[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was The Streak ended because Brock was damaged goods? >Comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: streak.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
streak.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
Was The Streak ended because Brock was damaged goods?

>Comes in, loses to Cena
>Cena says he's "going to go away for awhile" to sell the beating, misses a week
>Year long HHH feud which was extremely boring. Brock didn't even beat him clean in either of his wins
>Punk feud that ended in a good match but the build up was dumb. It was more Punk/Heyman than Punk/Lesnar
>Filler Mark Henry matches
>Filler Big Show feud ending in a 4 minute match

At that point Vince must have realized that Lesnar simply wasn't worth the amount he was being paid, and he needed something big. Lesnar was so fucked at that point that I remember reading some reactions of The Streak ending where people said they were either on their phone during the finish or skipped the match entirely because of a combination of not giving a fuck about Brock anymore and thinking there's no way Taker could lose with the way Brock was booked. I think if Brock was used better pre-streak, it wouldn't have happened
>>
It was done because Taker didn't think he would be able to wrestle in 2015, per Meltz, not because Lesnar was particularly the perfect choice or anything
>>
Apparently it was decided by Vince on a whim the day of.
>>
>>1852814
Vince wanted to set up Brock as a monster that destroyed everything in his path then have Roman come in and conquer him, becoming the face of the company in the process.

But no, you fat smarks had to ruin it because you booed Roman because he wasn't a manlet with a beard that did a stupid chant.
>>
>>1852843
If Vince actually thought ahead of time and hadn't brought Bryan back for the Rumble just to sell a couple of tickets, Roman might not have gotten booed the way he did.

Maybe the end result would still the same, but they fucked it up anyway so we'll never know.
>>
File: BALORED.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
BALORED.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>1852843
Maybe yo' boi Reigns shouldn't have sucked total shit.

He might've actually gotten over, then.

>>1852847
Roman losing the crowd was inevitable: his injury actually staved it off for longer than it probably otherwise would've happened.
>>
>>1852843
Smarks would still boo Roman if he beat Lesnar at that time, they're that petty.

He only lost because Lesnar re-signed and they had the opportunity to push Jasethy in the meantime which was a total flop and they had to salvage his push after he got injured and adjust it for Roman.

Smarks claim that Dean or HHH should have won but they're just plain delusional.
>>
>>1852855
>punishment loss

KEK

The only guy who beat him legit is Kevin Owens
>>
>>1852859
>forgetting about DA MAN SEF

>>1852857
>booing a guy for sucking is "petty"

State of fedoroman
>>
The streak was only ended because of two reasons

1. Brock was the only person who was willing to do it (Taker had asked pretty much every opponent for the last few years if they wanted to end it but they all said no)
2. So they could make Brock look like an unstoppable monster, which would go into next year's Mania where he'd make Roman look REALLY, REALLY strong.
>>
>>1852824
Taker has pretty much complete control over his mania match booking so I doubt Vince had anything to do with it. He straight up told Vince this year that he wasn't putting Shane over
>>
>>1852814
Pretty sure Bork beat Haitch clean at Summerslam
>>
>>1853069
He hit a low blow and the ref was gonna stop the match until Heyman told him not to
>>
>>1853079
No I don't think so kek. Brock was push into the corner of the table and hit his stomach and they were trying to sell his diverticulitis injury as part of the storyline. Heyman didn't ask the ref to stop the match at all. And the low blow didn't lead to Bork winning either. Haitch hit him with a second pedigree then went for a pin but Bork reversed it into a Kimura Lock. So I don't know how that's not a clean win buddy. Anything you listed was just heel tactics during the match
>>
>>1853079
Are forgetting that Triple H himself made the match a no disqualification match and specifically told the ref not to stop the match regardless before in the PPV? Heyman just reminded the ref of that matter after the low blow. And like that guy said it didn't lead to a pin so it's just Lesnar being the heel during the match. He still made Triple H tap for the win
>>
>>1853096
???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOmZodXluEs#t=26m42

"and the referee Armstrong is thinking about it"

and you can hear Heyman yelling at him saying "HE WANTED A FIGHT"
>>
>>1853132
Lesnar needed a low blow both times (except the second low blow was from Heyman, in the cage match) to beat HHH, which did absolutely nothing for him considering he was beating the fuck out of Cena and only lost because he got too cocky. He was booked horribly and this feud was a major reason why people stopped caring about him
>>
>>1852843
This but much of the blame is on Vince for having Daniel Bryan in the rumble and also having him eliminated so early. What the fuck was he thinking? Heyman explains it well here

https://youtu.be/M-TdHY75FY4
>>
>>1853144
yes because Triple H told the ref before the match it was a no dq and not to stop the match for things like that ya dumbass
>>
>>1853151
the low blow at Summerslam did not lead to a pin dickhead. It came 6 minute before the end of the match. Seriously you idiots need to watch the match again.
>>
>>1853176
see
>>1853151

>>1853178
So? He still needed to use a low blow to get an advantage on HHH in the first match after beating the fuck out of Cena for 15 minutes and having him beat multiple times. And in the second match, he needed a low blow and a distraction to win. Once again, none of this did him any favors
>>
>>1853183
It still doesn't count a tainted win dumbass. No dq means anything goes and Triple H was not beaten by it regardless. It still fought on afterwards but tapped out to the Kimura. It's Face and Heel tactics that's all. You forgetting Triple H hit a low blow at Wrestlemania in return when he won? Doesn't mean he win dirty either. It was just part of the ruthlessness of the whole storyline. And yes Brock should have been booked better in his first year back we all know that. But he still played the monster heel role and it had no bearing in him beating the streak as Taker wanted it ended by him years before when he showed up to UFC to challenge Brock.
>>
>>1853183
CM Punk and Taker both low blowed Lesnar in their matches? Did it taint their performances? No
>>
>>1853198
Also Dean did as well multiple times
>>
>>1853195
>You forgetting Triple H hit a low blow at Wrestlemania in return when he won

Yes actually I am because that match was boring as fuck

And I don't think you get what I'm saying. Him going from beating up Cena for fifteen minutes straight which at that time was unheard of and only losing off of luck, to him having to use Heyman to beat HHH the second time hurt him. Call the first win whatever you want, but the second one was definitely lame and why I called him damaged goods in the OP. I think we can both agree that feud went about 3 months and 2 matches too long
>>
>>1853198
>>1853201
Cm Punk and Dean were both the underdogs who were going to do anything to win vs Lesnar. Taker low blowing him (multiple times kek) can be made sense by how angry he would be at the streak ending

I get that Lesnar was the heel in the HHH feud but he was supposed to be the monster badass heel aka what he was post WM30. I don't ever remember seeing 1997-98 Kane for example low blowing someone to get an advantage
>>
>>1853204
Yeah it was because of his shitty work schedule and Triple H needing his ego stroked. You have the top baby face being dominated and barely walking away from the match with Lesnar then after you have Triple H a part timer putting up a better fight just shows the ego on the guy. Same thing happened with the whole Summer of Punk shit. He should have been booked better but I didn't expect WWE to do it especially these days with the joke writing team they have
>>
>>1853213
Sorry for being a bit of a dick dude, you have valid points either if we disagree about some stuff
>>
>>1853214
>>1853216
it's just 4chan m8 I wasn't offended

and yes I think it was definitely a HHH ego thing. Wasted almost a year of Lesnars contract on that feud, imagine all the possible feuds we could have gotten instead.
>>
>>1857016

>being this obsessed with such a forced meme

are you that kid who posted his facebook the other day and turned out being an underaged memeloving autist?
>>
>>1852888
Is there sauce on that? Because I don't believe that for one minute.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.