[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What match that had a realistic chance of happening would have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: 1469741742669.jpg (89KB, 650x333px) Image search: [Google]
1469741742669.jpg
89KB, 650x333px
It's got to me something involving Austin right? He missed so many big matches because of his neck injury. So Goldberg/Austin and Hogan/Austin which one would draw the most money? Or would another match draw more?
>>
Gotta be Hogan vs Austin vs Rock
>>
>>1807015
AUSTIN
AUSTIN
AUSTIN

Anything Austin
>>
>>1807024
I don't think triple threat matches ever draw well for some reason do they?
>>
Hogan/Cena vs. Austin/Rock.
>>
Personally i would had for 30

Hogan/Cena
Austin/CM Punk
Rock/Taker
Brock/Bray
>>
>>1807066
This Wouldve drawn the most money
>>
>>1807066
thats far too much for one WM
>>
>>1807066
Zero good matches out of those four
>>
>>1807072
They were really trying to sell the network
>>
>>1807015
Sting vs. Taker at ~98/99.
Well, OK, you could argue if that one had a realistic chance of happening.
>>
>>1807094
but would that draw even half of Austin/Goldberg? Meltzer is on record saying he thinks Austin/Goldberg would have smashed all records
>>
>>1807101
Austin/Goldberg in 98/99 would have been the biggest ever, but Austin/Goldberg in 2014 wouldn't have been as big as Sting/Taker would be right now I don't think.
>>
>>1807106
of course it would any Austin return match would draw bigger than Sting/Taker desu
>>
>>1807148
Yeah I guess.
And by right now I meant more like 2-3 years ago before Taker and Sting got killed.
>>
Using Rock vs Cena as the barometer,

Austin vs Goldberg in 2001 does better
Hogan vs Austin in 2002 does better
No match involving Undertaker does better
Rock vs Brock MIGHT have broken it in 2013
>>
brock vs bryan
tbqf

honestly, don't think many 1 on 1s are that much of a draw.

Rock vs Brock? maybe in the last 2 years.
Austin vs Goldberg? maybe in 2001
Austin vs someone else? need to be within 5 years of him disappearing
Hogan cena? decent
>>
Based Big Dog, THE GUY Roman Reigns one-on-one at Wrestlemania main event against the Immortal Hulk Hogan (Peak Hulkamania version)
>>
>>1807015
Austin vs Goldberg would have drawn a shit ton back in the day. If we're talking ones that were actually extremely close to happening you'd have to guess Austin vs Punk would have done a huge buy rate
>>
> Austin vs Punk
Would've been big, but not bigger than Rock vs Cena 1 even with a 1 year build up. Austin not as big as Dwayne Johnson, Punk not as big as Cena.
>>
>>1807938
Austin is bigger than the Rock in wrestling, the Rock is just bigger everywhere else.
>>
>>1808058
And the mainstream world ends up buying WM for Dwayne.
>>
>>1808420
I don't think the mainstream world actually buys Mania anymore, just more casual fans make an effort to see Mania more than any other PPV
>>
>>1808436
WM23 was pretty much made by the casual fan because of Trump.
>>
A New Japan/All Japan program in the 90s would have done gangbusters. They only did it when both were JUST
>>
Austin as a non-wrestler has never drew quite like Rock as a non-wrestler. Austin fans are pretty delusional for thinking he'd beat Rock's drawing power at WM28.
>>
>>1807066
Why are you talking about Bray on a draw thread?
>>
>>1807015
As of now the big money making match for Mania is Brock vs Rock. Second would be Sting vs Taker. WWE might seriously be underestimating the interest in that match. It doesn't matter if both are old worn down wrestlers. The match still has interest.
>>
>>1807031
Daniel Bryan vs Batista vs Randy Orton (Wrestlemania XXX)

Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels vs Triple H (Wrestlemania XX)

Not big fucking draws but they are pretty good.
>>
>>1807066
Hogan vs Cena
Austin vs Punk
Sting vs Taker
Goldberg vs Brock
Michaels vs Bryan
>>
>>1809194
>Goldberg vs. Lesnar a decade after they had one of the worst matches in WrestleMania history

"no"
>>
>>1807066
>Rockertaker

It wasn't good and didn't sell in 1999, why the fuck would you want it in 2014?
>>
>>1809205
18+ and read why they had one of the wrost matches in Wrestlemania history.
>>
>>1809214
I already saw why like a decade ago: because it was boring shit they both phoned in.

>when the son of the company's owner is leading the MSG crowd in booing your shitfest
>>
What what
https://youtu.be/xW0dElW9V7Y
>>
>>1809205

It drew money, mark. That's the point.
>>
>>1809251
Show your proof.

And even if it did, why would anybody who sat through that atrocity ever want to pay to see it again with those same guys a decade older?
>>
>>1809256

> biggest drawing WWE event ever in Madison Square Garden
> one of the biggest PPV buyrates in history
> but m-m-muh workrate
>>
>>1809232
>because it was boring shit they both phoned in.

>Being this wrong
>>
>>1809256

People will pay to see it. Goldberg returning is a draw. Brock is a draw. They could sit in the ring and shit for 5 minutes and it would make WWE more money than whatever Indie darling vs Flippy man match is on the card.
>>
Hogan/Austin
Taker/Sting when they weren't old broken fucks
>>
Austin vs Goldberg would draw millions of dimes even today.

Remember the pop during Sting vs HHH when DX AND nWo started brawling? That was a childhood fantasy come true even if it only lasted for 2 minutes. Deep down, the wrestling fans from the past who stopped following would probably check out Austin vs Goldberg because that was something we all wish would happen long ago.

It can still happen too, both guys are still in good wrestling shape.
>>
>>1807015
Macho Man Randy Savage v AJ Styles
>>
>>1809270
That doesn't prove Goldberg vs. Lesnar drew.

>>1809308
>people will pay to see a rehash of bad match from over a decade ago

Stupid mark geek.
>>
>>1809646
>He thinks Goldberg vs Lesnar wouldn't be a draw

You cant be more wrong than that.
>>
Austin/Punk WM30

>Punk beats Taker and ends the streak with the pepsi plunge at WM29

>hottest most over thing ever

>Austin and punk trade insults and heat for the entire year like Cena and Rock did for Once in a lifetime 1.0

>biggest match ever
>>
>>1809646
Christ, you are a moron.
>>
>>1810209
Austin facing Cena or Brock would draw more
>>
>>1810209
CM Punk is not that big of a deal. Don't know why everyone wants to put him up against the legendary Austin.
>>
File: 8amXs7l.jpg (972KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
8amXs7l.jpg
972KB, 2000x2000px
>>1810250
mainly because the feud writes it self, straight edge vs DRINK BEER
>>
>>1807193
>Rock vs Brock
>MIGHT have
They're literally the two biggest draws alive right now
>>
>>1807358
you haven't got meme'd to death yet so I'mma jump in and agree with you
A neglected corner of my cold cynical heart dreams that it's the surprise finale to the Brock vs Smackdown feud they're doing this year.
>>
>>1810279
What a miserable looking prick
>>
>>1810250
Probably because Austin wanted to do it
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.