[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure if martial arts are even discussed on this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: OPM Sakki.png (69KB, 250x383px) Image search: [Google]
OPM Sakki.png
69KB, 250x383px
I'm not sure if martial arts are even discussed on this board anymore, but paraphrasing from another thread in /x/, I want to ask about 'sakki'.

In summary, this is the notion that a martial artist - or just about anyone, really - can exude a killing intent. It's seen all the time in anime and manga, but also in other forms of media. It's typically represented as a somewhat mystical ability; whether the sensing or emitting of the aura is mystical depends on the work.

So far as I underrstand though, it's typically seen as poor form outside of deliberately lethal scenarios, and can lead to all sorts of effects such as the sensor becoming paralysed or wracked with fear, or even sillier things. So, is it possible to nurture 'killing intent' and would it actually be beneficial?

I ask this most especially to any competitive martial artists: provided that the rules are still obeyed, can such a thing exist and would it provide an edge? Is it, as I anticipate, simply a question of directed, aggressive engagement in which case it's essentially good practice? I can imagine that taking a predatory mindset during a bout could have a positive outcome. Or is it a sinister projection of the spirit, that is wont to overwhelm and desolate an opponent before the first blow is struck?
>>
Huh?
>>
>18+
>have sex
>hit the weights
>take a shower
>get a clue
>>
geta gun
>>
I think this is what we refer to in the west as "mad dogging a nigga" which makes you seem like a dickhead in most contact sports, although you can't exactly tell someone stop looking like a psycho, maybe they can't help it.
>>
>>1823681
That's about what I thought. Still, if you follow the rules I suppose it's difficult to say what's being done wrong. How would you tell if someone was doing this? Assuming they weren't sneaking bullshit hits in or whatever and they were obeying the rules.

>>1823666
I don't need to take that from you, Satan.

>>1823662
Esoteric nonsense. If it means nothing to you, then watch more cartoons or perhaps a better idea would be: don't.

>>1823678
Not relevant.
>>
Anime doesn't real, OP
>>
>>1823702
If you've fought long enough you can get a bead on how strong a fighter is. It's not exactly the feudal era anymore so I don't know if people still do stuff like that.
>>
>>1823702
Gun is best art of martial.
>>
>>1823635
cringe
>>
>>1823635
there is nothing like "killing intent" in anime, where it seems to be stuff like death stares, hypnotic stares, and general invisible aura.

but there is a noticeable difference in how trained fighters conduct themselves in hostile situations
>>
>>1823635
I feel as though if you take it as mystical animu mumbo jumbo like you seem to be doing then you're doing it wrong, but sakki can kinda be taken as a real concept. A general combination of attitude, stance, looking etc that trained and competent people have to them that others don't. When someone knows what the fuck they're doing, people can tell, and in a fight you can tell when someone's coming in hot trying to knock your block off. It can also probably apply to proper feints, in that if you're feinting well the opponent will think you're actually throwing at them and react to it, hence they're reacting to your "killing intent".
>>
>>1823635

My opinion is that what you speal of is most likely an involuntary system in the body, and as far as such system goes, they work in opposition to conscious or voluntary movements. Consider the term 'blind rage'. Evading just definitions of what were discussing here, and simply focusing on the practicality, of such a 'thing', its easy to conclude with a basic understanding of how the body works that it wouldnt be practical. All forms of martial arts are disciplines, meaning the concept of including such an involuntary and 'limbic' in practice sounds paradoxical.

Although, i am limited in my knowledge and it would be interesting if an anon were to lend its' to this conversation.
>>
this killing intent potential might also vary depending on a users size.

whats ya height OP?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.