[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In hindsight, was the Undertaker actually that good? >never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

File: the-undertaker-2013-hd-wallpaper.jpg (956KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
the-undertaker-2013-hd-wallpaper.jpg
956KB, 2560x1920px
In hindsight, was the Undertaker actually that good?

>never the guy
>when they needed a draw in 96-97 against the nWo, he couldn't cut it just like Shawn and Bret couldn't.
>didn't really have good matches until 2006+
>hasn't ever cut a memorable promo
>barely ever in the main title picture because he was never a big enough deal
>when he was allowed to be himself as Biker taker he was shit
>Even during his streak of good wrestlemania matches, he was carried by guys like HBK, Punk and Edge
>Was lucky enough that they accidently booked his wrestlemania streak to give him something that was actually interesting.

Obviously his service to the business can't be ignored and he is a legend but really, Taketty is just a footnote, right?
>>
The Undercarder was always shit
His entrance, 99 per cent of his matches, his taste in whiskey, his hair colour, his retarded gimmick. All absolute gutter shit
>>
>>1841655
>The Undercarder
I love Taker but this made me laugh.
>>
>>1841622
He was never great in-ring by normal standards, it's just by the time he reached his prime he had a storied enough history with the company to invest everything greatly in anything he did.
He was god-tier for his size, though.
>>
I'll always respect him for staying loyal to WWF when everyone else was taking that Turner cash
>>
He was in a lot of matches and promos that sucked, but he had a ton of excellent matches out of his Wrestlemania streak, and whether he "deserved those" or "got lucky", it's pretty irrelevant, really.

I have no interest in him any longer, though.
>>
Undercarder is a midcard jobber that has never drawn a dime in a 25 year career
>>
why did vince keep him around and pay him millions and push him if he never drawed one dime?
>>
>>1841698
No one drew dimes according to /asp/
>>
>>1841698
one of the only guys who stayed in the 90s because he was loyal rather than because he was champ (HBK) or a jobber
>>
>>1841681
I went to WM23 for him... so he drew some dimes from me.
>>
>>1841707
You went for Batista
>>
>>1841622
NWO/Hulk turning heel was the biggest thing in wrestling history. If you'd had Austin 3 years earlier it still wouldn't have beaten NWO, which was playing off of 15 years of wrestling goodwill at that point.
>>
Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels in 1997 was the last 5-stars match in WWF/E until 2011.

The Ministry of Darkness, his feud with Kane, his Hell in a Cell matches with georgeus spots...

The Streak begun to be a serious thing in Wrestlemania 23, when he won the WHC after being the Royal Rumble 2007 winner and have an memorable feud with Batista.

After that match, a Based feud with Edge, WM 24 Main Event and WHC again, another based feud versus Shawn Michaels, and two memorable matches versus Triple H.

Taker has probably one of the best careers in wrestling history
>>
You realize it's because taker never wanted to be the guy right ? He was content putting over younger talent and fucking his 10/10 wife.
>>
>>1841709
>B-show Dave
>draw
>>
>>1841745
>You realize it's because taker never wanted to be the guy right
standard response of people who couldn't draw
>>
>highest buyrate of a non WrestleMania in WWE
>highest rated segment in RAW history
>biggest ratings gainer of the later 2000s.
Taker was a draw.
>>
File: takeretty.png (16KB, 613x169px) Image search: [Google]
takeretty.png
16KB, 613x169px
You know it's bad when even le meltz btfos you
>>
>>1841752
Literally all stone cold Steve Austin
>>
In hindsight, coming to /asp/ was a mistake
>>
>>1841770
>the top 100
Damn, Taketty not even up with the Austin's and the Cena's but down with the Scott Halls and the Matt Hardys
>>
>>1841801

all time means all time not the last 20 years

going back to frank gotch and shit

Meltzer put Taker as 6 on all time WWE draws above Austin due to longevity

but Melzter always had a fucked up way of calculating stuff anyway
>>
>>1841778

So why did Austin's highest rated stuff come against Taker and not Rock or HHH?
>>
>>1841778
>Later 2000s
>Stone Cold.
I'll have what he's having.
>>
File: Kanepose.png (139KB, 276x266px) Image search: [Google]
Kanepose.png
139KB, 276x266px
>>1841622

I prefer Kane, more interesting overall. Biker Taker is better than corporate Kane though. Kane in the mask is where it's at.
>>
>>1841698
Taker is pretty much the only WWF guy to never even think of straying during the rating wars. He was a WWF guy, and that's all there is to it. Vince never forgot that.
>>
>>1841831

Ironic that the streak was ended by a disloyal mercenary. Brock would wrestle for anyone if they cut a big enough check. They should have Brock get hurt and assume a supernatural gimmick.
>>
>>1841698
Something something ring general something something locker room leader
>>
>>1841622

Watching 97 RAW, he really seemed to be floundering when compared to Austin, HBK, and the Hart Foundation. Sid disappearing, having bad matches, and a kinda feud with The Nation of Domination that went nowhere. There was no surprise when they took the belt off him. It's been nice to see the development of Kane's debut, though.
>>
>>1841622
so is he done for good?
>>
>>1841845

I agree the Austin/Shawn/Bret stuff was more entertaining than his title reign

But 97 was arguably his best year for in ring stuff
Two great HBK matches, Bret in UK, good stuff with Austin, Mankind and Vader
>>
>Never the guy
>Never drew a dime
>Never had a good match before 2006 and even then was carried by vastly superior workers
>Never cut a memorable promo
>Never put anyone over
>Never had the balls to step out his WWF comfort even when Ted Turner threw millions at him
>Main evented the lowest drawing Wrestlemania of the '90s
>Main evented the lowest drawing Wrestlemania of the '10s
>Was barely ever in the main title picture because he was never a big enough deal
>Only the 2nd best member of The Brothers of Destruction
>Only the 4th best member of The Ministry
>Only the 8th best member of The Corporate Ministry
>His backstage clique "The Bone Street Krew" was utterly BTFO by The Kliq and achieved nothing notable except inflicting Savio Vega on us
>His biker cosplay was cringeworthy
>His MMA cosplay was cringeworthy
>Unironically calls himself """"""""DA BEST PURE STRIKER IN DA WWE""""""""
>Shit taste in whiskey
>Shit hairline
>Has his ex wife's tattooed on his neck
>Failed at his first marriage so badly that he resorted to marrying an anorexic bimbo
>Only significant achievement was accidently being booked to have a Wrestlemania streak
>Is the wrestling equivalent of that one insufferably mediocre middle manager whose sole professional """""""achievement"""""" is staying in the same shitty job for 25 years

Anything I've missed?
>>
>>1841881
>Tanked the king of the ring 2002 buyrate so hard as champion that the PPV got cancelled
>>
File: laurinaitis.jpg (40KB, 686x384px) Image search: [Google]
laurinaitis.jpg
40KB, 686x384px
>>1841893
>>
>>1841737

This.

I remember the Ministy being a really cool thing when I was a teen and it was all going on.
>>
>>1841655
>Undercarder
Thank you
>>
Yes, because despite what shit this board spouts 24/7, he's still in everyones top 10 favorites.
Even yours, you just don't know it yet.
>>
>>1841622
Based Undertaker working the faggots here
>>
>>1841701
/thread
>>
Mark is shit
>>
>>1841622

have sex
>>
>>1841701
Pretty much.
>>
>>1842032
They know, anon, they know.
>>
>>1841622
Dude has been WWE's dark horse for 26 years.
>>
>>1842032
Undertaker wouldn't even crack my Top 10 WWE Faves let alone Top 10 overall.
>>
>>1842489
Gain height
>>
>>1841622
Big Evil was GOAT you pleb
>>
>>1842564
>outlaw wrestling
Opinion discarded
>>
>>1841622
he is known by koreans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_wPke0b2lI
>>
>>1842749
are koreans dumb? why they laugh all time?
>>
>>1842742
>/wwe/ babby

Also: Undertaker wrestled on a Michinoku Pro show in 1997.

I guess he's an "outlaw" now, right?
>>
>>1841737
His feud with edge was God teir desu. That's what kept me watching smackdown every week back in middle school.

And then my fucking friend pussied out and didn't split the cost of WM with me so I didn't get to see the final match where like a fucking years worth of gorgeous heel heat culminated in edge getting choke slammed through the ring (into hell).
>>
>>1842752
AIGOO anon-kun.

why you not have new korean wrestlefu?
>>
>>1842756
do asians have soul?
>>
>>1842758
nope
>>
>>1842758
South Korea has Seoul.
>>
File: black pizza.gif (1MB, 392x400px) Image search: [Google]
black pizza.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>1842763
>>
>>1842758
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edAd67C4L80

all white people look alike
>>
>>1842770
at least we arent this fucking ugly
>>
besides the mick foley hell in a cell fight, whats Undertakers best match?
>>
I dont really care did he draw or not, you could count on him to give everything he had when he stepped into the ring. Every damn time.

He could have easily been the top guy from the late 90s all the way to late 2000s. Instead he decided to put younger talents over, look what happened.

>Lesnar got even more over then he was back in early 2000 by breaking takers hand
>That ladder match with Jeff Hardy pretty much cemented him as a legit singles competitor

Those are just a few. I guess what im trying to say that he was really needed in the company and the company really needs more guys like him. He created draws
>>
>>1842781
lol that is not even close to his best match

It's not even his best HIAC!

>vs. Angle @ No Way Out 2006
>>
>>1842783
Jeff was fired within a year of that Ladder Match.
>>
>>1842788

He came back and i dont recall him having too many tag matches after the ladder match. I can be wrong, after all it was like 10 years ago
>>
File: 2007.jpg (82KB, 864x485px) Image search: [Google]
2007.jpg
82KB, 864x485px
>>1842805
>and i dont recall him having too many tag matches after the ladder match.
>>
>>1841770

who the fuck is Londos?

literally fucking who?
>>
>>1842827
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Londos&l=1
>>
>>1841770
he'd give the same answer about Cena as well
btfo my ass
>>1841778
so why didn't Austin do that with other guys but with Taker?
>>1841681
headlined quite a lot of events and won a lot of matches for a "midcard jobber"
>>
>>1841737
Best Biker Taker. Good promos. Moved better. Better when he turned heel. Beatdowns of Arn Anderson and David Flair. Dragging Hogan like roadkill.
>>
His feud with Brock was the last time Lesnar made an effort in the ring.
>>
>>1843357
Maybe he'll try for Goldberg.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.