[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, while the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_5402.jpg (78KB, 1310x873px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5402.jpg
78KB, 1310x873px
>According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, while the company outwardly talks like ratings are no longer a reliable metric, Vince McMahon was reportedly very upset with the September 27th record low Raw rating.
>The feeling in the TV industry was that the ratings that night did not matter, because everyone (including Monday Night Football) got destroyed in the ratings by the presidential debate. But WWE’s issue is that the overall Raw rating has fallen more than expected with the return of Monday Night Football, and that is with Monday Night Football ratings being down overall for the season.

>Raw dying a slow death
>Meekmahan literally SEETHING
>Will probably sabotage Smackdown to try and fail at making Raw look better
>>
>>1840718
>>Will probably sabotage Smackdown to try and fail at making Raw look better

There is no Smackdown audience. It's the same people who watch Raw. Slightly fewer people actually.
>>
I entirely blame the hack Seth Rollins. He is the one who is responsible for this mess.
>>
>>1840718
>Vince McMahon was reportedly very upset with the September 27th record low Raw rating.

he was so upset he put out another shit show the following Monday. WWE deserves the low ratings. fuck them.
>>
They need to bring back Big Ratings Russo.

Russo insanity is better than the bland shit they serve today.
>>
>>1840718
>Waste 30 minutes with a match that ends in a double count out
>Wonder why people are leaving
>>
His own problem is right under his nose, H and Steph are killing WWE for years. Raw is declined to the point where people have simply stopped watching or giving a shit about WWE. SmackDown offers some hope but it is only watched by a portion of Raw's audience who grew fewer in number.

They've failed to create any great iconic wrestlers in a long time and have become dependant on returning legends.
>>
>>1840718
C'mom Vince bring back TV-14

Tell USA to fuck off and shitty sponsors. You know you hate them, give the smarks what they really want.
>>
>>1840744
>His own problem is right under his nose

More like all around his nose. Its the fucking smarks that are the problem. Catering to them is the worst thing WWE ever did. Thank phil for starting this garbage with his so called pipebomb.
>>
>>1840748
>Tell USA to fuck off

USA would love if WWE stopped the PG bullshit
>>
>>1840755

granted catering to smarks is a bad idea, but WWE was complete garbage way before the pipebomb.
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (256KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
256KB, 1280x720px
Ratings have been on a consistent downward slope since the shieldettys came on the scene.
>>
>>1840767
WWE wasn't garbage before but uninteresting, however they knew what really mattered, which audience to cater to and didn't put too much emphasis on ring work.

Basically, they were on the right path atleast.
>>
>>1840755
>le smarks ruined the business >:(
Hey Vince!
>>
>>1840776
They did moron. Prove my statement wrong go ahead, post facts that prove smarks have been good for business.
>>
>>1840756
USA Network should have told them to go PG before Steph and Linda ruin the company much worse.

I have a feeling USA Network will cancel the WWE around next year the shit continues to persist.
>>
That's what happens when you make an obese manlet your champ
>>
>>1840779
>Vince wanted to push Haitch and Shawn
>Smarks wanted Smark ECW favourite Stunning Steve Austin in the main event
Who was right?
>>
>>1840787
>I have a feeling USA Network will cancel the WWE around next year

They have a contract running till 2019, for which they have already paid 50% of TV rights fees, if they cancel before that, they lose.
>>
>>1840789
Certainly not your ass.

Smarks didn't want Austin. They wanted Bret and HBK and later Rock and HHH.
>>
>>1840796
>Vince pick Roman wins at WM 32
>record low 2.9 rating for the raw after
>Smark picks Bryan and Rollins win
>3.7 ratings on the raw after
Who was right?
>>
>>1840772
Actually the ratings were on their continued very gradual drop while the shield was a thing and even slightly after. We had about three years of pretty stable similar ratings. The very fast current decent we're on picked up as Roman became the main face and everything became centered around him, especially as they increasingly focused all their efforts on getting him over as he was more and more rejected, and the creative direction for the rest of the show became a shitheap.
>>
>>1840779
How about when Daniel Bryan was the main face rating were stable and even picked up, and after he got injured and everything became about Roman is when they started dropping.
>>
>>1840799
Are we ignoring the fact WM 32 is the biggest record setting wrestlemania in WWE history?

Ratings were down for 2013 from the year before when Bryan was given the ball. Rollins is not even worth discussing.
>>
>>1840810
>Bryan was given the ball
>getting screwed in every title match from summerslam onwards is "getting the ball"
The only time he got the belt for more than a day was after Wrestlemania 30 and every segment he was in was the highest rated segment, even the ones with Kane
>>
>>1840807
>How about when Daniel Bryan was the main face rating were stable and even picked up

Utter nonsense. Vince had to break the damn streak of Undy to garner interest for the Network launch because he didn't have faith in Bryan. And sure enough, all of Bryan's PPV main events with Orton were a bust, not to mention Summerslam 2013's abysmal buyrate, yeah remember that event when Bryan went over Cena clean?
>>
>>1840727
>not blaming shitty writers and lack of direction
it'd be so much worse with out based seth wringing every last drop of good tv he can out of that particular stone
>>
>>1840817
blaming hacks for lack of charisma is just as valid.
>>
>>1840755
>catering to your hardcore fan base
yeah terrible idea. they should be shooting for that queer college educated women of color demographic i've been hearing so much about instead
>>
>>1840820
that's clearly not the case. half of lucha underground's roster is shitty wwe also-rans who mysteriously become amazing when they get on that show. it's the booking, stupid
>>
>>1840821
Cater to the fans that make you money and ignore the ones that don't. The principle is simple.

TNA, ROH, PWG, WCPW, NJPW etc...indy level promotions already exists to cater to "hardcore fanbase". Its not WWE's job to do so. WWE's purpose has always been to represent pro-wrestling in a mainstream capacity, and you can't do that by catering to hardcores.
>>
>>1840815
post proof considering there is actual proof that before WM 30 and after it, Bryan was the highest rated segment of every show.
>>
Bryan didn't draw shit in his initial push, but became a ratings and house show draw in 2015. It may not have lasted but that big win at Wrestlemania 30 seemed to push him over the top.

A win over Lesnar could have done the same for Roman but they choked.
>>
>>1840810
>Are we ignoring the fact WM 32 is the biggest record setting wrestlemania in WWE history?

You know that just makes Vince look worse, right?

>record setting pay per view preceded and followed by months of record low viewership
>>
>>1840827
>half of lucha underground's roster is shitty wwe also-rans who mysteriously become amazing when they get on that show

Do they? Last I checked they all become spot monkeys and redundant similar to each other's characters.
>>
>>1840820
This.

Charisma covers up bad writing.
>>
>>1840817
>>1840820
BTFO
Seth has no charisma lmao
>>
>>1840817
>based seth wringing every last drop of good tv he can out of that particular stone

That stone ran dry when the Shield split up.
They're all shit, Carter. Seth's the most boring of all three.
>>
>>1840837
haha i'd love for you to go into some specifics right now. tell me some redundant characters on lucha underground
>>
>>1840734
This. Although Russo is now working at Rocky Mountain Bro and they debut on TV this sunday so doubt he would even accept the offer.
>>
>>1840827
That's because all of those guys are better than Snooz Borrins
The writing elevates them, but they're still leagues ahead of that boring charisma vacuum
>>
File: 1475521382617.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1475521382617.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>1840755
Right, because there's no way WWE was bad before CM Punk.
>>
>>1840839
>Charisma covers up bad writing

That would be fine if anyone on the roster apart from Cena and AJ had any.

It's honestly a split if you really get down to it. The writing/booking for the last few years has been embarrassingly bad. But it also doesn't help your situation when 95% of your current talent can't cut a promo. Jericho and KO are the only people on RAW who should get more than 60 seconds on the mic.
>>
>>1840939
Enzo and Cass, my best friend.
>>
@1840943
8+
>>
>>1840943
I agree. Enzo has a lot of charisma, even when he's fucking up non-stop on the mic it's pretty entertaining, watchable and charming. I'd rather watch his bullshit breast cancer award ceremony than D Bry's boringly rehearsed charmless one any day of the week.
>>
File: BOO-LIEVE.jpg (542KB, 1465x1660px) Image search: [Google]
BOO-LIEVE.jpg
542KB, 1465x1660px
>>1840832
>A win over Lesnar could have done the same for Roman
Did you forget about Royal Rumble 2015?
>>
>>1840837

Doesn't matter if most matches are spotfests. Lucha has stories that actually build properly and pay off in the end. They develop their characters so well it barely matters what they do in the ring.
>>
blame HHH and the NXT losers he created
>>
File: tmp_1475629800955-2046391646.gif (2MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1475629800955-2046391646.gif
2MB, 240x180px
>>1840971

>tfw I actually remember that episode
>>
>>1840796
>smarks didn't want Austin

Then who the fuck was cheering for him at Survivor SEries 1996 & WrestleMania 13?

>smarks wanted Dwayne

KEK 18+
>>
File: wtff.jpg (8KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
wtff.jpg
8KB, 316x202px
>>1840718
GOOD SO LETS HAVE DIVAS HEADLINE THE SHOW AND STRAP THE FAT DOUGHBOY THAT WILL GET NEW VIEWERS AND KEEP THE CURRENT ONES
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1840718
I don't fucking get this. It's like when he was still a commentator and after he saw that IYH pay per view (Great White North if i'm not mistaken) slammed his headset and yelled "Horrible!".

Did he not fucking know he was writing a shit show? The fuck is he upset on?
>>
>>1842811
>not knowing that Vince is out-of-touch and delusional

Look up "an excellent show with an excellent finish" sometime.
>>
>>1842812

Heyman's ECW was already doing shit ratings before Vince got involved.
>>
File: giphy2.gif (982KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy2.gif
982KB, 500x270px
>>1840787
It blows every other show on USA Network out of the water. Also, even is USA didn't want to renew the WWE contract there would be a line around the block of networks begging for raw and smackdown.
>>
>>1840787
Dude, you're a jackass. Even right now, Raw and Smackdown are still consistently among the top rated shows on cable week in and week out.
>>
>>1840727
t. Bret Hart
>>
>>1844409
ecw only had a national tv show for literally a few months in 2000
>>
>>1844479
sorry, 13 months specifically. and the show was cancelled because tnn got monday night raw
>>
>>1840815
Christ Fedoramen, numbers will never be on your side.

Yeslemania 3.7 rating
Rollinsmania 3.7
Romanmania 2.9

It's 100% on Roman and WWE

For the last 2 years WWE has done nothing but push Roman and ratings have crumbled.
Until Daniel Bryan was the face of the company they were going up.

Roman's road to wrestlemania got a 20+ years low.Roman's Raw after WM got a 20+ years low.

1 million viewers lost in 1 fucking year because of him.
>>
>>1844830
> FedoRamen
>>
File: 1469824025512.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469824025512.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
>>1840718
>According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
>>
WWE deserves to die, it's fucking nu-male garbage now
>>
File: BUsc-LkgBmQ3LqLyhTQeWQ_r.jpg (126KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
BUsc-LkgBmQ3LqLyhTQeWQ_r.jpg
126KB, 750x537px
>>
>ashton kutchner didn't draw a dime
>>
>>1844411
Like Destination America?
>>
>>1840718
>>Will probably sabotage Smackdown

Smackdown gets even lower ratings you moron.
>>
>>1840801
>The very fast current decent we're on picked up as Roman became the main face and everything became centered around him

Top kek no you obese smark. The low ratings thing started after the high of wrestlemania 31 had worn off and Seth Rollins was consistently the one opening and closing RAW. He was the architect of the record low ratings era and he was cringeworthy all through.
>>
File: BALORED.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
BALORED.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>1844936
Reigns winning the Royal Rumble caused the lowest-rated Road to WrestleMania since 1997.

eat shit fedoroman
>>
File: 1249753.gif (2MB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
1249753.gif
2MB, 300x170px
>>1845432
You think they're still trying to push the roman disaster because they're scared of admitting it was a mistake?

is he basically "Open immigration in Europe" the man?
>>
>>1846770

pushing roman as a top guy isn't a mistake. the mistake was doing it before he was developed enough to carry that torch. his acting/mic skills and at the time in ring work needed to improve. his in ring work is light years ahead of where it was, but that's the least important part of wrestling in the big league.
>>
>>1840718
i respect mcmahon for this. he still has passion for this after decades of the ssame thing. I don't understand how anyone can be hating on vince for caring about viewership.

yes viewership is down across tv. But only for the shows that people deem not important or DVR material. You guys all know if you love a show you are watching it live because you can't wait to see it.
>>
>>1844850
This. WWE needs to bring back the testosterone. We need guys who can put out masculine promo, even if it isn't politically correct. Look at the popularity of Trump.
>>
File: Shocked Horse.jpg (331KB, 810x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shocked Horse.jpg
331KB, 810x800px
Stop pushing this ratings killer
>>
File: neigh bitch neigh.jpg (56KB, 300x386px) Image search: [Google]
neigh bitch neigh.jpg
56KB, 300x386px
>>1846867
>>
File: Brian-Cage-4.jpg (70KB, 464x580px) Image search: [Google]
Brian-Cage-4.jpg
70KB, 464x580px
>>1846861

this is the answer, but the liberals have declared all out war on all things even remotely masculine. no more fighting in baseball. managers don't argue with umpires, it goes to video replay. they're phasing out fighting in hockey, which is the only reason casual fans watch. thanks to tom brady whining, quarterbacks are damn near untouchable sacred cows in football. video games are pushing race mixing and homosexual agendas for no reason. i want the fuck off this ride bros.

what happened to the good old days when rasslin, vidya, sports and pop culture in general was on a gigantic mr. olympia level blast of pharm grade steroids?
>>
>>1840722
I guess my view doesn't count since I do it online.

But I watch Smackdown and only listen to RAW, have even skipped RAW once or twice.
>>
>>1847003
This masc-4-masc faggot approves. More muscles and speedos, get those prancy nancys out of my wrestling.
>>
>>1840744
>His own problem is right under his nose, H and Steph are killing WWE for years.

This right here. HHH is creatively barren. The man has no imagination. Every good thing he has done has simply been copying someone else or doing what "the fans" have been demanding. None of that can ever make compelling television.
>>
File: mason.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mason.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>1847003
as a fellow /roid/bro, i approve
>>
File: apu.jpg (32KB, 644x492px) Image search: [Google]
apu.jpg
32KB, 644x492px
>>1840971
well done
>>
>>1847065
Mason Ryan was fucking garbage though.
>>
>>1840830
Apparently WWE can't do it at all, judging by their 15-year+ constant decline.
>>
>>1846800
His ringwork is his best quality and he's thoroughly mediocre at that.
>>
story lines are absolute shit. why do i care about any of the feuds when they have no momentum behind them, or when they end it poorly like they did with this recent best of 7? . Miz v Ziggler is the only one with good heat behind it. Jericho KO will be good when it comes to them ending their friendship. You're not giving the audience reasons to watch.
>>
>>1847003

This.

>>1847177

Also this. And even the feuds that don't completely suck are booked 50/50 and we know it, so there's no reason to watch or care about those either except for jeriGOAT
>>
>>1840839
>Charisma covers up bad writing.
It would if they were allowed to have charisma.
As soon as someone shows a little bit of spark.
They stomp that out like a flaming bag of shit.

>>1844898
Only if they can put ghosts on the show.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.