[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGs BRImD0po Is this the gr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: Jericho_debut[1].jpg (106KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Jericho_debut[1].jpg
106KB, 1600x900px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGsBRImD0po

Is this the greatest debut ever?

>that pop when his name comes up on the screen
>first promo is against The Rock at the height of his popularity
>instantly gains heat through great mic skills
>Rock destroys him
>crowd into the entire segment from start to finish
>>
In my opinion, through the test of time Jericho is way better than Rock on the mic.
>>
>>1765834
the worst kept secret in the history of wrestling
>>
>>1766661
>remember that shitter /wwe/ babbies pretend smark crowds didn't exist in the 90s
>>
>>1765834
Have seen the video way too many times.

Hands down the GOAT
>>
>>1765834
Shinsuke's debut was better.
>>
>>1766684
>Never in my life have I felt an energy in the building like I did when Nakamura walked out at the NXT show. It was next level shit, like a mild psychotropic drug induced state. The guy had complete unfettered control of the crowd the entire time, like some weird spazzy pro wrestling pied piper. It was amazing.
>You just have to experience it for yourself in person, I cannot do it justice with words.
>>
>>1765834

>In term's of a debut pop

yes

The outsiders had a way more My god wtf is happening feel, one of genuine shock

Just a matter of preference
>>
>>1766695
Outsiders didn't debut together
>>
File: Happyface.png (73KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Happyface.png
73KB, 250x250px
>>1765834
One of my favourite childhood memories, desu
>>
File: 1461235509211.jpg (267KB, 992x1372px) Image search: [Google]
1461235509211.jpg
267KB, 992x1372px
>>1765834
>top 5 debuts/returns of all time are all JeriGOAT

How does he do it?
>>
>>1766743
Styles in both WWE & NJPW is a contender
>>
>Now, let's go over the facts. Television ratings: downward spiral. Pay-Per-View buyrates: plummeted. Mainstream acceptance: non-existent. And reactions of the live crowd: complete and utter silence.
>And I know why you're silent. You're silent because you're embarrassed to be here. And quite honestly I'm embarrassed for you. And the reason why you're embarrassed is because of the steady stream of uninteresting, untalented, mediocre "Sports-Entertainers", for who you're forced to cheer for and care for. No wonder you're not cheering.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1766846
What's really sad is that people made the joke he could cut this exact promo only mean it during his 2007 return.
>>
File: 1433809177758.jpg (66KB, 576x478px) Image search: [Google]
1433809177758.jpg
66KB, 576x478px
>>1766855
And then he did in 2016
https://youtu.be/9rEdeJMhkxI?t=125

>One minute of Y2J already more entertaining than the rest of RAW
>>
>>1766863
2K16 babyface Jericho was so awful.

ROOTY
>>
he pissed me off in 2012 with 9 minutes of running around the outside of the ring in his litebright jacket yelling CMON BAYBAY

he got me good there
>>
>>1766846
He truly was the Millennium Man. He saw the future.
>>
>>1766865
That was purposely to build towards the heel turn
>>
>>1766878
He already fooled me once with that during his 2007 return, not buying that excuse again.
>>
>>1766865
t. fat smark

KYS
>>
>>1766695
Not really. Everyone knew they were leaving to go to WCW. Hogan's heel turn with them will never be topped though.
>>
>>1766889
BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON
>>
>>1766661
That's what made it so great. It was in the middle of the Monday Night Wars, everyone knew he was coming, they were even chanting his name when the lights went out, and they went nuts when he came out. It was like when Schiavone spoiled Mankind winning the WWF title on Raw, it was still hype as fuck.
>>
>>1766887
>fedoramen is mad again
>>
What would have happened if WCW had used guys like Jericho, Steve Austin, and Mick Foley to their fullest potential? Would they have survived to this day?

Imagine a WCW headlined by Austin, Jericho, Cactus Jack, Booker T, and Big Poppa Pump.
>>
>>1765834
Kane's was better
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBiGXrDCKw4

This is the GOAT debut. You idiot attitude era marks need to fucking leave already.
>>
>>1767395
Careful, your false-flag is showing.
>>
>>1766865
Face Jericho always sucks when he comes back.

Heel Jericho delivers gold every single time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMFyeoVmqcg

Someone posted this some weeks ago in a "favorite moments" thread, and got me into buying a month of the wwe network to watch the old stuff with it.

There's SO MANY good raw and smackdown shows it's stupid, it's like most of them are ppv levels, and there's so much talent going around and everyone acts like the belts actually mean something instead of just a excuse to make people fight, it's a shame about how bad things are now though...I admit that thanks to the network now I'm quite spoiled and don't care too much about the current wwe.
>>
>>1767428
Jericho/Benoit vs. HHH/Austin for the tag titles on Raw where HHH tore his quad is an amazing match too.
>>
>>1766885
It's hard to be a babyface during a debut/return of a big star because people like them so much.
>>
>>1767428
It was me. This was one of my favourite moments watching WWE. I still remember watching this live in the living room with my friends and all of us loosing our shit.

People forget that the Attitude Era used to draw big ratings because literally anything could happen during any show. You'd go into RAW with one champion and leave with another.
>>
>>1769412
>People forget that the Attitude Era used to draw big ratings because literally anything could happen during any show. You'd go into RAW with one champion and leave with another.

Triple H won the latest rumble, and didn't defend a single time the title until wrestlemania.

really makes you think....
>>
>>1769399
That's got nothing to do with him pretending he came back as a lame babyface.
>>
>>1765834
at that point people didnt think it as segment it felt more real and less PG so it was still cool unlike what wrestling is now in wweak
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.