[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've decided smarks are terrible for the business need to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
I've decided smarks are terrible for the business need to be fired from wrestling fandom so I've made a list of all my grievances.

1. Smarks called and still call The Summer of Punk a hot angle even though it did mediocre TV ratings.

5. Smarks say Roman shouldn't be billed as a powerhouse because of his slow-lift powerbomb. This is stupid and ignorant, because the slow lift is for effect, and is good selling.

6. Smarks constantly over-empathise crowd reactions. This is silly because most of Raw's audience don't attend live events,and because some demos are over-represented at TV taping and PPVs. For example families tend to be more represented at house shows because they cheaper and hardcore fans tend to be more represented at TV tapings because they are 'smart' enough to know that the house show matches are safer and lower workrate.

7. Smarks complain about workers being dead and buried after losing to Cena. But if you need to go over John Cena, the biggest star in the business, to get over, you are by definition not a star and would never have made it anyways. After all, you can't beat a John Cena every week.

12. Smarks say that Roman was planned to be the top guy from the start and given a mega push. This is a case of hindsight bias. Roman was given a big push and then got over so his push intensified to a mega push. That does not mean the mega push was planned from the start. His initial push was comparable to that given to Sheamus, Del Rio and Wade Barrett, none of whom got the Roman treatment because they didn't get over to Roman's level.

13. Smarks frequently object to terms like IWC and being classified as a vocal minority on the basis that all wrestling fan use the internet. However, there is still clearly a difference between casual fans and hardcore fans, even if the former are 'smarter' now and use the internet too. Using twitter doesn't make someone instantly decide Cesaro is entertaining.
>>
17. Smarks say that according to Edge and Jericho, John Cena fought to go over the Nexus at Summerslam 2010. This is not true, in the podcast they said they disagreed with John about him taking a DDT to the floor. They later said as an aside they pushed for The Nexus to go over. The discussed disagreement with Cena was only related to the DDT on the outside. It was not said what Cena's opinion on the booking was.

26. Smarks say Money in the Bank 2011 was a box office smash because it did 30,000 more buys than the previous year. In fact, relative to June pay per views in other years, it did an average to mediocre buy rate. Comparing it to the 2010 Money in the Bank is flawed, because that show did a terrible buyrate and is therefore a poor point of comparison.

33. Smarks say that Roman's punishment for his wellness violation is weak. There is no precedent for a top guy being given the kind of punishment those smarks say is warranted. Rey Mysterio, Ziggler, Orton and various others were not buried over wellness violations.

36. Smarks say Shane McMahon is good businessman because he wanted to buy UFC in the 90s. This doesn't mean he is a good businessman, it means he is an MMA fan with a billionaire daddy. His business in China was a loss-maker.

42. Smarks frequently bring up a 1995 quote that Vince McMahon said he'd 'rather have a half-full arena cheering the right guy, than a full one with mixed reactions'. But this is taken out to context. He wasn't conciously choosing people the fans didn't want, because most fans had chosen WCW at that time. The response of the fans in the arena were irrelevant to wining over the WCW defectors.

50. Some smarks still unironically think John Cena should have turned heel in the last five years even though it is beyond retarded to turn your only draw and reliable merch seller heel.
>>
but people who self-identify as "smarks" are always the biggest marks - getting angry about booking, talking about one wrestler being "better" than another in a made-up sport.
>>
51. Smarks call Lucha Underground a success even though it has never drew money and is clearly a vanity project

63. Smarks still complain about Jericho going over AJ at Wrestlemania 32, saying there was no good reason for this booking. But in hindsight there was a good reason, because Jericho was heated up so Ambrose had a hot heel to feud with to prime him for his push in the summer.

70. Smarks say that anyone who disagrees with them is contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

71. Smarks say Chris Hero should have been in the Shield even though Roman is more impressive hot tag wrestler, and its obvious that Hero would blown up in weight on the main roster

77. Smarks say that CM Punk outsold John Cena in merchandise in 2012. This is not true. Punk outsold Cena on the WWE.com shop, but this is only one small part of WWE's merchandising operation and doesn't take into account things like live event sales and their third party deal with Mattel. Overall, Cena was still clearly ahead.
>>
FedoRamen greatest effort drew as much as Roman's.

Hit the weights, get a clue.
>>
>>1783625
18+ kid
>>
File: ruru.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ruru.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Thank you based Jericho
>>
>>1783408
>Empathise crowd reactions

Here's your illiterate (you)
>>
I was expecting bait but those are some strong points. I don't necessarily agree with all of them though.
>>
>>1783408
that's nice, but keep it in the generals and delete this
>>
This thread is so based, its fucking unbelievable.

10/10 Op.
>>
None of this fucking matters. We sit around arguing whether Roman, Seth, AJ, Dean, or whoever is best long term. None of them are best long term. Any argument falls flat when answered with a long term ratings decline that none of them can stop. Cena, whether you love or loathe him, slowed the bleeding. But even he couldn't stop it. And putting the belt on him for the 16th time won't fix things either.

It's the 90s all over again. Cena is Hogan, the once big draw now grown stale. Punk, Roman, Seth, Dean, AJ are the succession of shitters like HBK, Bret, Diesel, and Flair that couldn't draw a dime if you gave them two nickels.

WWE is raiding TNA, New Japan, and the indies because they've reached that point in the drought where all that's left to do is pray for rain. They're hoping that somewhere, they'll find some guy who can become this generations Stone Cold. A guy who actually has the charisma, the look, the mic chops, and the in ring ability to get over in a massive way and save the industry again. If they don't find him, the industry will continue to slowly wither away.
>>
BASED JERIGOD
>>
>>1783854
kek, you seem mad

OP delete this thread and take your bridgettefuckers to your general >>1782954
>>
1. No that shit sucked, didn't watch

5. Wtf Roman should be billed that way

6. Don't care

7 I agree with you here, I like Cena's spot but still fucking hate him because muh smark

12. I do think he was always planned, also Ambrose needs to be kicked back to NXT?? Or wherever the faggot shield came from

13. Don't care

17. No idea/dont care

26. Not sure it was any better.

33. I thought that was a part of the crazy roidman story?? Do people thinkt he roid violation punishment was anything other than a marketing gimmick?

42. fuckin smarks man

50. That is retarded, I'm sick of him as it is. he doesn't need more stories.

51. >spics

63. Yes, but Dean is still shit

70. Fuckin smarks man

71. The shield should have never had Dean, shoulda just been seth, roman and Tripple H

77. Punk era sucked, it was somehow worse than John Cena. Fuck CM punk was a fag. Fuckin Phil

Wtf i hate smarks now
>>
>>1784371
They did find that next guy though and his name was Daniel Bryan.
>>
>>1783408
>>1783415
>>1783432
fucking based
>>
>>1783408
>>1783415
>>1783432
nice blog post, faggot
>>
reminder
you belong here >>1782954
>>
>>1784592
lmao
>>
>>1783415
they said Cena buried Nexus by the way he booked the match, he wanted to superman his way through it and that hurt thier momentum. So not sure why you bringing that up

CM Punk outsold John Cena for merch before they turned him heel.

Daniel Bryan beat Cena in merch and they turned him heel as well too for a bit.
>>
>>1783432
fun fact. Google actually loses money from Youtube. They have never made a profit from Youtube since they bought it.

63. i don't understand what you trying to say

77. ha no
>>
108: ARMBAR
>>
>>1783408
Best thing about "The Summer of Punk" was when Kevin Nash put an end to it at Summerslam. Thank you Mr. Nash.
>>
>>1783408
Number 12 is horseshit

Even from day 1 there were backstage rumours of people being pissed with how the shieldettys got special treatment. This was long before mainstream roman hate was a thing

And Roman by himself was never over, nor is he a true draw
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.