[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've never been much into wrestling but over the past

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Christopher_Daniels_1.jpg (337KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Christopher_Daniels_1.jpg
337KB, 1024x683px
So I've never been much into wrestling but over the past couple of years I've developed a great respect for it and for wrestlers. I used to think "hurr wrestling is dumb cuz its fake" but as soon as I quit thinking of it as "fake sport tries to pretend its real" and starting thinking of it as "live, improv'd, adlibbed stage show" it started to make more sense to me. Wrestlers have to be actors, experts in improv and adlib, on-the-spot entertainers, know how to work a crowd, and to top it all off they have to be INCREDIBLE athletes. All of that never ceases to amaze me.

So I find I'm more and more curious about wrestling, and after browsing this board for a while I have some questions:

What is the difference between Raw and Smackdown? What sort of interaction do they have? Why do people on this board argue over which is better? Aren't they owned by the same company?

Is the "Vince McMahon" we see jump in the ring an actor or the actual owner of WWE? I know the actual owner is a guy named Vince McMahon, I'm just curious if its one guy or if they have an actor play him for the television stuff.

How do personas work in terms of switching promotions? I've read the wikipedia articles on some wrestlers where they kept the same name and persona through multiple promotions, and also some where they had to change name and persona when switching companies.

What is NXT?

Why is "bridgetfucker" thrown around as an insult? Who is bridget?
>>
>>1784800
answers to most of these questions you can find by using www.google.com
>Why is "bridgetfucker" thrown around as an insult? Who is bridget?
I have no fucking idea. I don't remeber it being used yesterday.
>>
TL;DR
>>
they're competing brands on same company
limited interaction at this point
they don't smackdowns better and everybody thinks so the shit you see posted is like 2 people pretending anybody likes raw
yes
yes he is the owner
depends if you signed the rights over to your persona to your previous promotion or not
NXT is a developmental brand on the WWE network used to develop people and as a garage to keep people they don't want competing with them in other promotions warm while they get ready for the main roster
nobody knows
>>
>>1784800
First
>what is google.

>What is the difference between Raw and Smackdown?
They are two shows from WWE with distinct and seperate rosters and storylines.

>What sort of interaction do they have?
Little. The only interaction is refferences to the other show and an inter brand match at Summerslam.

>Why do people on this board argue over which is better?
Because this board is a shithole

>Aren't they owned by the same company?
They are.

>Is the "Vince McMahon" we see jump in the ring an actor or the actual owner of WWE?
He is the actual owner of the company. On TV however, he is an established character. He is Vince McMahon "playing" MR McMahon.

>How do personas work in terms of switching promotions?
Depends on what WWE is willing to give them. Most of the time WWE forces them to change their names so that WWE owns the copyright to their new name. However, if the person is a established enough star, they let them keep it as that personal brand is more important to WWE.

>What is NXT?
A network exclusive show featuring WWE's developmental and transitional wrestlers (either wrestler's still in training, or new signees they want to get used to WWE before moving them up). Since being taken over by Triple H, it has become a more prominent third brand.

>Why is "bridgetfucker" thrown around as an insult? Who is bridget?
No idea
>>
Bridgetfucker is a really shitty meme being pushed way too early
>>
Same company, different shows. Same McMahon. Personas are sometimes owned by the company, and sometimes by the wrestlers. Depends on the contract. NXT is like a minor league for Raw and Smackdown.
>>
>>1784944
>too early
It's too shit to ever warrant it. It'll die off in a week like most failed forced memes
>>
>>1784800
>>>/wooo/
>>
Vince McMahon's on-screen persona is "Mr. McMahon" which is an exaggerated version of his own already bombastic personality.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.