[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>debut match >the cruiserweight champion >Boring chants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

>debut match
>the cruiserweight champion
>Boring chants
>Crowd dead
>CM Punk Chants
>Randy Savage Chants
>Literally nobody giving a fuck

Told you
>>
Did that actually happen?

Didn't watch it and am not going to.
>>
>>1809190
Honestly that match was pretty good, full of pop-offense, and Tony Nese is based as fuck.
If the crowd were chanting shit at that it's them wanting to be hilarious memers and nothing more.
>>
>>1809193
The problem is WWE is treating the division like a real sport. Shake hands, generic names. Bland wrestlers. The guy who wrestled Perkins looked like a jobber version of Trevor Lee.

Also Perkins promo skills are fucking terrible. Kendrick saved it
>>
>>1809201

Trevor Lee looks like the jobber version of Trevor Lee you melt.
>>
>>1809242
No Daniel Bryan does
>>
>>1809201
Is there any particular reason you WWMEMEists are incapable of simply enjoying great wrestling matches without some retarded fucking storyline or cartoonish gimmicks?
>>
>>1809271

Wrestling with a story isn't wrestling. Go back to your outlaw flippy shit, this is the big leagues.
>>
>>1809276

*without
>>
>Meaningless tag match
>Drew Gulak is teaming with Lince Dorado
>Drew Gulak is not being a heel
>Drew Gulak did not attack Swann and Cedric after losing and then Lince after he tries to stop him
Literally why. Don't tell me WWE is planning on doing away with the notion of heels and faces and just have "competitors", Brian Kendrick is right there heeling it up.
>>
>>1809279
Nah they're just getting their faces on-screen right now and letting fans get a little accustomed to them.
>>
>>1809190
TJP's second promo
>I'm Just happy to be here
>I've dreamed of being here
>Being here is great
Jesus christ dude grow a personality outside of dabbing. This is why he's the worst choice for the 1st cruiser weight champion.
>>
>>1809276
>wrestling with just wrestling isn't wrestling
You are literally a retard and you deserve the dumpster fire that WWMEME has become.
>>
>>1809190
problem his: people don't give a shit about two 1.0 vanilla shitters flippyfuck each others like 2 fags
>>
>>1809271
Well I'm the one you quoted. I enjoyed the entire X Division Run mid-2000 TNA. It's alumni are currently two top guys in the WWE.

Cruiserweight Division is going to flop real hard. High Flying gets tiresome and TNA kept it fresh by having really good characters and more importantly Gimmick Matches. Once they got rid of the characters you have the lousy carcass of it in today's "impact" wrestling
>>
>>1809283

How your territory doing?
>>
>>1809290
How's your ratings doing?
>>
>>1809280
But why? Why do it at the expense of a heel? They could have actually worked it into a story, Gulak Vs. Everyone else. The problem so far hasn't been the matches or the wrestlers, it's been that there is literally no progression.

Why even have tag matches in a division where there is only one belt and no current feuds. Give them 10 minutes per hour and have 3 singles matches on par with what they were doing in CWC. That would actually get them over. Instead we have 40 minutes of Reigns and Pyceb. Which we already had the night before. The CW division is being treated worse than the womens division.
>>
It really came off like when they did Velocity, only this time they've slapped one of the matches on it's biggest weekly show in a live setting. I'm all for workrate and blah blah, but not everyone is a smark or has a WWE Network subscription and they need some background and characters to get behind.

If anyone has the cheek to blame the crowd and not creative well, take a shower, hit the weights, gain height, have sex and get a clue.
>>
>>1809282
By the time WWE realized they wouldn't get to sign Ibushi or ZSJ, their options for winners were Noam Dar, Gran Metalik, Rich Swann, TJP, Tozawa and Kendrick, out of these the only viable ones were Kendrick and Swann, I guess they didnt want to cap a tournament kick off the new division with a cheating champion.
>>
>>1809293
There's no progression because it's been two weeks.
They can't go establishing characters for literal no-names that the audience doesn't know. Get them on TV first, play a package, then establish. They're just getting who will likely be the division's more prominent names out there, right now.
>>
>>1809294
Whatever you said is spot on, but your opinion doesn't matter because you are Carter
>>
>>1809292

Still the only relevant wrestling company in the world and the only place people can truly be stars, thanks for asking. :3
>>
>>1809305
Fark excuse me for not lurking enough, but who is Carter if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>Flippyshit
>Not even once
>>
>>1809295
I guess but a guy that can't speak English and a guy who keeps saying "Harry Potter isn't the only wizard to come from England" are probably a worse choice than TJP.

>>1809300
No you have to establish a character right off the bat. This is the first time Gulack and Dorado have been on TV, at the very least establish that Gulak is a heel. Most of them got over their character/style in their opening bout in the CWC. All we know so far from these 4 guys is Swann is another happy dancing black man who just loves to have fun Maggle! You don't have to do all of them at once but at least do something.
>>
>>1809271
Good wrestling is always impressive but it isn't worth shit without characters and storylines. You people are ruining the product.
>>
>>1809306
>Still the only relevant wrestling company in the world
lol no it isn't.

>>1809318
Your shitty characters and storylines are ruining the product.
>>
File: suspicious doge.jpg (19KB, 279x288px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious doge.jpg
19KB, 279x288px
>>1809315
But we know Gulak's the Heel because he ate the pin.
>>
>>1809315
Dorado and Swann actually wrestled in the last episode of Main Event, there and last night they repeated all the spots from their CWC match, this is terrible. Also, Dorado seems to own only one pair of underpants.
>>
>>1809320

Shoo shoo, back to /wooo/ with you
>>
>>1809326
>Main Event,
Who watches that though? That's probably why they repeated all the spots.

>>1809325
But it doesn't further his character. Do what someone else said earlier in the thread and have him go off on Swann and Alexander then put Dorado in the dragon sleeper when he tries to get his tag partner off. Then we have a storyline set up, it puts over his finisher as long as Dorado sells like death, and Gulak is established as a guy that, when pushed, can fuck up 3 guys and puts him in a position to be a monster heel.
>>
>>1809320
What fucking characters? What fucking characters, retard? Almost no one has a character anymore. Almost no one has a gimmick anymore. Almost no one is a heel anymore. They all wrestle like faces and get cheers from le smarks so it's all the same. The extent of most people's character is "Uh, well, this guy worked in indie promotion #349523 before coming here, so he's cool, I guess." The extent of most storylines is "I want the title, No, I want the title, No, I want the title" repeat ad nauseam. When you don't have characters, gimmicks, storylines, or a heel/face dynamic, what do you have? A miasma of generic guys in trunks doing flippy shit. That's not fucking wrestling, you faggot. You retards are running the product headfirst into the ground and you're too goddamn stupid to realize it.
>>
File: y.jpg (41KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
41KB, 678x678px
>>1809320
>the product
>>
>>1809327
Back to the trailer park with you, Festus.

>>1809337
Fucking kek. Don't act like WWMEME still isn't doing the cartoon characters bullshit.
>>
>>1809337
>You retards are running the product
How many smarks are agents and producers? How many smarks are part of the writing staff? How many smarks are stockholders? Is Vincent Kennedy McMahon a smark?

Do all the mental gymnastics you want but at the end of the day everything that happens in the WWE goes through Vince and gets his approval first, the product is the way it is because he wants it to be that way. Don't shift the blame, don't be a stanford wife.
>>
File: It's A New Gay, Yes It Is.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
It's A New Gay, Yes It Is.gif
3MB, 320x180px
How long until this fagot joins The New Gay?
>>
>>1809467
He's way better than New Day are
>>
>>1809467
>He can't handle this
>>
>>1809190
Debuts are overrated.
>>
>>1809276
"I can flip better than you" is a story though :^)
>>
>>1809342
tbf the other guy said it first
>>
>>1809190

was there really a boring chant? I switched to MNF because I was making a huge comeback win with Devonta Freeman
>>
Wwe fans never gave a fuck about cruiseweights. Even less so now.

Even the light weight belt was a meme division on heat in the old days.
>>
File: 127340463846.jpg (116KB, 372x877px) Image search: [Google]
127340463846.jpg
116KB, 372x877px
>>1809859
I watched it like 2 hours ago and don't remember a boring chant. The other stuff, yeah.
>Nese has been mah boi since he showed up in TNA
>thought he hadn't been signed and was genuinely surprised when he came out
>tfw that's the fucking reception his boyhood dream RAW debut gets
>>
this is why wwe should stop catering to the smarks
>>
>>1809391
You bitch so loud when they don't cater to your smark tastes that they're forced to placate you just to stop hearing your shitty passive-aggressive tantruns and show-ruining meme chants. You're whiny children that stomp their feet until they get what they want, then deflect all blame.
>>
They should use the cruiser weights during the first hour like nitro. Giving them the final hour spot is setting them up to fail.
>>
>>1809933
> You're whiny children that stomp their feet until they get what they want, then deflect all blame.
Except we get a watered down, shitty version of what we want. And that's in no way my fault.
>>
>>1809945
THIS

Crowd fatigue is a thing. They know it, too.
>>
File: 1.jpg (33KB, 741x640px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
33KB, 741x640px
>>1809337
>A miasma of generic guys in trunks doing flippy shit. That's not fucking wrestling
It kinda is.
Like, Vince literally called his version something else because it was such a departure.
>>
>>1809933
So are you telling me that Vincent Kennedy McMahon gets rattled by chants? That he caves in to the internet? That he has so little faith in his own plans that he trusts smarks to do a better job than him?

Just to entertain your retarded theory of a 70-year old billionare getting bullied by the internet answer me this:
Why now? After a decade of Cena hate why now?
>>
>>1809279
God dammit i missed based drew gulak last night
>>
>>1809271
I'm an indy mark and you're a fuckin doofus
>>
>>1809276
>Wrestling with a story isn't wrestling
Lou Thesz, Sammartino and the others had a great storyline isn't it? That's why they become succesful?
>>
Without Kendrick Cruiserweight Div is just piece of flippy shit. Prove me wrong. Oh, wait, you can't.
>>
>>1810242
Gulak.
Tozawa.
Gallagher.
>>
>>1810281
And Dar, he sucks, but he's not of the flippy persuasion either.
>>
>>1810203
Because back then we didn't have mainstream internet, Netflix and many forms of entertainment
>>
>>1810301
Silly anon, everybody knows those things don't exist. They're just smark propoganda.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 433x649px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 433x649px
>>1809190
>WWE steals the character created exclusively for TNA's first (and only) game and puts the suit back on Perkins
>>
>>1809888
What makes it so sad, the match was actually pretty good.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.