[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In all the time I've been a fan of pro wrestling, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

>In all the time I've been a fan of pro wrestling, I've never been more concerned, or more scared, about its future. Not that the business won't be around, because WWE has so much money, but that pro wrestling, unless the problems are addressed, will end up at a lower level of popularity than at any time in recent memory.

>To look at the 1992-1995 period in the U.S. and say things were far worse, and in ways they were far worse, misses a major point. Yes, revenues were far lower, and about the only promoter in the U.S. running at a profit was Jerry Jarrett with the USWA. But it felt like there were people interested in wrestling, and more, there were so many things about wrestling being done internationally, in particular in Japan and Mexico, that were revolutionary at the time.

>There were many great wrestlers around who, often because of size, had not been exposed to the U.S. fan base. There were ideas that could shake things up, such as the UWFI vs. New Japan feud in Japan that Eric Bischoff saw at a sold out Tokyo Dome which led to the NWO angle that was one of the things that started the ball rolling. There was ECW as a cult favorite, using both ideas from Japan, creating new talent, and some new ideas that started getting a cult following. Today, there is none of that. While Mexico is doing fine, the smaller guys doing incredible high spots that was one of the new innovations of the late 90s, has already been done in the U.S.

>Today, the public has seen every great high flying move and due to so many injuries, WWE has shied away from "holy shit" moments. The ECW hardcore, taken from FMW in Japan, with the table breaking and heavy usage of weapons and blood, came, was hot, but has been passe for some time.

>There is no new style, new angle, or new wrestlers making their mark overseas that can be imported to make things fresh.
>>
>>1754393
Quoting who exactly anon?
>>
>>1754393
and then comes TNA with their pseudo MMA belt

fake shooting and MMA/pro wrestling hybrid work will be the next meme

screenshot this
>>
Cringey blog post OP

Sucks you're sad that wrestling will be "less popular". High School sucks, hang in there.
>>
WWE and pro wrestling aren't the same thing, anon.

As a whole pro wrestling has never been stronger. The indies have never been stronger, and there's a fair number of mid-range promotions like NJPW and LU that are thriving right now.

There's more quality wrestling talent in the world than ever, don't let the roster mismanagement on Raw fool you.
>>
>>1754433
le meltz

seems like this is a post from the end of 2004
>>
>>1754433

Bryan Alvarez
>>
>>1754393
>There is no new style, new angle, or new wrestlers making their mark overseas that can be imported to make things fresh.

But this is wrong. They're bringing in a lot of Japanese talent because that style is attractive. The fact that AJ Styles and Finn Balor were also in Japan for years before being signed is an indication.

What they want is that Japanese style that looks like actual fighting in hopes of bringing back all the people they lost to MMA.

Also the fact that weapons and tables aren't being used as much is because they overused them. At one point you had a table spot every other match and it just got boring. I mean really how am I, as a fan, supposed to feel invested in an elimination chamber match if you're having 2 of them in one PPV? Same goes for Hell in a Cell and TLC that got turned into PPVs.

Now that they barely use stipulations in matches they have a chance of making them into actual events again and useful in story telling. The only time two people should step into a Hell in a Cell is if they've had a long feud and there's just no other way of finishing it than locking themselves up until one man walks out.

More importantly WWE need to book long term again. In the end that's what is killing the company. You can't be having a story line end after one or two PPs.
>>
Faggot like Alvarez isn't even worth responding.
>>
>>1754393
Have sex
>>
>>1754450
it's been meme'd
>>
>>1754480
WWE will never do it because you can't do 300 shows a year with that style.
>>
File: 1469232416001.png (6KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
1469232416001.png
6KB, 377x330px
1. raw doesnt need to be 10 hours long
2. do we need two shows? Smackdown was made to compete with WCW's extra show lol
3.An unsaid reason people ignore for shit ratings is cord cutting, WWE is actually did a good move by creating the streaming network, ratings for cable are down across the board, kids today are on their face spaces and twatters, they stream shit, no one has figured out how to make money from this anymore.
4.WWE is a monopolistic bully that destroys all of their competition and has become lazy and stale because lack of said competition
5.WWE got cucked by dana white and he has stolen a lot of their audience
6.Lucha underground is a pretty interesting innovation even if some people dont like it.
7. WWE is not in tune with pop culture, they still have the same generic buttrock soundtrack from the late 90's they hire florida and puff daddy to perform at PPV'S.......
8. Unfortunaly i think the SJW stuff may be needed as a shock tactic, hiring the first tranny diva, getting fag wrestlers, that might get some headlines, they need to figure out which one of the New day they will rocket to the moon as the first black champ, promote him on all the urban media, radio stations, award shows, etc.
>>
Did WWE think splitting up the brands would create more fans?
If the material is pretty much the same you're basically splitting a 10 dollar bill into two 5's, the outcome is the same.
>>
>>1755397

I think the biggest point here is that WWE has fallen out of pop culture. Watching a wrasslin match wasn't considered to be a redneck or neckbeard thing before, where now you have to hide the fact that you watch it. Entrenching itself in pop culture, without being obnoxious, is what the WWE needs.
>>
>>1755631
>Watching a wrasslin match wasn't considered to be a redneck or neckbeard thing before

LOL
>>
>>1755698
To be honest, from 97 to around 2002 it wasn't. It was mainstream as fuck.
>>
File: 1987965454.jpg (46KB, 620x932px) Image search: [Google]
1987965454.jpg
46KB, 620x932px
>>1754393
>>In all the time I've been a fan of pro wrestling, I've never been more concerned, or more scared, about its future. Not that the business won't be around, because WWE has so much money, but that pro wrestling, unless the problems are addressed, will end up at a lower level of popularity than at any time in recent memory.
>>
>>1754393
I have an idea for a brilliant innovation!

It's called

Get this!

It's called...

Telling a story.
>>
>>1757342
Shut up Corgan, nobody's watching TNA.
>>
>>1755631
>Watching a wrasslin match wasn't considered to be a redneck or neckbeard thing before,

Yes it was, people just weren't pussies about watching wrestling. It's entertainment. If someone can watch the Kardashians, Game of Thrones or whatever the fuck else is on tv you can watch wrestling and not have to give an explanation about it. Man the fuck up.
>>
How much time did it take you to shitpost all of this?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.