[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>most over guy in wrestling right now >biggest draw in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

File: MAAT.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
MAAT.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>most over guy in wrestling right now
>biggest draw in wrestling right now
>got himself over
>got his embarrassing brother over
>got his infant child over
>got a drone over
>pretty much had full creative control

Is time to just let Matt book the entire show?
before you claim he's not a draw, think about how many people actually watched a TNA PPV just to see his match.
>>
>>1840891
No because hardyizing everything would make hardy less special
>>
Nothing in TNA is over. TNA has 80 hardcore fans and 250 tourists.

Stop being a retard and stop overrating this idiot. Shite gimmicks like this are possible because of the fact nothing in TNA matters. They got no sponsers, advertisers, or share holders to answer to.
>>
>biggest draw in wrestling right now

Where are those 9.5 ratings?
>>
>>1840892
I don't mean just letting him turn the entire promotion into hardy stuff, but he struck gold once, why not let him try again with other people's directions?
>>
>>1840891

Making it all about the Hardyz would be NWOWCW all over again.
>>
>>1840891
How many people was it, anon? You got the numbers?
>>
This is what happens when you let wrestlers have more creative control over their characters.

It may turn shit in many cases, yes, but when it goes right it's fucking GOLD
>>
>>1840894
If you're going to sit here online and tell me that Matt and Jeff wouldn't get the biggest pop from a WWE crowd all year if they debuted next week you're lying to me and to yourself.

This gimmick was so successful at making people care about a facet of TNA that Vince and friends tried ripping it off. Name ONE time since TNA started existing that Vince tried to rip off TNA.

>>1840899
Compareitively
>>
I'LL FADE AWAY AND CLASSIFY MYSELF AS OBSOLET-AHH
>>
>>1840909
>Matt and Jeff wouldn't get the biggest pop from a WWE crowd all year if they debuted next week you're lying to me and to yourself.

AJ's Rumble pop
>>
>>1840909
They would get a huge pop just because they are Mutt and Jeff Hardy and nostalgia
>>
>>1840909
>that Matt and Jeff wouldn't get the biggest pop from a WWE crowd all year if they debuted next week you're lying to me and to yourself.
Kek.

Maybe Jeff.

Matt would have 5 people chanting DELETE like retards and he would become irrelevant again.
>>
>>1840905
I personally know about 70 people who PURCHASED it, and then there were people here, on wrestling tumblr, etc livestreaming it.

Even just counting the people I personally know who purchased it I think it's the biggest number of buys TNA has done in many years.

>>1840908
Exactly.

I never thought that I when I started watching wrestling I would unironically say and mean that Matt Hardy is my favorite wrestler.
>>
I'd rather watch Matt Hardy throw fireballs at people any day of the week than another feud between Generic Face #25346 and Generic Heel #2125 who's main motivations are IM BETTER THAN YOU ARE
>>
>>1840916
>Your favorite wrestler is an out of shape fatass Matt screaming DELETE every second and saying the most random stupid shit that comes to his mind.

ok.
>>
>>1840912
Got me there. Depends on where they debuted. If they debut them in Chicago on the 26th or 27th (I'l be there btw praying they do) (chicago is smark city) it'll be nuts. Delete chants bringing down the house.

>>1840913
Pop from casuals and a pop from internet fans

>>1840915
Perhaps he would become.... obsolete
>>
>>1840923
>muh shape
>muh weight

hi vince

>>1840922
Yup, pretty much. You guys who are all clamoring for TV 14 back forget how much stupid shit used to happen. Mai Young giving brith to a hand? Infinitely worse than anything Matt and Jeff are doing (which is obviously pretty tongue in cheek).
>>
It helps that Matt is turning into the internet's favorite bad acting meme Nic Cage.
>>
>hHAHAHHA DELETE XDDD
>OBSOLETE :D
>BROTHA NEROOO :D
>HAHA DUDE HARDY LMAO XD
Fuck all of you dumb fucking redditors, shit like this is the reason the business is in the state it is.

Despite that, you fucking dumb smarks eat it all up.

When Big Sexy and the bad guy revolutionised the business they did it for the casual audience and guys like audience, not meme spouting fat smarks like you #BROKENXDD fans

Embarrassing.
>>
>>1840923
Not that guy, but who's your favourite wrestler, anon?

You guys are acting like wrestling should be super serious at all times and imitate a "sport". Wrestling always had over the top storylines and gimmick, some of them being totally retarded or just silly but some STILL managed to work, just because people liked it.

Solid examples would be Taker and Kane, for example.
>>
>>1840944
>shit like this is the reason the business is in the state it is.
LOL

Wrestling has been dead for 15 years
>>
>>1840945
>Solid examples would be Taker and Kane, for example.

Haha fucking no.

Taker and Kane were silly because for a fact they aren't """real""" but they acted serious most(emphasis on most) of the time and it worked.
You never saw Taker going around and screaming REST IN PEACE REST IN PEACE each second with a high pitched voice and weird accent.

Broken Matt is a straight up comedy character.

And those have a really hard time at being something more than..well..comedy characters.
>>
>>1840944
Horrible post,

not memeing

genuinely think the delete angle is entertaining. Because it is.
>>
>>1840949
You just don't get it anon, I suggest you revisit the Broken Brilliance of Matt Hardy when you're a bit older and have more life experience. I'm being 100% sincere, not sarcastic or trying to insult you.
>>
>>1840945
My favorite wrestler is Roman reigns because real man is big and handsome like him. No one is stronger than my king, he can beat everyone including Putin's bodyguard. And also because wwe wants me to like him
>>
>>1840949
Because that wasn't his gimmick.

Matt's gimmick is kind of being a leader, a guidance to the uneducated masses who should follow him or get deleted. Kind of Brayy done in a more comedic way.

I wasn't also speaking about just the comedy thing. The fact that the gimmicks at core are silly, Kane being a demon and being able to summon fire at will (ringposts for example), Taker being able to come back from the dead. Sure it's fantasy shit but done more seriously.

Serious question now. Can you actually enjoy comedy gimmicks, or do you want your wrestling to be 100% serious at all times?
>>
>>1840891
no one watched the ppv. everyone just watched the Hardys match on the youtube
>>
>>1840960
>Can you actually enjoy comedy gimmicks

Most of the time no, and neither does the casual viewer (not that it matters that much to me).

When i saw what this Grado was all about and why were people hyping him up i lost faith in this business.
>>
>>1840960
Remember that ol Dean Ambrose ''wrestling is fun'' meme? Hardy's reminding us what is possible, frankly, not WWE's out-of-touch charmless attempts at pseudo-sport entertainment which appeals to nobody on Earth except brand name fetishists.
>>
>>1840964
Wow you are a colossal faggot LMAO

I bet you like serious cartoons
>>
File: 5252442443623.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5252442443623.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>1840970
>Look at me HOW COOL I AM I LIKE NON-SERIOUS/CHILDISH/SO BAD ITS SO GOOD STUFF LOOK AT ME XDDD

You are the same as the edgy fags screaming

>muh video games movies wrestling sports are for kids GROW UP

Fucking faggots,all of you.
>>
>>1840960

The answer is no, stamford wives don't like anything unless it is wwe. They will over look how stupid the rock sounds talking in the 3rd person, how they idolize a drunk wife beating red neck, or "never on my life" for a wrestling zombie. Basically these are old, over weight smarks who need to find a new hobby
>>
>>1840973
So what in FAKE FIGHTING do you find so serious and compelling, grown up and adult? Because you are a fucking clown and there's no fucking answer so if I were you I'd just respond with some dumb meme. This entire business is fucking retarded and you're literally too self righteous to understand why people are interested in the Broken Matt Hardy gimmick, you're the epitome of an angry-for-no-reason 19 year old edgelord.
>>
>>1840973

You are literally autistic if you demand that entertainment geared towards children should be completely serious.
>>
>>1840891
I'LL FADE AWAY AND CLASSIFY MYSELF AS OBSOLETE
>>
>>1840978
Yea i forgot about how there are only two extremes in the world.

Completly serious and completly retarded
>>
>>1840985
You have 100 years of professional wrestling to pick and choose your platonic ideal, go ahead Mr. Black, what's the perfect balance?
>>
>>1840944
SEETHING
>>
>>1840989
1998/1999
>>
>REEEEEEEEE I HATE FUN PLEASE GIVE ME MORE GENERIC CHARACTERS RIGHT NOW

this fucking thread
>>
>>1840985

Then tell me your ideal wrestler. Because i have already told you ehat I think about the draws from the AE. What you cannot get through your thick skull is that you were much younger (or most likely not even born) so you were willing to over look these things
>>
File: outsiders.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
outsiders.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>1840997
Look, you dumb mark - these guys are wrestlers

>cool
>badass
>work smarks

Matt Hardy is a carny
>>
>>1840992
There was so much cartoonish bullshit during 98-99 that I'm wondering if you actually watched it or just watched Austin youtube clips. But thanks for your answer, seriously.
>>
>>1841003
But they weren't the main focus on the show.
>>
>>1841001
> midcard 4 life and the worst drawing champ of all time
> 40 year old white men wearing doo rags
> cool
> bad ass
Kek
>>
He is not a star. He is a meme, that gets milked until it's irrelevant again, just like Harambe will.
>>
>>1841008
Well you have a point there, but it sounded like you were against the basic premise and reality of the Broken Matt storyline, not where it's placed in the show.

What else is generating ANY attention from TNA outside of their ''who is buying us now'' drama
>>
>>1841012
delete this
>>
>>1841015
Well they have huge potential in EC3 Lashley or Moose.
>>
>>1840910
I'LL FADE AWAY AND CLASSIFY MYSELF AS OBSOLETE
>>
>>1841018
The crowd was so bored, with the EC3 and Lashley Main Event.

Moose could become a star though.
>>
>>1840944
Autistic comment from a retard
>>
>>1841013
so what you're saying is, he's gonna fade away and classify himself as obsolete?
>>
>>1840949
Broken Matt is not a serious character, retard
You probably think that the New Day is more serious than Triple H
>>
>>1841047
>still not getting it

Stick to WWE
>>
people here want to ignore that on live TV WWE ran a serious segment that involved mai young giving birth to a human hand and had a literal midget be the son of vince meekman
>>
>>1840992
Top kek
Gain height, seriously
>>
>>1841053
>SEETHING
Give actual facts, kiddo. I'm waiting.
>>
>>1841071
This is a post-character era we are living in. The Hardy's are tongue-in-cheek, they are fully self-aware, things wrestlers in WWE are rarely allowed or even able to be. It doesn't matter what your character is, because everybody knows you're playing one.

If you're so pure of heart that you're looking at pro wrestling's face value and not looking deeper, then I am genuinely jealous of your innocence anon.
>>
File: l.jpg (36KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
36KB, 600x450px
>>1841071
> le seething
>>
>>1841089
>he doesn't know how to meme
18+ kiddo
>>
>>1841089
>>1841094
Has 4chan always been like this? After memes became popular in 2011, every single post on 4chan is a goddamn meme
>>
File: brokenfam.jpg (63KB, 640x581px) Image search: [Google]
brokenfam.jpg
63KB, 640x581px
Broken Matt Hardy is great and he's my favorite wrestler to watch right now. But I don't even know economics yet it seems we shouldn't overexert his capital on things he has no experience in when he's doing fine as is. Just let him keep doing his own thing because he does it well.
>>
>>1840908
Not every wrestler is creative. Jeff Hardy and Matt are very creative. But please look at Damien Sandow and how shit he is without a WWE script
>>
>>1840891
>pretty much had full creative control

Suggested addendum:

>did not use creative control to force himself into the main event or hold other talent down

B A S E D
>>
>>1841424

this. reminder final deletion was a mid card fued and the great war just served to elevate the tag titles.
>>
>>1840891
best thing about it
>done it in TNA, a company that not only is nearly bankrupt but no one cares about
>singlehandedly made an entire company relevant
>>
>>1840909
>tried ripping off

Bray Wyatt and the weird Wyatt shit was a thing before the Broken Matt meme.
>>
>>1841100
18+ kiddo
>>
File: Matt-Hardy-Hair.png (310KB, 645x366px) Image search: [Google]
Matt-Hardy-Hair.png
310KB, 645x366px
>tfw WWE buys the TNA tape library
>tfw WWE owns the Final Deletion.
>>
life never gets better. i feel like going to sleep and never waking up
>>
>>1840908
This. Especially when it comes to mic work, if you've got a talented guy that knows how to let loose then all you've gotta do is sit back and rake in all the cash he draws
>>
File: mjl.gif (930KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mjl.gif
930KB, 320x240px
>>1840891

>Biggest draw in wrestling

>TNAwful
>>
>>1841954

Cheer up lad.
>>
Roman dog big beats jon
>>
WWE missed a big opportunity and that's Matt Hardy.Now they're signing charisma and mic skill vaccums,because they're apparently flippy shit and that's "marketable" according to some people.
>>
File: image.png (203KB, 518x308px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
203KB, 518x308px
>>1840973
You sound like you're 12 years old.
>>
>>1840964
>the casual viewer doesn't like comedy gimmicks

You are more out of touch than Vince.

Mostly everything that is over with the casual viewer is comidic

>new day
>KO Jericho best friends, the list of Jerico, feuding with that 70's show
>even shemus Cesaro were dead in the water until they became odd couple buddy comedy

Casuals are bored of super serious tough guy #13876443

People want larger than life wrestling characters that push conventional boundaries.
>>
To be fair it got me to watch Bound For Glory. I'm never gonna watch TNA again unless Big Tunes Billy buys it.
>>
>>1840949
>You never saw Taker going around and screaming REST IN PEACE REST IN PEACE each second with a high pitched voice and weird accent.

He had Paul Bearer to do that for him.
>>
Chris Jericho got the word "it" over.
>>
>>1840891
i legit hated the hardy's but this dude done good
>>
>>1840916
I doubt you know 70 wrestling fans irl.
I live in NY and i only know of 20 people if that who watch wrestling still.
None of them bought the tna ppv
Most dont even know the broken saga. And the two that do refuse to watch it because to them thats not what wrestling is.
I enjoyed the ride but im calling your bullshit.
On top of that i think you dont know 70 people personally period.
>tldr: You're like me before i finished this bowel movement on the toliet
>>
File: 1469618615129.jpg (83KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469618615129.jpg
83KB, 600x800px
This proves that /asp/ is literally all underage faggots.

Like, holy shit. This meme culture thing is fucking cancer. Hardy was and is a fucking terrible wrestler. Admit you like juvenile humor and memes more than you do wrestling and move on, you prepubescent fucks.

Because twenty more people tuned in to watch the complete shitshow that is TNA doesn't mean Matt Hardy is anything more than he ever was, a garbage wrestler who is now in his late age, having to resort to making fun of himself and wrestling as a whole to get a modicum of attention from braindead children who post Harambe memes on a regular.

Kill yourself.
>>
Is Matt Hardy white?
>>
Anyone else love how they've incorporated a piano version of Matt's Version 1 theme into his entrances? It's fucking great.
>>
>>1844606
OK so you like your fake wrestling more serious? Why are you so infuriated, it's not any more ridiculous than what wwe is putting out with guys wearing unicorn horns prancing around
>>
>>1841916
Wyatt's were never broken. Harper and Rowan were pretty much born into the Wyatt Family gimmick

Plus there was hardly a Wyatt 'compound' as much as there was random shots of backwoods Louisiana with a copper color filter on them.

It was only after The Final Deletion was advertised that Bray started copying Broken Matt then cried on Twitter how he was the first.
>>
File: cruella_de_ville.jpg (23KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
cruella_de_ville.jpg
23KB, 300x271px
>>1840891
They should finally introduce his mother to the show...
>>
>>1841100
4chan was always a shithole filled with actual shut-ins and introverts, possibly actually autistic people.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.