[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dave Meltzer on Hulk Hogan's drawing power >Hogan was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Hogan_Austin-bell.jpg (35KB, 670x409px) Image search: [Google]
Hogan_Austin-bell.jpg
35KB, 670x409px
Dave Meltzer on Hulk Hogan's drawing power

>Hogan was a big draw for more years than Austin. But Austin's grosses were so huge that his few years were bigger than all of Hogan's put together. The profit margin in Austin's best year was more than the total profit margin, in fact, significantly more, between 1984 and 1992, which was the entire Hogan WWE era. Just so this isn't misinterpreted. WWF profits from 1984-92 were about $40-45 million total. Best single year was $6 million. Profits were never less than $56 million each year from 98-99 through 00-01.

>Hogan's coming didn't turn WCW around. Nitro did and a roster that had more star power than any roster in history. In WCW's best year and hottest period, Goldberg was the draw. When WCW was doing those 30,000 fan Nitros, Hogan was doing one of his retirements and the company was doing its biggest house show business ever without him.

>Hogan didn't draw that well at house shows in WCW until the entire company itself was on fire, and then they were drawing with him and without him. Hogan was never close to the man when it came to WCW's big period of ratings. Goldberg and Flair moved the audience the most consistently. Hogan was good, but he was second tier with Savage.

>In WWE, his first 2-3 PPVs and first TV appearances did great for the nostalgic return. Check the ratings that year. They died after a while. I remember the week, there was a Hogan interview shortly after he'd won the title where the audience tuned out in droves. They had to get the belt from him.

It's no mystery why Hogan refused to put over Austin at WM 18 desu
>>
File: Yawning[1].jpg (19KB, 368x350px) Image search: [Google]
Yawning[1].jpg
19KB, 368x350px
nah, not interested in discussing this again so soon

use the archive
>>
>>1852399
sorry I will start a CM Punk thread next time
>>
File: 1473933345460.jpg (75KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1473933345460.jpg
75KB, 900x675px
> le meltz

> it was Hogan who didn't want to face Austin
Lmao nice revisionism austincuck
It was Stone Cuck who didn't want to because he knew he would get booed the fuck out the arena.
>>
>>1852428
This

Stone cold has changed his story about this several times. He can't stick to the same lie cause he can't remember what he lied about
>>
who was the bigger heat mizer (or heat usurper if you will) --- hogan or HHH?

even tho hootie had a big enough head to feel like the center of the wrestling universe more often than not, i still gotta give it to HHH cuz the way that the guy inserts himself into hot feuds/angles nowadays is 2nd to none.

remember the summer of punk? who was literally lifting up his hand as he beat john cena? seth rollins has a wonderful 2015 as WWE champion? who's gonna end up being seth's final boss at mania 2017? OMFG WWE FINALLY GOT STING?!?! you know who he got fed to. hell, even when daniel bryan was en route to his bigtime wrestlemania moment don't forget who he had to face earlier that night as a veritable gatekeeper to the main event?

you gotta give HHH credit: he might not have been the most gifted worked; he definitely wasn't the prettiest dude around; but at the end of the day i'll be damned if that dude didn't put in WORK to be/come the center of the WWE universe for a good chunk (majority?) of the 21st century...

...and now many people see him as our savior because he made sure to let ir be known that NXT is his baby and therefore when it's "the best product that vince puts out" you know who's gonna be there mugging for the camera and making sure that nothing big/popular/best-in-the-business can do its thing without triple H right there holding its hand up like "WE DID IT!" (just like he did with CM Punk at the height of his popularity)
>>
>>1852428
>Austin giving a shit about getting booed in Canada

dumb hatposter
>>
>>1852394
Didn't this nigga just say Konnan was the biggest draw of the 90s?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.