most mma dudes are like 30 or something, so as long as you have some decent fighting sense about you. However, a lot of trainers, at least for boxing, look for guys who have been in a few fights outside the gym, because getting into actual "this guy might shit on your face and rub in into the concrete if you get ko'd" fights is basically the best way to develop that fighting instinct
>>
I'm also pretty interested in becoming a UFC fighter myself. Can anyone recommend me some resources to start learning some martial arts besides an over expensive gym i.g. $70 a month filled with fat fucks.
>>
>>1858904
Are you a meathead gorilla who was in fights all the time in school?

If not, you should not go for MMA.
>>
>>1862200
if you think 70$ a month is expensive you might as well give up.

my gym is 150 a month with only bjj and muay thai.

a solid mma fighter gym would be 200-300 a month if you actually want to get coaching to become a decent fighter
>>
>>1858904
>5'10" and would be a Bantamweight/Featherweight
how skeletal are you lad
>>
File: cm just.png (574KB, 641x521px) Image search: [Google]
cm just.png
574KB, 641x521px
>>1858904
4chan is not where future professional athletes ask for advice, especially not fucking /asp/. You lack the basic confidence that makes an alpha male, capable of being a professional fighter.

Enjoy giving up after a couple weeks of getting smashed and going nowhere in jiu jitsu class, while paying out the ass for the clue.

You're never going to make it, a lot of people will tell you this, and they're 100% right.
>>
>>1861344
>look for guys who have been in a few fights outside the gym, because getting into actual "this guy might shit on your face and rub in into the concrete if you get ko'd" fights is basically the best way to develop that fighting instinct

You literally made this up
>>
>>1858913
>>1858916
>>1858918
>>1862209
>>1862227
Kill yourselves wrasslefags

OP the only limit on how far you can go is how far youre willing to push yourself. Even if you can't push yourself into the pros that doesn't mean you can't have a decent amatuer career and an interesting fulfilling hobby. Ignore the mandrama fags, theyre life is empty and only want to drag you down with them.
>>
>>1862249
>the only limit on how far you can go is how far youre willing to push yourself

Yeah, that is very nice and all, but at one point you need to face reality like CM Punk did. Unless you are especially gifted at what you do, a fighting career will only give you terrible headache and cauliflower ears - without any decent pay.

>theyre life is empty

I have a nice career, MMA simply is not something one should aspire to do unless they were brutes for who fighting was the only choice. I wouldn't recommend "man drama" career to anyone either.

But if that's what you really want to do after considering everything thoroughly, go for it, OP.
>>
>>1862200
$70 a month would be extremely cheap for an MMA gym. If you couldn't even manage that, you will never fight in the UFC.
>>
>>1858904
Train your brain while it's still young. Follow your dreams.

The brain of an adolescent is very plastic and able to create strong, lasting neuro-connections relative easily.
One's ability to strengthen one's aptitude is significantly reduced past the age of around 25 years.
After that, one's ability to strengthen one's bare basic ability to do things like memorize things, calculate, all other things stemming from that is just significantly reduced.
However, one's ability to recall stored information quickly and keep long-term memory is significantly increased.
Also, one can still learn and apply various techniques to improve one's ability of memorizing things and what not.
Knowledge, intelligence, and determination can compensate for each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KLPxDtMqe8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiduiTq1ei8
>>
File: Banes World.jpg (42KB, 680x523px) Image search: [Google]
Banes World.jpg
42KB, 680x523px
>>1862249
>the only limit is how far you push yourself
>interesting hobby

It's a combat sport, others break through your limit and leave you with brain damage or broken limbs.

Don't listen to this cuck OP. Find a profitable hobby with real life benefits, not brain damage and hospital visits on top of training costs and gym memberships just to get btfo by guys who started way earlier than you and have more natural test. You'll be much happier in the end.
>>
>>1862371
>face reality like CM punk

Cm punk tried to take short cuts. You don't jump right into the big leagues without an amatuer career first.

>>1862579
>hurr durr don't do mma you might get hurt

Oh wow, thanks for enlightening us. I never would have started if I thought I might get hurt.
>>
>>1862747
Enjoy mushy brains.
>>
>>1862774
Enjoy being incredibly average your whole life because you're afraid to take a risk
>>
>>1862906
Are you brains mushy already? Going for a fighting career doesn't mean you wouldn't be an average fighter, at best.
>>
>>1862416
>Train your brain while it's still young. Follow your dreams.
>The brain of an adolescent etc.

You're right, but this guy is 22, Too old.

Having said that, if you think it's something you'll regret if you don't try, go for it.
>>
>>1858904
Your chance of getting into the UFC is very low

Your chance of making a career of fighting is low, but if you hustle for sponsors and make most of your money from there you could have a decent income. There are no sponsors in the UFC, so look for other orgs.

Your very best bet is to train for 10 years, fight for a few, and then go into a related career like coaching, promotion, or regulatory.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.