[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know if shane actually runs smackdown or not? Im actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: 1473818237486.jpg (62KB, 686x384px) Image search: [Google]
1473818237486.jpg
62KB, 686x384px
Anyone know if shane actually runs smackdown or not? Im actually curious why its better than raw now.
>>
>>1779617
hes literally an actor playing a role. he has as much creative control over the show as the guy who played Sawyer had over L O S T
>>
Vince runs Smackdown and is giving it extra attention. Raw has been left to Gaytch which is why it's a smarky shitfest with tumbling ratings
>>
File: the-genius.jpg (100KB, 412x355px) Image search: [Google]
the-genius.jpg
100KB, 412x355px
Apparently they're both still run by Vince at the end of the day. Here are my theories/things we know to be true:

1) (Theory) Someone at some point must have convinced Vince that for Smackdown to be popular as its own show this time, it has to be different from Raw, and so he shouldn't shoot down things he normally shoots down.

2) (Fact) The main NXT writer of the past two years was bumped up slightly before the brand split.

3) (Theory) Bryan and Shane probably DO make small suggestions every now and then, even if they have little actual power officially.

4) (Fact) The show is shorter and therefore the writers can focus more quality vs quantity, a la Raw.

5) (Theory) Vince seems more willing to experiment and take chances because it's not Raw and he's not risking his flagship show.

6) (Fact/Theory) Since the show is shorter, and they have a smaller roster, they can't just bury people randomly else they'd run out of credible threats when they need them. Hence, the writing is smarter and they work harder to keep people over.

7) (Fact) Since Smackdown isn't on against football, they don't have to have plan the segments in a weird order in the hopes that people switch over during halftime.

8) (Fact/Theory) There is no Stephanie McMahon on this show, who the writers are terrified of and always write to get over, even though she insists on playing a heel and in wrestling the entire point of heels is that eventually they get their comeuppance, which she doesn't.

9) (Theory) After years of The Authority, when watching Raw you still subconsciously think Stephanie and HHH are pulling the strings somehow, thereby keeping the boring, status quo "heel authority figure" in the back of everyone's mind while watching Raw, thereby decreasing the enjoyment of the show. Smackdown, conversely, has Shane and Bryan, both of whom we know are faces (yes despite Bryan bullying the Miz lately)

10) (Fact) Raw's top faces (Roman and now Seth) aren't over to the level of Cena.
>>
Far as I know Shane wasn't hired for anything other than on screen talent. That could have changed though.
>>
File: 1462669674743.jpg (22KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1462669674743.jpg
22KB, 599x337px
>>1779770
Pretty good post famalam
>>
>>1780708
Samefag
>>
Apparently backstage rumor was Shane's booking ideas were actually always kind of terrible.
>>
>>1779770
This sounds legit.
>>
File: bork3.jpg (66KB, 612x574px) Image search: [Google]
bork3.jpg
66KB, 612x574px
>>1779770
>>
>>1779770
>>
>>1781068
This is based off one line of a forum post from Meltzer that he's never substantiated.

Shane was a huge proponent of The Attitude Era + building the WWF around Stone Cold.
>>
>>1779623
RAW feels way more like a Vince show than Smackdown
>>
>>1779770
Well written post
>>
>>1782266
>vanilla midgets running wild
>30 minutes of divashit
>a fat neckbeard as champion
>vince
>>
>>1782287
>Michael Cole on commentary
>directionless squash matches
>pointless matches with crap finishes
>RECAPS RECAPS RECAPS
>>
>>1779770

Roman and Seth aren't even over to the level of AJ.
>>
>>1780535

He's the bosses son and he grew up around the business. Even if he doesn't hold creative power in an official capacity, I'm sure he has his fathers ear.
>>
>>1782341

Also a good point, but past writers and other backstage people have always alluded to the idea that Shane's ideas weren't exactly great. He could have changed by now though I guess.
>>
>>1782256
Meltzer has talked about this a lot. Hardly "one line".
>>
>>1783058
[citation needed]
>>
>>1782266
Your opinion is contradicted by numerous reports, so who cares?
>>
>>1783077

Different guy, but I've heard him mention it on least two or three of the WOR that came out in the few weeks before or after WM this year when people were asking if Shane had any role beyond on air talent.
>>
>>1783083
Stephanie lined Dave's pockets with sheckles for that lie.
>>
>>1783083
If I had a Dime for every example he provided then I'd have...

ZERO DIMES
>>
>>1783077
He beat it to death on WOR every week when Shane came back.
>>
>>1779770
>Bryan and Shane probably DO make small suggestions every now and then

I think at this point, DB keeps his mouth shut and is happy to be getting a regular paycheck. other points are spot on though.
>>
>>1779770
>9)
I missed this about old Smackdown when Teddy was the GM, and this in general.
After years of this evil boss shit, I want to see what a steady good boss looks like. Teddy played the part of the poor schmuck teacher trying to keep order in a ghetto school well.
>>
Shane is a bold, energetic, pioneering business genius and Stephanie is a incompetent, catty, entitled idiot.

t. Me and my friend Mark
>>
>>1779770
11) (Fact) Network executives are behind everything.
>>
>>1783568

My dream is that Shane and HHH just gay marry each other one day. HHH can inherit the son he always wanted and Shane can get part of the company.
>>
>>1779621
Okay, so answer the other part of the question that Anon was asking.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (41KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
41KB, 480x480px
>>1779770
God damned good post
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.