[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The people making fun of CM Punk are unhappy with themselves.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: Russo.jpg (134KB, 681x357px) Image search: [Google]
Russo.jpg
134KB, 681x357px
>The people making fun of CM Punk are unhappy with themselves. He left the money on the table at WWE because he wasn't happy working there and went and did something that was his dream. It's irrelevant that he lost

Is he right?
>>
Hes got somewhat of a point, but CM Punk still got embarrassed in front of alot of people
>>
>that snowflake syndrome

People are making fun of Punk because he was humiliated in a public sphere.

Are we really not meant to laugh at X Factor contestants who do not know they cannot hit a note?

Should we not chuckle about the Mark Sanchez butt fumble, or the Steven Gerrard slip ever again?

Fine, these guys have various loyalties to people that they either personally know, or who have feuds with people they have feuds with. But if they all say we "can't" laugh at CM Punk for being an absolute fucking failure in UFC, then they are basically turning into SJWs, and I have no time for that.
>>
wrestling was his dream

i don't believe all this poppycock how "oh its been his lifelong dream to fight in the ufc since he was a toddler"

fuck off no it wasn't. hes wanted to be a wrestler forever. ufc wasn't even popular when he was younger probably wasn't even interested in it until brock showed some success
>>
>>1767958
>you can only have one dream
>>
>>1767919
I dony make fun of him because he wanted to fight in the ufc and lost. I make fun of him because he was an obnoxious delusional cocksuckers who thought he was the best in the world and that he could handle a professional fighter despite having only two years of training and literally a 0-0 amatuer record before jumping into the big leagues. I hate miss matches where one big clearly shouldn't be there, but considering cm punks delusional cocky attitude I say he got what was coming to him.
>>
>>1767931
People act like that's this end all be all.
Guys-its just losing a fight. Holy fuck please gain age so you realize that's nothing
>>
>>1768024
He got zeros across the board on offense. That's a lot more embarrassing than simply losing a fight.
>>
>>1768052
Shibata got merced by cans in MMA on a regular basis, which if anything was actually better for his wrestling career.

Batista only just managed to beat a fat, clearly unfit substitute can in his MMA fight.
>>
>>1768024
It's not just that he lost though. It never was.

If Punk had just walked into UFC and got his ass kicked, no one would have cared. But that's not what happened. The guy continued to have his head firmly shoved up his own asshole. He had his own documentary that tried to paint him like this Rocky figure who would go all the way and shock the world. And what happened? He literally couldn't even throw one single punch. 2 years of training, all that hype from his own camp, and the motherfucker can't even throw a God damn punch. He is a complete joke and everyone knows it. People in the industry are just polite it because they know damn well Punk can't feel any worse. There is no lower he can go, so why bother kicking the dude?
>>
>>1768083
Rocky got outperformed the entire fight and lost at the end of the first movie, dude.
>>
>>1767958

Absolutely this. His dream was headlining Wrestlemania. UFC only started getting big in the late 2000's. When he rage quit WWE he didn't want to take what would be perceived as a step backwards (TNA, ROH) so went to what pro wrestling has evolved into. It was a supremely arrogant move because he thought he could do it in his late 30's without any professional athletic background, no boxing experience, no amateur wrestling.

He stopped talking to his best friend in the wrestling biz just because he went to a WWE show, that's how much of a petty victim he is. He predictably got stomped in UFC and I've laughed about it everyday since.
>>
>>1768094
It's.
Not.
Your.
Fault.
>>
>>1768091
Actually the end of the film is Creed winning by split decision. Rocky lasted the whole fight, and even in defeat managed to look strong. Even in lasting the whole fight he shocked the world.

That's the point I was trying to make though. Punk put up NO FIGHT. Gall could have finished him in seconds if he wanted, but it's not like he had to break a sweat with this loser, so I don't blame him.
>>
Why is everyone trying to pretend that Punk wasn't talking massive shit and being his typical arrogant, egotistical self before the fight?

No amount of 180ing on his part will change that he got embarrassed live on pay per view. He should have pulled a Ronda Rousey and exiled himself.
>>
>>1768130
>getting worked by pre-fight banter
>>
He is right, it's always the losers and underachievers that laugh at others, this is just a fact of life.
>>
>>1768064
batista managed to have self-awareness and enough perspective to realize he didn't belong in a professional fucking fight, IE, maturity

>>1768130
it's the current year
>>
File: the punk effect2.jpg (2MB, 1692x4500px) Image search: [Google]
the punk effect2.jpg
2MB, 1692x4500px
>>1768024
People meme on him for a variety of reasons.
>left the only business he'd ever really belonged to in a huff
>burned nearly every single bridge possible in the process
>shittalked the entirety of pro wrestling despite often talking about his love for it prior
>decided he'd do MMA at 37 with zero experience in any relevant skillset
>got picked up by the UFC as a quick and obvious cash grab for his notoriety
>debut is delayed for two years because he's a broken down pro wrestler with no skills
>fans of the sport are bombarded with material trying to paint him as a scrappy admirable underdog
>everyone knows this is someone famous using his pull to get somewhere he shouldn't be
>for hardcore fans, this is extra shitty considering the many elite competitors yet to sign with the UFC
>just imagine what an up and coming fighter could do with all expenses paid at a top gym like Roufusport
>everyone knows he's gonna get fucked, despite insistence to the contrary
>he's finally humiliated in pay per view, that everyone expected it only made it funnier

Yes, getting choked out within 2.15 minutes and scoring zero offense is a big one, but that's just the end result everyone but the most self-deluded or ignorant knew was coming from day one. It's the entire experience, in particular the alienating of part of his fanbase and never really belonging in MMA in any way that have led to the ridicule. MMA fans have pretty much moved on, the card where he fought had a heavyweight title defense on it and that mattered, it was /asp/ that shit on him the hardest after the loss.
>>
>>1767919
>muh dream
>muh bravery
>muh "haters don't have the balls to fight"
>>
>>1768064
Shibata's case is different. He didn't openly and vocally burn bridges even if his switch to MMA wasn't exactly taken well, he was much younger to the point where he actually had the time to go back to pro wrestling while he can still perform athletically and there's a very strong link between MMA and pro wrestling in Japan which facilitates the switch. He still fought like shit and isn't at all respected from a fighting standpoint.

Batista barely managed to beat a fatass can but he won, which is more Punk can say. He also didn't use his fame to try and get into a major league promotion from the outset, realized MMA wasn't for him after his one disastrous fight and dropped the pretense. He's still a laughingstock for MMA fans, but he wasn't anywhere near as overexposed and insufferable about the switch as Punk was.
>>
>>1767919

Yes and no. Yes, Punk did what he wanted to do and failed. Dude deserves some props for that. He was also a massive douche about it and deserves to gets his ego taken down a couple notches.
>>
>>1767919
No, because Punk just proved that he sucks at what he wants to do. Does he need to rewatch Wreck it Ralph again before he can accept that he should stick to what he's good at, and that's not a bad thing because what he's good at makes people happy? He's gotta love him before he can be happy.
>>
>>1767937
I'm more perplexed by those saying ''w/e he's still rich and fucks AJ every night :^)'' Motherfucker, are you projecting his wealth on your broke ass to make yourself look right?
>>
if you hate you have problem in your lie lel lmao xD :3 ~:33 ^___^ fuck the hate.
>>
>>1768094
>UFC wasn't big until the late 2000s

this board is 18+
>>
>>1768191
but do you have the balls?

can you also get into the physical shape required?

I hear internet addiction is hard to shake
>>
>>1768401
If I got into UFC I'd have my ass handed to me before I could even throw a single punch. Just like Punk, except I don't pretend I'm good.
>>
>>1768409
If you got into the UFC at all it'd be because you've somehow, as a 4chan user, put in the training and the impressive fights needed to be given at least a shot somewhere in the prelims. You wouldn't have the option of being brought in as a circus attraction like Punk.
>>
>>1767919
The problem is that CM Punk wanting to become an MMA fighter was fully driven by his ego. He left money in the table at WWE because he never main-evented Wrestlemania and allegedly medical problems (which is why he's sued the WWE) and that made him butthurt enough so he couls consider UFC as the best and only good way to say fuck you to Vince, HHH and all of the creative team for "not supporting him", the 434 days long WWE champion.

So, he lost his smile and "passion" for pro-wrestling (when really the only thing it was hurted is his pride) and went to MMA because he really thought he could make it, that he could beat anybody, that martial arts are easy and that he's in the perfect shape to even start training, and he hurted himself TWICE just
training and throwing punches like a sissy. Then, 2 years later, he went to the ring against a guy more experienced than him, more athletic than him and kicked his ass in 2:14 minutes and embarrased him in front of millions of people.

In the end, Punk is only guilty of himself becoming a joke, so fuck you Vince Russo for being a SJW and treating a griwn man who should've knew better as a special snowflake
>>
>>1768669
>The problem is that CM Punk wanting to become an MMA fighter was fully driven by his ego.

Like literally every MMA fighter before him. Kill yourself.
>>
>he left the money on the table look how great he is!
Did he not listen to the podcast where Punk is gleefully gloating about how much money he made from royalties and the lawsuit after he left?
>>
>>1768673
>comparing the desire of someone to prove to himself that he can do it to the desire of a butthurt man to shove his fake-fighting followers in the ass by fighting for real

Kill yourself
>>
>>1768680
pretty common thing to do when you know you're going down slow and desperately need to save face

he was a top guy for ten seconds and people act like he's some entertainment icon who can sit on royalties for all eternity

if he as "F U money", then what does Vince have?
>>
>>1767919
>his dream
His dream was to be a pro wrestler
>>
>>1768726
his dream was to main event wrestlemania
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.