[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWE buys TNA's tape library https://twitter.com/justi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 9

WWE buys TNA's tape library

https://twitter.com/justinlabar/status/783706620505260033
>>
>>1838082
This was the best possible outcome. Hopefully it becomes official soon.
>>
So when can we expect TNA's name to be dropped on WWE TV for the first time ever
>>
>>1838082
But who sent the text?
>>
>>1838082
Steiner math promo on WWE's yt channel when?
>>
>>1838098
The dogs are in the enclosed pool area
>>
>>1838096
Daniel Bryan said it on Talking Smack last night. I know it's not quite the same. DBry might just be trying to get fired.
>>
>>1838096
>for the first time ever
They're already doing it constantly on Talking Smack and Stone Cold's Podcast
>>
>justinlabar
literally who?

sounds like bullshit. twitter dirtsheets are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>1838110
JR also said that WWE is going to buy the tape library
>>
>>1838104
It's happened twice so far. The last one was only yesterday. You could argue the first time it was mentioned was because Austin doesn't give a shit and the other time it was mentioned was well into the deal with TNA.
>>
>>1838116
This. It was an unnamed source that gave him the heads up but it's likely it because they work in WWE.
>>
>>1838116
sauce?

how the fuck would JR know about anything in 2016? he has no working connection with Dixie or Billy and they're the only one's that would know first since Dixie and Billy own more of the company than anyone else
>>
>>1838135
I have a feeling you're looking in the wrong directions for JRs contact.
>>
>>1838119
Three times actually 2 weeks before Backlash Stone Cold and yesterday
>>
>>1838142
JR doesn't rub elbows with the McMahon Levesques or Dunn, and they're the only ones that would know from the other side
>>
Why would WWE just buy TNA''s tape library and still let TNA operate though? It goes against their policy and really its just bad business. I mean you buy the tapes, put it on Network which is natural promotion to TNA the brand, and this time the brand is still active and operating on another network? its basically WWE promoting TNA free of cost. Its a shitty deal if this rumour is even true,
>>
>>1838145
>2 weeks before Backlash
Was that on talking smack?
>>
>>1838156
>Why would WWE just buy TNA''s tape library and still let TNA operate though?

Because they don't want to pay the millions of dollars of debt that TNA has
>>
>>1838104
Neither of those are TV
>>
>>1838156
Because they're desperate for competition
>>
>>1838156
It gives people more reason to buy the network which is all they want really. I doubt they consider TNA anything close to a threat so promoting them wouldn't do them any harm.
>>
Why would TNA even agree to sell their tape library if they're going to continue running?
>>
>>1838177
They need money. Of course they would.
>>
>I doubt they consider TNA anything close to a threat so promoting them wouldn't do them any harm
yes because that's exactly why they never mention them ever on television the same way the never ever mentioned WCW on their television before they bought them

i bet you can't even tie your own shoes
>>
>>1838181
WWE can't have paid them much
>>
>>1838183
TNA isn't WCW. Not even close.

TNA has never been a threat to WWE. WCW was at one point a huge one.
>>
>>1838096

Carlos Cabrera dropped it when AJ debuted in the spanish broadcast of RR
>>
>>1838188
Money is Money and they are probably going to take anything they can get.
>>
>>1838191
where the fuck did i say TNA is WCW? are you sure you know how to read? you must be an American >American education

i said WCW was never spoken of on their tv before they were bought. tna has never been spoken of on their tv.
>implications
>>
>WWE bought a library full of jeff jarrett being the top dog
vince has lost it
>>
>>1838177
Big Tunes Billy is going to rebrand TNA. Basically a new promotion.
>>
It's going to be really weird to see WWE promote this
>>
What if it wasn't a purchase, but actually a trade? What if TNA traded their library for rights to use the big gold belt on Billys new promotion?
>>
>>1838156
TNA is basically a developmental promotion for WWE anyway. Everyone promotion in the world is.

All McMahon wants to do now is become to elite library of wrestling footage which is what they are on their way to doing with the Network. There's way more money in that in the long run than buying some debt ridden promotion.
>>
>>1838203
I doubt they really care about the quality of the content just that they have a huge amount of stuff to show off.

They are also going to want it to show off what AJ, Joe, Bobby, Aries and a good chunk of their other guys have been doing before WWE.
>>
>>1838203
Also has footage of Sting, the Instant Classic, and various other guys
>>
>>1838213
It's a good idea. It would make the Network look really good and lots of smarks would want it.

They should go after Ring of Honor's tapes next and then attempt to make a deal with New Japan.
>>
>it's some faggot from twitter shilling for clicks that TNA was bought out for the millionth time
I'll wait for le Meltz to confirm or deny.
>>
>>1838223
>It would make the Network look really good and lots of smarks would want it.
>implying
wwe will never get my money
>>
>tfw we'll be able to see Scott Steiner's TNA promos on WWE Network

GIMME A FUCKING MIC
>>
>>1838227
This
>the fucking state of marks actually believing it
>>
>>1838156
Corgan is rebranding. The TNA name will be dead after this deal goes through.
>>
>>1838227
>>1838233
JR has a source saying it's happening as well.
>>
>>1838082
Does TNA even have a way to view their stuff online?
>>
Seriously though, does this mean FINAL DELETION will actually be on WWE Network? Any idea when the deal starts from?

I assume not to recent
>>
>>1838238
I believe the only official way of viewing their content is on their overpriced dvds.
>>
>>1838238
on their fucking youtube you fucking idiot
>>
>>1838099
YOU KNOW, THEY SAY ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL
>>
I wonder where the cutoff date for the library ends.

I have a strong feeling this deal has been offered several months ago, and the whole "Brother Nero/Broken Matt" rebranding was a smart way of retaining their own IP off the table in any deal. Maybe in legal terms, TNA has already been operating under Corgan's Impact brand for some time? Who knows.
>>
>>1838245
BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT S'MOA JOE AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE
>>
Can't wait for BMJ to go "I know you have won the TNA World Championship multiple times, all of which can be seen right now on the WWE Network for only $9.99, but that doesn't mean you'll hold on to the WWE Championship forever!"

Talking Smack, Stone Cold podcast and other languages commentary barely counts.
>>
>>1838099
Remember when Cesaro tried to "homage" that promo and it was really really sad?
>>
>>1838247
It could be an ongoing thing and they may upload more as time goes on but then again I'm not sure.
>>
>>1838243
The one last updated 3 years ago you stupid prick?
>>
SEE NORMALLY WHEN YOU GO ONE ON ONE WITH ANOTHER WRESTLER YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE A WINNIN
>>
>>1838250
He only won it twice
>>
>>1838257
That's multiple times. Also, he won the NWA title like 3 times while there, same difference.
>>
>>1838256
BUT IM A GENETIC FREAK AND IM NOT NORMAL
>>
>>1838254
That'd be a big deal, because it's been said in other interviews that Corgan has 100% created a separate corporate entity for his own TNA dealings.

If the tape library is ongoing, then it means Vince has done a deal with Billy, too. And that means it's a merger in all but name.

I still suspect Corgan has been transferring the operational parts of TNA over to his own entity, and that right now the only asset left on TNA books is the tape library.

But we will no doubt see.
>>
>>1838247
Also gives a chance to guys who want out of their contract
>>
>>1838156
TNA won't still be operating. Based Billy was going to rename it even if he bought everything, so letting WWE have the tape library and just taking the rest works out great for him. He gets all the talent and the TV deals for his new promotion, without being saddled with the TNA name.
>>
File: 20_d.jpg (75KB, 960x932px) Image search: [Google]
20_d.jpg
75KB, 960x932px
Im glad its over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwnoNVOj1Fs
>>
>>1838223
New Japan has been pretty explicit in saying they were gunning to be number one in the world, sounds delusional of them, sure, but I doubt they'd make a deal with their main competitor in that goal.
>>
if these rumours are to be believed, will this weeks tapings be considered a series finale?
>>
>>1838299
They do need more exposure out of Japan to do that. WWE network would be the best way to do that.
>>
>>1838300
I think they are still taping to the end of the year
>>
File: BMAJ.jpg (225KB, 1066x992px) Image search: [Google]
BMAJ.jpg
225KB, 1066x992px
>>1838287
green gay? get that gay shit outta here
>>
>>1838300
you're posting in a bot thread you tripcuck
>>
>>1838300
For TNA under it's current name. The product will continue to be the same.
>>
>Christian Cage's entire run will be on the network

holy shit can't wait
>>
How do you book the final episode taping of Dixie's TNA? Hard mode, no one from WWE appears.
>>
>>1838236
>>1838286

Billy can't do that. You two seem clueless. POP network simply won't let TNA rebrand when they have a active contract going, and certainly TNA's biggest contributor India's Sony Six wouldn't accept it. TNA is a established name, which is why POP and Sony Six agreed to enter into a deal with the company, if you rebrand that's violation of terms.

And really how are we simply assuming TNA's gonna retain their fanbase post rebrand? It may not happen, and the viewers may just stop watching.
>>
>>1838082
Is this the same guy that said BFG wasn't happening?
>>
>>1838199
>WCW was never spoken of on their tv before they were bought
Not true, actually.
Jerry Lawler specifically mentions WCW in 1997, on the episode where Paul E calls in and subsequently gets invited to come on next weeks show
>>
>>1838253
When did this happen?
I gotta see it
>>
>>1838329
except the printers dixie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8
>>
>>1838329
Broken Matt comes out and classifies TNA as obsolete.
>>
>>1838342
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IxKs5eZ6r8
>>
>>1838199
>i said WCW was never spoken of on their tv before they were bought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0B5csEiqRU

18+
>>
Billy should leave pop tv, get a deal with WGN and move to chicago, then get cm phil in on the product and you KNOW smoe joe dont got no chance at sacrifice
>>
>>1838348
What the fuck is he on about. Steiners one made more sense.
>>
wcw and wwe regularly took shots at each other, the most famous one being when mankind won the tittle for the first time and a wcw commentator told the audience what was going to happen thinking they were ruining it, but then everyone changed the channel and wwe got insane ratings
>>
>>1838348
Jesus christ you weren't kidding
>>
File: exposed.png (232KB, 287x351px) Image search: [Google]
exposed.png
232KB, 287x351px
>>1838350
>>1838339
>>
>>1838333
You're replying to bots. Somebody is paying to have this story hyped. The same posts are all over reddit and /wew/.
>>
>>1838216
>Sting
Why do so many people care about that faggot?
>>
>>1838364
>people on wrestling boards are talking about wrestling news
>must be bots
>>
>>1838364
bots don't exist
>>
>>1838378
it's not news. this justinlabar is same clickbaitor that said the bound for glory flights were canceled.

he knows nothing.
>>
>>1838376
18+
>>
>>1838082
wasn't that faggot wrong with his last "scoop"?

wwe is not getting better because you trash a niche wrestling company kiddos.
>>
AJ becomes even more GOAT with his full backstory. Plus opens up Samoa Joe/AJ storylines
>>
>>1838437
It should open up stories for Bobby and Aries as well.
>>
>>1838333
Billy can do that if he has clearance. And TNA has been foregrounding IMPACT for ages now as part of a televised rebranding. Pop TV don't give a shit.

>>1838364
the absolute state of some people posting here
>>
File: 883415.gif (825KB, 350x246px) Image search: [Google]
883415.gif
825KB, 350x246px
>>1838199
You can't be this stupid
>>
>>1838458
Eric Young too
>>
>>1838526
Forgot about him. He has been off tv for a while. I believe he is back tonight though.
>>
>>1838333
You're the clueless retard here, anon. This is stuff that will have been fucking negotiated as part of the deal. You think he hasn't fucking spoken to the networks involved during the lengthy process of buying the company or something, you fucking mongoloid? The TNA name is poison and doesn't draw a dime. The networks aren't going to be clinging onto it.
>>
>>1838197
Carlos Cabrera is such a good commentator
>>
is there any source to this besides faggots on twitter?
>>
>>1838720
Jim Ross on his most recent podcast.
>>
>>1838119
what
I've definitely heard DB mention it on talking smack before and I haven't even watched this weeks
>>
>>1838731
what did he say exactly?
>>
>>1838696
> The TNA name is poison and doesn't draw a dime. The networks aren't going to be clinging onto it.

Utter fucking moron.
>>
>>1838736
He had a source that had informed him that WWE had purchased TNA's video library. He added that it was a very reliable source.
>>
>>1838741
>reliable source

No such thing in pro wrestling
>>
>>1838743
Probably. I would go as far as to guess that his source is someone in WWE though.
>>
>>1838348
that Eden tho
>>
File: 1470548583229.jpg (76KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470548583229.jpg
76KB, 500x500px
So Vince always planned on buying the tape library, this is why he let all of the TNA wrestlers keep their names. Vince playing 19-d chess.
>>
File: 1470986160283.gif (449KB, 318x239px) Image search: [Google]
1470986160283.gif
449KB, 318x239px
>>1839272
omg...
>>
I feel sorry for the guy that has to watch all those hours of tape just to make 45 second hightlight videos
>>
>>1839363
better than trying to make a hype video or tron with only 2 or 3 matches to pick from for like roode or eric young
>>
>>1839399

I hate how the new era doesn't show any tron videos any more just a huge "BELIEVE THAT" logo.
>>
Joey Styles said it 10 years ago and Kaval said it about 7 years ago.
>>
>>1839435
and I said it a couple of weeks ago
>>
>>1838299
NJPW has been #2 in the world for a long time now, and they're the only company around with comparable history and prestige to the WWE. It's not delusional of them to say that they could become competition to the WWE, but it is stupid to say that while they distribution model in the west is as bad as it is.
>>
>>1838344
This would legit be the best way to go about rebranding TNA. That way they could even build the new promotion around their hottest asset.
>>
>>1838437
Are they going to credit AJ as being a proper multi-time world champion, or is TNA going to be considered the first "indy" on WWE network.
>>
>>1839272
Probably but he also let Nakamura and Balor keep their names

w-wait....NJPW takeover?
>>
>>1839485
Finn was Prince Devitt, Balor is something they made up for the WWE to use.
>>
File: 1419905746286.jpg (99KB, 340x333px) Image search: [Google]
1419905746286.jpg
99KB, 340x333px
>>1839485
>Balor
>>
>>1839485
Are you 10 years old?
>>
File: Ric-Flair-7.jpg (47KB, 864x452px) Image search: [Google]
Ric-Flair-7.jpg
47KB, 864x452px
>>1838199
>>
>>1838199
>poor anon never has never seen, nor heard of the billionaire Ted skits

>there are people itt that have never seen, nor heard of the billionaire Ted skits
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.