[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking back at it... I don't even know why I thought Punk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: cm-punk-prime-266x300.png (180KB, 266x300px) Image search: [Google]
cm-punk-prime-266x300.png
180KB, 266x300px
Looking back at it...

I don't even know why I thought Punk even had a chance.
>>
Me too I had false hope
>>
cause the narrative sounded nice
>>
Probably because you don't know anything about MMA.

That's why I thought he had a chance.
>>
Punk gave hope to the rest of us losers with the philosophy of "Law of Attraction" in which if your positively envision something happening, it will happen.

This whole new age philosophy got BTFO in a matter of minutes. Thanks Mickey.
>>
No one genyinely thought he had a chance, they just wanted him to win for the memes and bantz.
>>
>>1772919
I thought about the possibility of Phil winning... except he's a delusional cunt going up against a 2-0 youngster.

Now Phil's going to be this sideshow attraction, getting his ass handed to him for money.
>>
If you thought he had a chance you're a fucking mark by definition.
>>
I thought he had a chance, and by that I mean I thought there was a change it would be rigged in his favor.
>>
I think it was more of a hope thing, also loa is not what they said ll it to be, every person is born with a limit (karma) can't bypass that, but you can work withing that, punk was not born to be a fighter or he has a long way to go, there are no shortcuts in life.
>>
>>1772919
>>1772923
>>1773433

Every adult knew he never had a chance from the very start
>>
>>1772924
>>1772925
these for me ;_;
>>
>>1772919
THE DIAZ BROTHAS BE KILLIN YOU
>>
>>1774196
WOODJA FIGHT ONE OF DEM?
>>
>>1772919
He spent 2 years training in one of the best gyms in the world. I can't understand how it was possible for him to be that shit, at some point one of his trainers must have realized that he has no chance, yet they let him fight anyway?

Or was Punks ego just so big that he couldn't accept that he sucks?
>>
>>1773185
This. I was quite certain Dana would arrange a victory in order to make his next PPV's buy rate even higher.
>>
>Fixed fight.
Dana paid punk to dive and look like a pussy.
Dana paid micky to beat the shit out of punk.
This is all to teach vince a lesson.
>Think about it
>>
File: 122384501042.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
122384501042.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>1774255
>>
>>1774228
>He spent 2 years training in one of the best gyms in the world. I can't understand how it was possible for him to be that shit
because 2 years is nothing? Gall is a literal rookie and has been training for 11 years
>>
It's been a week since his MMA career was killed and no posts on twitter, how long until he dares to rear his head in public?
>>
>>1774228
He hired a bunch of yes men
>>
File: visualize.jpg (50KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
visualize.jpg
50KB, 500x328px
I wonder what was Punk's plan
>>
>>1774722
Not sure about Punk, but his coaches told him to rush Mickey because from the tapes they have seen, nobody has done that to him.
>>
It's MMA, I thought that Punk could get a lucky shot and win the fight no different than in any other match, a good punch/kick/Knee can TKO the other guy and be done with, basically getting lucky.

That said I didn't expect him to win, just that there was a slim, very slim chance, that he could pull it off, and of course it didn't happen and the first thing the stupid idiot did was gallop at Gall and throw baby punches at him.

I fucking love how hopeless and miserable he looked at the end of the match, hell, I had a very good time too looking at him getting destroyed in the cage.
>>
>>1774744
hmm, a white belt rushing a brown belt
what could possibly go wrong?
>>
I never expected Phil to win, but I also wasn't expecting the fight to be over so damn quickly. At the very least, I thought he might have been able to do well enough to not get released from his UFC contract.
>>
He always had a punchers chance. Crazier shit has happened in MMA, seeing Batista won his fight. I never expected him to make it out the first round and honestly wanted him to get fucked up until he got in the Octagon. Wanted him to at least put up a fight as I did like the guy.
>>
>>1775039

>punchers chance

Pathetic whining vegan emo brats cannot throw a punch
>>
>>1772919
brain damage
>>
>>1772919
You don't know a lot of things
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>1773185
>>1774243
>>1774255
>>
>>1775039
Puncher's chance refers to people that can punch.
>>
Because I thought it was rigged
>>
>>1775039
A couple things though. First of all when you reduce someone to puncher's chance that says they're basically relying on a lucky hit, it already means they essentially have no real chance at victory. Second, when a puncher's chance is brought up the fighter has typically trained and drilled and sparred enough that their punches can be relied on to keep coming strong and cause significant damage on a solid connection. Punk had none of this.
>>
WWE Fans
>I think Punk might have a chance
>He could possibly get an upset for the LOLS
>After watching his videos and knowing nothing about MMA we still think he has a chance

MMA Fans
>Punk has NO chance
>2 weeks before fight - Punk looks good, he could be in with a chance actually
>Gall is a scrub, Punk might actually cause an upset
>SEE WE TOLD YOU PUNK GOT BTFO
>MMA GLORIOUS MASTER RACE

Why did MMA fans doubt their sport.
Punk caused enough doubt. I consider that a win.
>>
>>1775475
>Punk looks good
said nobody ever

he never looked good, even in his propaganda movie trying to make him look good
>>
File: 1467882812514.jpg (8KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1467882812514.jpg
8KB, 250x238px
>>1775475
No.
Those of us, who are avid mma fans, knew he had 0 chance of winning.
>>
File: 1471296647200.png (51KB, 200x195px)
1471296647200.png
51KB, 200x195px
>>1775489
>us, avid mma fans
>>
>>1775475
Everybody has been saying he'll get wrecked since day one no matter what shit fake sport they follow

This is CM Punk we're talking about, the biggest numale pussy in wrestling not someone with an actual chance like lesnar
>>
>>1772919
I think it's natural for people to gravitate to underdogs. Also with all that shit that happened with WWE at first alot of people were on his side. It became more and more apparent punk is a asshole though. We all got caught up in the hype.
>>
File: Ankha 5.png (24KB, 436x253px) Image search: [Google]
Ankha 5.png
24KB, 436x253px
>Wanted him to lose
>Expected him to lose
>He lost harder than I expected
>>
>>1774228
Duke Rufus was in it for the money too. He was even starting to show his hand closer to that fight that he thought punk had no chance because he started talking about doing things for his family.
>>
>>1775475
There are two kinds of mma fans. The hardcore fans and the filthy casuals that watch mma for the same reason WWE fans watch WWE. The hype. You're thinking of the casuals.
>>
>>1772919
As a MMA fan I start getting nervous close to big fights that everyone is treating as foregone conclusions, since a lot of the time it turns out that the fight is a lot closer than people think. Best recent examples are Robbie Lawler vs Tyron Woodley and Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz (the first one).
I got that same feeling leading up to this fight, but as soon as Gall got a hold of Punk's legs I knew it was over.
>>
I thought it was going to be rigged that's why I thought he had a chance.
>>
>>1772927
Based Mickey Gall slaying false doctrine.
>>
I'm a fan of Punk and I knew without a doubt he would get his dick kicked in. And he can go on about being a learning experiences and building on it, but if he does it again he's also going to get his dick kicked in.

Punk is not a fighter and never will be. He's a pro wrestler and always has been. He'll have that little epiphany a little too late.
>>
>>1777216
He just wanted to get into in mma because it's big (from his own word). He's just a diva, he would suck cocks if it was big.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.