[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't wrestlers have iconic introductions anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Why don't wrestlers have iconic introductions anymore? The only guys on the roster with iconic intros are Kane's explosion, Taker's gong, APPLEDOUGH and the opening riff to The Game, and I'd say all of those guys are part-time at best.

Lesnar's intro is pretty good too, but he's in the same boat as the other four. What happened to the days of great introductions? Glass shatters, IF YA SMEEEEEELLL, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXSn1cPz9eg
>>
Bray Wyatt has the best entrance in the company but it's being wasted by having him job every big match.
>>
>>1829560
How do they handle it live? Do the clips that always come in just play on the titantron and the arena goes dark?
>>
Lesnar's guitar riff is up there. Go back and look at his Summerslam entrance from this year. The way the lights flashed, it felt like some shit was about to go down. But, again, part timer.

The Shield had a great entrance, but with Roman's, it's become so diluted and the opening riff of the track is just associated with constant booing now.

Bryan's Ride of the Valkyries was iconic because classical music like that is so unique in WWE and because everybody would fucking lose their minds for five seconds when it hit, then seamlessly go into YES!ing.

The most iconic entrance on the roster right now and probably the closest to the ones you've mentioned is Nakamura's violins. It's really unique, and if the "whooooa oooohhh ohhhhh" thing sticks on the main roster, it could go down as one of those iconic entrances.
>>
>>1829556
cesaro has the ambalamps
>>
Kevin Owens opening riff is good. Itami's intro is the only thing I remember from his CAWness

Carmen Hip Hop was pretty fucking good until HHH decided it got too over and destroyed it. It was absolutely the best thing ever. I remember when Austin Aries leaves Regals office and the camera is slowly fading into the arena as the intro violins of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLYemSbdME4 plays
>>
Too many of the wrestlers have a defined sound bite at the beginning of their music. It takes away from the overall effect. Someone should break the trend and have music which is more subdued ala Mankind's theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEl6xcOIhbU
>>
>>1829569
Not sure m8 I've never seen it live. Going to Raw tonight though FWIW
>>
2bh the Cenzo and Ass theme always gets me hyped when it comes on.
>>
File: 1035x582-Neville.jpg (88KB, 1035x582px) Image search: [Google]
1035x582-Neville.jpg
88KB, 1035x582px
*COMET NOISES*
>>
Roman's seems like it's been redone since the Shield days. Back then it sounded really forceful.

Now it seems higher pitched or something, more like a farty trumpet than a hard bass sound.
>>
File: 1456053811076.jpg (11KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
1456053811076.jpg
11KB, 219x230px
>The most iconic entrance on the roster right now and probably the closest to the ones you've mentioned is Nakamura's violins. It's really unique, and if the "whooooa oooohhh ohhhhh" thing sticks on the main roster, it could go down as one of those iconic entrances.
>>
>>1829556
I think some of the NXT guys are starting to have those iconic intros comeback.

also Bayley has the wacky flailing inflatable tubemen..
>>
>>1830245
SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE USED CAR SALESMAN, SAXTON.

I agree. Asuka's got a really good one too.
>>
>>1830033
C'mon, man, you wanna stand there and tell me his entrance at Brooklyn wasn't a LITTLE special? Maybe just a LITTLE BIT?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.