[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's go back in time a few months. What if, immediately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Vince-Russo-Jim-600x250.jpg (23KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
Vince-Russo-Jim-600x250.jpg
23KB, 600x250px
Let's go back in time a few months.

What if, immediately after the brand split, Vince hired Russo and gave him RAW, then hired Cornette and gave him Smackdown.

Which brand would be the most over today?
>>
>>1753043
Both would be dead
>>
Russo, I guess.

Cornette has always been a pretty bad booker, and considering his hard on for THE GOOD OL' DAYS OF REGIONAL OUTLAWS, I can see Smackdown taking a dive.
>>
It would be the other way around: Cornette on RAW and make it a family-friendly, good v evil 80s rasslin show.

Russo to Smackdown Live and producing edgier content and really feeding off the "This is live, folks - anything could happen" angle.

SDL would get the bigger spike in interest, as it would be the more significantly different offering to the current product.

But both would be doing better than they currently are.
>>
>>1753043
Raw would be most over because the constant shock-factor would be an onslaught of memes and (negative) public exposure.
Cornette's would have a few decent stories, fairly consistent characters, but would ultimately be boring as fuck, because he's stuck in a bygone era that nobody wants anymore.
>>
>>1753067
You joking? Russo would make everything a swerve, and every other match would be "x on a pole match"

Russo is an awful writer. His shit only worked in WWF in the first place because Vince was there to filter out all the retarded ideas. Russo off his leesh is always a fucking disaster.
>>
>>1753043
Cornette is smarter but a bit too old fashioned. He wouldnt fit a post kayfabe environment, most likely. Best case scenario is we get more "The Revival" type booking.
Russo has no respect for the business and is borderline illiterate. He'd lobby for bra and panties matches again.
>>
Raw would smash SD for the first 3/4+months, then everyone would switch to SD and raw would fade into obscurity
>>
>>1753084
>He'd lobby for bra and panties matches again
I fail to see the problem
>>
>>1753043
>Raw would just be swerve city every episode
>Smackdown would have a bunch of older wrestlers from the 80s that just want to retire but Cornette pays them too much not to
>>
>>1753043

I would switch shows, russo would run away with the "SD LIVE BABY" cornette would be a smark favorite, but I feel russo would kill it in ratings just for the sheer spectical
>>
>>1753080
Russo does his shitty gimmick matches once he has run out of ideas for skits. He's not a booker, he's a screenwriter. He could go in there with easily 2-3 months of crumby ideas that would be paced just right with cliffhangers and reveals each week that you wouldn't know you were being strung along until a few months later.

That's what I'm saying. I don't think there's anything in my post that suggests Russo is an asset to booking. But both would def have improved the current content, without a doubt.
>>
>>1753092
It would be a horrendous P.R. move. Not worth the hit to the stock.
>>
>>1753164

Now it would be since we had botcha banks make "a statement" about those type of matches. But stockholders go where the money is, if bra and panty matches drew (which they do) it wouldn't be a problem. The problem is vinces wife is (still trying) to run for a public office, so now we have a childrens tv show
>>
>>1753080
>His shit only worked in WWF in the first place because Vince was there to filter out all the retarded ideas
You mean, just like he would be in this hypothetical scenario that you're saying wouldn't work?
>>
Well, putting aside their past accomplishments, having sat through both of these men's modern what-if booking specials: they'd fucking kill WWE. That would be an awful fucking idea.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.