[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could he defeat Ken Shamrock? Not prime Shamrock, but the current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

Could he defeat Ken Shamrock?

Not prime Shamrock, but the current old man who was KOed by Kimbo
>>
yeah probably
>>
Punk couldn't defeat the average couch potato in a fight
>>
>>1768441
I got shamrock in that fight
>>
>>1768441
No. Shamrock is a broken down shell of a man who even in his prime was more physical specimen than skilled fighter, but he's much bigger, much stronger and has enough experience to crush Punk. Kimbo could've beat the shit out of Punk too.
>>
Shamrock is a real fighter, Phil wouldn't stand a chance
>>
I think any wwe guy would beat punk, he's just physically weak.
>>
>>1768441
>Could he defeat--

No.
>>
>>1768441

No.

The pathetic whining vegan emo brat cannot defeat any fighter on Earth.
>>
>>1768441

Shamrock is a champion fighter with years of actual technique and has old man anger

CM Punk's greatest accomplishment is getting a pepsi tattoo
>>
>>1768582
Could I beat cm punk in a fight?
>>
>>1768586

If you can throw 1 punch that actually connects you will be a better fighter than cm punk
>>
>>1768586

I know absolutely nothing about you but I can state with 100% confidence that you would beat him easily.
>>
File: 0t3tka0hzqlx.jpg (69KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0t3tka0hzqlx.jpg
69KB, 1080x1080px
>>1768441
Phillip couldn't even beat Becky Lynch in a fight
>>
>>1768441

Bellator would book this, it would draw big with wrestling fans. old beaten up Shamrock would tap him out, Punk is younger but a complete novice.
>>
File: Hornswoggle.jpg (22KB, 457x385px) Image search: [Google]
Hornswoggle.jpg
22KB, 457x385px
>>1768441

Phil's next fight\defeat......
>>
>>1768441
shamrock by ko in 22 seconds
>>
>>1768625
Hornswoggle will dominate punk on the ground
>>
>>1768625
Is this Floyd Mayweather? I though he was smaller...
>>
>>1768755

stay bitter Phil
>>
>>1768488
I got corpse Kimbo in that fight
>>
Does anyone have any idea how many elite fighters lost their first pro fight.

Seriously. This is ridiculous. The amount of hate this guy gets for taking his first shot and losing is crazy.

How many guys...seriously...how many guys have a girl in their bedroom (when they're about to lose their cherry) say something or do something stupid that makes the girl walk right out of the room.

Ken Shamrock is an old man. He's got hella miles on him from fighting all over the world and he takes dives.

CM Punk should fight in the UFC again.

He trained at a real gym and did what every guy does when they have their first pro-fight:

Throw the game plan right out the window. It takes a ridiculous amount of discipline NOT to do that. It takes most guys 3 or 4 fights to be able to hear their coaches.

Most guys stepping on the mat for a first jiujitsu lesson aren't composed.

I'm surprised he didn't tap to the strikes.
>>
>>1768815

Hello phil
>>
>>1768441
If he runs at him like a careless idiot then no
>>
>>1768441
>Could he
>Could

No.

Have sex.
>>
ken shamrock has been throwing fights lately, he threw it against kimbo, he threw it against royce, he'll throw it against phil
>>
File: shamrock.jpg (102KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
shamrock.jpg
102KB, 640x427px
>>1768853
Nah the Royce loss was legit at least, he got kneed in the junk and went down, ref didn't catch it. He was turbo assmad when the ref called it, practically crying, screaming like a madmad that Royce did it on purpose to screw him over.
>>
>>1768853

He didn't throw the Kimbo or Gracie fights, he just sucks now due to age and injuries.

That said he'd still crush little emo Phil in 20 seconds.
>>
>>1769042
based shamrock dude is so cool and idk why
>>
>>1768585
>old man anger

Jesus I popped at this..
>>
>>1768815
Punk would have been crazy for not taking a 500k payday for just turning up.

Saying that, if his intention was to win and/or build a career, he should have done some low key indie fights to find out if he has the knack for it.

You don't have your first flight lesson in a packed boeing 747 for a reason
>>
>>1769181
That's fair and I hear that argument all the way around but where do most of these MMA fighters come from anyway.

People act like there is a proper farming system in the sport to begin with.

Yes, a lot of them were D1 wrestlers, Grappling champions or kickboxers at a very high level before they transitioned to MMA but its not like there's a draft.

Urijah Faber has been trying to institute a proper system from bringing guys in but really - its whoever has a 4 or 5 fight win record and a call from a manager to Joe Silva.

CM Punk is a product of that administrative vagary.

Its not the most egregious signing in UFC history.
>>
>>1769366
>That's fair and I hear that argument all the way around but where do most of these MMA fighters come from anyway.
Typically people who've been training seriously for years in both relevant disciplines and MMA itself, with at least a few pro fights to their name in smaller promotions. All things CM Punk lacked.

>Its not the most egregious signing in UFC history.
Who is in your opinion, then? Legit curious.
>>
>>1769366

>Its not the most egregious signing in UFC history

Yes he is. There has literally never been a worse signing than the emo guy
>>
>>1770028
>> Typically people who've been training seriously for years in both relevant disciplines and MMA itself, with at least a few pro fights to their name in smaller promotions. All things CM Punk lacked.

Absolutely common place. Yes. The majority of the roster has a competitive combat sports and martial arts background.

But I would credit Punk for how he approached his training, given the accelerated nature of his entry into the locker room.

How many stories have we heard about in MMA history that involved a fighter staying single-mindedly determined for one fight that took over 18 months to prepare for.

That's a lot of moxy. You have got to give the guy credit. He was hungry and diligent to make up on the ground he lacked competitively.

>>1770625

>> Who is in your opinion, then? Legit curious.

Look, in modern history he might be one of the worst signings but I have always had a sore spot for some of the clown acts that come off of TUF.

Gabe Ruedigar and Junie Browning are couple of guys I wouldn't let use a pen never mind apply its ink to a UFC contract.

At least CM Punk is disciplined.
>>
>>1768607
She has big arms
>>
>>1771438
>the majority of the roster
No nigga, every single debuting fighter has more than 2 years of training in relevant disciplines and pro fights in smaller leagues to their name. The sport has grown enough that they don't have to sign bums off the street because they happen to be interested anymore, you've gyms and smaller leagues pretty much everywhere in the world. You said there isn't a proper farming system to try and justify Punk's entry and the fact of the matter is, everything not the UFC or Bellator is a farming system for those two by virtue of them having more money.

>I would credit Punk for how he approached his training
Stop shifiting goalposts. Every pro fighter ever trains for several months to prepare for a specific opponent, moreso in big matchups, it's how the sport works. Punk did nothing special except have the money and fame to buy his way into consistently training at a top gym where younger, better fighters might struggle to do so because of monetary issues. Everyone knew and would tell you he wasn't anywhere near ready for a fight except on the bush leagues against complete amateurs.

>the clown acts that come off of TUF
You mean all those people with actual years of training and fighting experience to them? Granted TUF is a joke nowadays, completely unnecessary now that there's solid regional circuits to pick fighters from, but everyone that went through the show is a more credible UFC fighter than CM "No Strikes" Punk. If you really wanted Punk-tier fighters you should've brought up the bar brawlers and fatasses coming in with a made up martial art as their background, and I think several of those might've beat him anyway.
>>
>>1768815
A lot of elite fighters lose their first fights. Phil is not an elite fighter. He is a one stripe white belt with basic stand up. He has no business fighting at the highest level of the sport. Phil should be fighting in amateur MMA matches, not the UFC.
>>
>>1771480
for you
>>
>>1771438

>Gabe Ruedigar and Junie Browning

Both of these men would destroy CM Emo

Little whining Phil is literally the worse "fighter" in UFC history
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.