[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is NWA the most JUST wrestling company? Apparently this company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: NWAWorld.jpg (205KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
NWAWorld.jpg
205KB, 800x600px
Is NWA the most JUST wrestling company?

Apparently this company is still going on but only online. Here was a company that was thriving in the 60's and 70's and had stars like Road Warriors, Ric Flair, Piper, and on and on. Now they're nothing and nobody pays attention or knows what it is.

Pic related is the most useless title right now.
>>
They were still at least something even into the 90's. TNA even used the NWA title up until they ended their partnership. This link shows the sorry ass state of the NWA today. It's very sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoPtm4qrsIU
>>
File: 1443848957402.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1443848957402.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>1829505
The crowd is full of old folks who grew up when NWA was still popular. This whole setup and presentation makes my local fed look professional.

The goddamn state of this company
>>
>>1829505
That'll be WWE in 20 years.
>>
>>1829505

My local wrestling promotion draws more people than this.
>>
>>1829518
At that point they are only basically one level above backyard wrestling.

..wait a minute never mind. Even backyard wrestling can get more of a following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io23XLVGW3I
>>
>>1829468
So the world is only the US, Mexico and Australia?
>>
I think it's a brand-name that the copyright owner pimps out now.
Check this out if you want to see some cringe shit.
https://youtu.be/ipfT0QhzRSI
>>
>>1829505
That's just sad.
>>
>>1829537
>can't see the entire belt
>better make a dumb joke about the only part of the belt visible in the picture
>>
File: a4a.png (273KB, 368x447px) Image search: [Google]
a4a.png
273KB, 368x447px
>>1829545
>yfw a bingo hall would literally be an improvement for them
>>
>>1829540
Was he a draw?
>>
>>1829555
Trips confirm Ricky Shane did indeed draw a dime
>>
>>1829468
>Company

It's like you don't quite understand what the NWA even is, or was.

It's been a glorified ghost of a brand for decades now. It was never what you apparently think it was.
>>
>>1829604
What the hell are you smoking jabroni? NWA was the best there was, it's just not the best there is or the best there will be.
>>
>>1829568
Although in this case it was literally a dime.
>>
I always thought they just merged or were absorbed into WCW in the late 80s/early 90s. I had no idea they were still around. Talk about maximum JUST.
>>
>>1829468
> USGay
> Mexiclol
> AusGaylia
> created the Flair Was Good meme
No wonder those shit cunts are nothing now. I hope they burn
>>
I think the only reason the "NWA" exists is because the owners have probably leveraged the assets of owning it into getting a loan for another, more successful business they are running. If the NWA brand dies, so be it, any "assets" are liquidated so a few belts get sold on ebay or something.

The NWA brand pretty much died, at least as a legitimate top wrestling brand name, in 1988 once Turner bought JCP/WCW and just used the NWA name for a few years until he no longer needed it any more.

By then, the NWA was pretty much dead but Jarrett brought it back from its zombie-like state for early NWA-TNA, but once they dropped the NWA deal, that just was the final nail in the coffin for the NWA name.

Anybody else owning it is just using it for whatever liquidity value it still has left as it means nothing now without a major re-investment of new cash. For fucks sake, their website runs like its still stuck in HTML 2.0 as it is all over the place depending on your browser & zooming. Basically, it's a decade old at least in terms of interface & there seems no immediate plans to push the brand on social media or any media for that matter, other than littering people's cars by placing flyers or some shit.
>>
>>1829505
Jesus.

This was the state of NWA when Blue Demon Jr (yes, that one) was the NWA champ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rieawZpLkWg
>>
>>1829993
Saying that NWA is a shadow of what it once was would be a huge understatement.
>>
>>1829468
Even though Jarrett tried to resuscitate the NWA in TNA, this pretty much ended it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kpEjrKqf3s
>>
>>1829999
That wasn't half as bad as I expected it to be.
>>
File: 1475074829256.webm (523KB, 800x455px) Image search: [Google]
1475074829256.webm
523KB, 800x455px
>>1829505
you can litteraly tell that lexi green is their biggest draw.
>>
>>1829540
Jesus christ I just checked on of their shows at random
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lMdy4Dtsx8
Just abbout fucking no one there, how is that possible with that good of a roster?
>>
>>1830327
lol, they didn't even draw enough people to pay for the damn ring, let alone anything else. They should have just cut costs and wrestled on the fucking gym mats instead. Not like the 25 people there are gonna care or notice.
>>
>>1829540
Based Big Clap Frank.
>>
>>1829604
Literally the only person in here who knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>1829540
BASED DIABLO JR
>>
NWA moved to a licensing model after ownership changed, and pretty much every promotional left immediately. I think the titles get used in Japan.
>>
File: 192390438.jpg (111KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
192390438.jpg
111KB, 500x457px
>>1829468
>NWA
>wrestling company
welcome to /asp/
>>
>>1829468
NWA title has to be the weakest looking world title ever.

it was a good call when Flair adopted THE GOAT belt ie Big Gold.
>>
>>1829540
that Kris King guy looks like he could actually make it to a promotion with a name
>>
the real nwa was a cartel for the territories to share talent, keep down wages, and prevent any new competition from appearing

the name persists but the nwa disappeared with the territories
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.