[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any martial artists and fighters ever get grief on the streets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 20130314123417_IMG_3791.jpg (57KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
20130314123417_IMG_3791.jpg
57KB, 600x400px
Any martial artists and fighters ever get grief on the streets from people? What are the subtle differences between us and normies?

As in mannerisms, I'm polite and always stay out of the way but people come up to me whenever i go out and say i look like i know how to fight, some friendly some testy. What i want to know is how tf people spot trained fighters when we look like normal people.
>>
One day you'll look back on this post and cringe OP.

Stop trying to get validation from strangers on the internet
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 500x332px
I wear one of these and a Gracie Academy shirt so people know I train, and people don't bother me
>>
>>1852580
It's all about your killing intention and the aura you're exuding.
>>
>>1852580
Ears. If you didn't know that, then you are certainly not one of us.

>>1852594
Probably because they think you have autism
>>
>>1856462
Only do boxing
>>
>>1856462
>Ears
This. Possibly having a thick neck and facial scars, but let's be honest OP, you seek this kind of attention and feel happy whenever you get it.
>>
File: 59413111[1].jpg (229KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
59413111[1].jpg
229KB, 500x544px
>>1856462
>>1858402
>The cauliflower meme

OP, the real answer was studied some time ago by psychologists using prisoners and asking who they would pick to rob if they were given the chance. They were shown some recordings of people walking, and the reason given was noted. Then they studied what the potential victims shared in common, both in responses and the video.

And for the most part, is neither the clothes or physical appearance, although scars played a minor role (that include cauliflower ears), which was minimized to almost irrelevancy when the people were in dark areas, which is the favourite place to rob people, like dark alleys and stuff.

The real answer was much more simple: body language. Walking with confidence, displaying awareness of the area, fast reflexes and such were the key. They were more likely to try to rob someone who was evidently scared or oblivious to his surroundings than approaching a guy who displayed rapid reflexes and was more likely to fight, even if they were armed.

I know this will sound like material for a cringe thread, but I had similar experiences. The first time I was assaulted, I was kind of feeling down because personal reasons, and some other time I was being followed by a thug, which I scared just by turning around and looking straight at him. Not "come at me" as some sort of Bruce Lee wannabe, just like a casual "what's up". He was arrested some days later, that's how I knew (or suspect) his intentions.
>>
Oh, I forgot to add this:

http://www.isciencetimes.com/articles/6284/20131107/walk-risk-mug-confident-stride-robbery-psychopath-self-defense.htm
>Believe it or not, there's a body of research out there about ways not to get mugged. If you want to avoid being mugged in the first place, self-defense classes won't help you; it's all about your swagger.
>>
I dunno about grapplers but as a striker(muay thai and boxing), people notice that you're "twitchier" than normal. Something about reacting to being surprised by bringing up both hands to chest level and slipping is going to ring obvious bells of this guy knows how to fight.
>>
>>1860768
Wtf are you talking about you autistic, if someone surprises me I don't start trying to slip punches
>>
>>1860605
>citation needed
>because you're almost certainly just making shit up
>>
>>1860669
and here's the citation right here

i'd still argue that the perpetrator's confidence level has more to do with it than anything. the study with the cons is no good because you have guys who have to pretend to be tough and no guarantee of an honest answer. plus watching a video is quite a bit different from actually robbing a person so whether or not a convict claims he'll rob you based on a videotape of you means nothing in practical terms

honestly it's mostly whether the mugger has a weapon, what weapon it is, if he has backup, and how likely he is to be caught

swagger is a nice idea, but to self-help
>>
>>1852580
Well, the guy in the picture has the skull proportions of a neanderthal, something common among your kind.
>>
>>1852594
I want one of those belts so I can advertise to everyone and shout from the roof tops
I HAVE A HOBBY AND I'M NOT PARTICULARLY GOOD AT IT!!!
>>
The only grief is that my friends/brother always bring up that I wrestle so I get random people trying to wrestle me
>>
>>1864612
>Things that never happened.
>>
>>1856337
this

there are certain people that just attract fights more
>>
>>1852580
>be me
>wwe fag who enjoys the technical aspects of MMA.
>watches enough MMA to be able to learn moves just like I did the figure four as a kid
>drunk dude comes up to me as my friends and I waited for a show to start.
>pushes me
>I'm high so I scan my mind to make sure he isn't someone I actually know
>realize it's some rando drunk homo challenging me
>I push the shit out of the dude and he flies back like 10 feet
>recall Eddie Alvarez beating up noob
>SUPER SAIYAN MODE
>Put him in Peruvian Neck Tie
>Security kicks the dude out and apologizes to me
>Everyone thinks I'm some Black Belt Brazialian jujitsu fighter
>get my dick sucked in the bathroom by two thots who were standing behind me.

Yeah I get some grief sometimes for just minding my own business. It's never people that actually know how to fight that do that though.
>>
>>1852580
Stop caring your katana in public faggot
>>
>>1868960
Absolutely delusional
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.