[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree on the fact that Dean Ambrose was one of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 6

Can we all agree on the fact that Dean Ambrose was one of the worst world champions in history?

>shitty matches
>sloppy, lame wrestling if he doesn't have weapons, his moveset is one of the worst in the company
>boring promos with no intensity
>le cool, relaxed fringy dude
>weak physique, normal height, cut, but still very skinny

So overall he has been quite awful actually.
>>
File: 1437032288526.png (245KB, 421x316px) Image search: [Google]
1437032288526.png
245KB, 421x316px
Yes
>>
Better than Diesel.
>>
>>1746180
not really. diesel had one of the most memorable matches ever with bret
>>
Yep, even miz was a better champion than him
>>
>>1746205
>one of the most memorable matches ever

That's quite the exaggeration don't you think?
>>
>>1746232
no

18+

first table spot in wwe
>>
>>1746232
most memorable matches in Nash's career at least
>>
>>
>>1746237
copied from Sabu, even Bret was able to admit this
>>
so?
>>
>>1746237
Harley Race took a table bump nearly a decade prior on Saturday Night's Main Event.

Wow, it's not even memorable for a trivia factoid!

>the state of Nash cucks
>>
>>1746257
>Harley Race

60-
>>
>>1746232
No.

I will take any opportunity to bury Kevin Nash's worthless career, but that match is literally the best example of a guy being able to put on a good match with a broom.

Also, one of the first table spots in WWE programming, so it has its own historical legacy.
>>
>>1746259
My Dad isn't even in his 60s yet.
>>
>>1746172
Yes, I've been saying this for a while now.
Don't just limit him to WWE though, he's one of the worst of any company.
>>
There's only so much blame that can be placed on Dean for his shitty reign.

He was treated like the Number 2 guy from the moment the Shield split. There was a time the majority of people were crazy for Dean and he just kept losing over and over again to Seth Rollins and then to Bray Wyatt (who has it even worse than Dean does and lacks credibility for the same reasons) and then to Roman Reigns.

They give him the championship in a cash-in after two years of treating him like a midcarder and then they finally start giving him clean wins and pushing him as a main eventer.

Then they put him in Smackdown, the B-Show, and have him be on a feud with Ziggler, who has been treated as an even bigger joke than Dean. The match is not even the fourth biggest match of the PPV. No one gives a fuck.

His credibility was in rehabilitation to put it lightly and, to be completely fair, Ambrose didn't do anything in particular to rise above his situation, he half assed his run the same way WWE half assed him until two months ago.

To make matters worse, he's great on the mic but 90% of his promos are scripted like shit and his character is overly cartoony and family-friendly.

Despite aaaaaallllllllll of the shit I wrote above, AJ Styles is, true to his gimmick, phenomenal and he and Dean Ambrose had great chemistry, worked hard and had a really good match together. It helped a lot that Styles is as good as he is and was coming hot out of his win over Cena.

Now the question is: How the fuck is AJ Styles gonna get a reign any better than Ambrose's going forward? Look at Smackdown's roster. Who the fuck is Styles gonna feud with? Ambrose for the next four months? John Cena when he comes back, I guess? Randy Orton? Other than that there's literally nobody.

I feel bad for everyone stuck on Smackdown, but then again, I feel just as bad for everyone stuck on Raw. It really feels like you want to be on NXT all of your WWE career.
>>
>>1746172
Seth Rollins was much worse.
>>
>>1746301
>Who the fuck is Styles gonna feud with? Ambrose for the next four months? John Cena when he comes back, I guess? Randy Orton? Other than that there's literally nobody.
Samoa Joe.
>>
File: 1471850728334.gif (3MB, 320x205px) Image search: [Google]
1471850728334.gif
3MB, 320x205px
>>1746301
>There's only so much blame that can be placed on Dean for his shitty reign.

stopped reading right there. all the blame is on him for being so shit in the ring and not giving a fuck
>>
>>1746304
So Samoa Joe is gonna be face? Shit, man, I guess that's better than nothing, but it's still gonna be pretty shitty because aside from the main event, there's no depth to the roster. They're still gonna be in this situation where you have the main event and then the next biggest match is fucking Bray Wyatt VS Kane.

And I'm expecting Samoa Joe to be booked like a joke within a few months to make things worse.
>>
>>1746301
>It really feels like you want to be on NXT all of your WWE career.

Go suck on a granpa dick you memext fanboi.
>>
>>1746307
>all the blame
You're just delusional if you believe this. I'm not gonna pretend Dean is an excellent ring master but you can't deny he was booked as Number 2 for the past two years until they strapped a jetpack up his asshole at MITB
>>
>>1746314
>Less booked dates
>Get booked better
>Be more relevant than retarded McMahon angles
I'd be praying to the heavens above to never get sent up if I was Nakamura or Joe.
>>
>>1746318
>be on MemeXT
>be relevant
>>
>>1746172
did dean drop the belt because of the stonecold podcast? i think it exposed him to WWE as not really bankable
>>
>>1746172
He defended it like twice and was the worst part of every match he's been in the last year
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsYJwTl1boA
>>
>>1746326
What a pathetic faggot
>>
>>1746307
No fucking improvisation skills, you can tell he doesn't know what to do when a spot goes wrong
>>
>>1746301

>Feud with Ambrose for the next month
>Randy Orton for a month or two
>Call up Shinsuke or even Samoa Joe and have feud
>Cena returns in time for Wrestlemania and they put on a 5* match
>>
>>1746318
The MemeXT weekly program is total shit. What are you even talking about?
>>
>>1746301
>>1746307
The decider for me was him giving Jericho his lamest feud of the year.

Kind of get the feeling Y2J was all for working an extended program with Ambrose, but he just couldn't get anything out of him.
>>
>>1746342
Jericho was clearly the lesser worker in their matches.
>>
>>1746172
yes
>>
>>1746342
Jericho hasn't been in a good program with anyone since he came back, though. He's great and funny on the mic but his matches are always mediocre at best.

Dean Ambrose VS AJ Styles at Backlash was much better than any of the million Chris Jerivho VS AJ Styles matches, for example, in my opinion.
>>
>>1746353
I can't even remember the last good Jericho match.

Maybe the carryjob from Neville @ Beast in The East?
>>
>can't get a good match from Jericho
>can't get a good match from AJ styles

It doesn't help that I can't remember a single great or good moment of Dean in the ring either.
>>
>>1746353
the matches in a Jericho feud/rub are less important than the skits and promos.

The "Ambrose interrupts Jericho's highlights reel" was cringe as fuck.

AJ and Y2J worked a better program, and now JeriKO is good too. There was no fun in the potted plant / asylum match up.
>>
>>1746172
Least memorable reign of all time. Crazy that he was the biggest flop of the shield when he seemed like "the guy" out of the three of them in the beginning
>>
>>1746172
>worst champion of ALL TIME
Maybe if all time is 2016. Seth was equally as bad but had a long run. Fuck Mysterio as world champ was just the worst. Jericho's undisputed reign was crap. Fucking Diesel and Sid! Kids these days don't know about bad champions.
>>
File: 1429036199386.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1429036199386.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>1746172
>Deanetty got booed out of the bulding
>>
>>1746418
Learn to read faggot
>>
>>1746351
kek
>>
Roman is the only decent champ in like the last five years.
>>
>>1746172
Dean was never meant to be champion in the first place, either Seth or Roman were supposed to walk out of Money in the Bank as champion, but then Roman got suspended so they gave it to Dean who then got drafted the Smackdown. Original Summerslam plans had the main events being a Roman vs Seth Rollins rematch from MITB and John Cena vs AJ Styles for the inaugural Universal Title; Finn would have fought Jericho.
>>
>>1746418
Rollins, Mysterio and Jericho all had way better matches and Mysterio and Jericho were booked way worse (Mysterio lost several matches clean and Jericho wasn't even one of the main focuses in a feud over a title he held). Nash was awful, only forgotten due to his and his buddies and his marks' propaganda, Sid was ok overall, only his matches sucked.
>>
>>1746426
way too overpushed though
>>
>>1746426
This is honestly true. The club vs blood stuff was good. Who was the last good champion before roman? Punks summer of punk reign where he tweeted his belt in a fridge?
>>
>>1746434
then who would have one the briefcase?
>>
>>1746451
Kevin Owens
>>
>>1746426
Please try harder Romannetty apologist
>>
>>1746426
It's sad that this is closer to true than not.
The Club storyline was okay. And the AJ matches were good. I think Dean not being able to have as good a match with AJ as fucking ROMAN did is the final nail in him for me. Dude just does not give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>1746469
Maybe the Dean matches could be as good if they gave it a No DQ stipulation and had a couple of tag teams run-in ;)
>>
>>1746469
How long before he's main eventing CZW shows again?
>>
>>1746469
>I think Dean not being able to have as good a match with AJ as fucking ROMAN did is the final nail in him for me
Mine was the abyssmal interview he did with Stone Cold.
>>
>>1746303
lol
>>
>>1746472
Wasn't there a No DQ stip, too? I preferred that one, as well.
The tag run-ins hurt it for me.
>>
>>1746353
he had an amazing match with aj styles on smackdown
>>
>>1746469
>>1746475
same

I don't know what was worse, that he had 0 fucking interview and talking skills or that he revealed himself as a huge fucking mark for himself
>>
he was miles ahead of Roman.
>>
>ambrose supposed to be top face
>gets massive boos in the main event
>top heel carries him
>>
>>1746503
AJ was just so over that the fans turned on him
>>
>>1746172
I'm surprised Dean got boo'd. He has been really over for a while and seemed to be doing alright even against AJ.I expected it to be 50/50 which is started out as but like half way in the crowd started shitting on him every time he made a move.
>>
>>1746516
He has never been over which is why he is called dean 'no pop' ambrose because he gets 0 pops every single week
>>
>>1746503
Didn't watch the match, was Ambrose actually booed against AJ?
>>
>>1746534
Yes
>>
>>1746534
he was booed in his entrance and when the announcer announced their names kek
>>
>>1746534
Yes but only because he's been playing the heel in the fued and the feud before with Ziggler. In other words, he set himself up for boos intentionally. He's a very talented individual.
>>
>>1746555
Hello Carter
>>
>>1746555
honestly kill yourself carter
>>
>>1746555
When you gonna live stream that suicide you fat fuck?
>>
>>1746312
>Implying Joe will have to be face
Senor Joe is here to fuck your shit up. Monster Heels can face other Heels to try and destroy them
>>
>>1746534
He got Cenaesque reaction.

Women and kids chanting Ambrose, men chanting AJ
>>
>>1746172
No. You're just a stupid retard who likes to jump on bandwagons without thinking for yourself, just like every other piece of shit loser on this board. He was fine as a champion, much better than either Roman or Rollins with their terrible reigns. His feud with Ziggler was the best one going into Summerslam until the bell rang and his wrestling gets way more flak than it deserves. It's not great but the basement-dwelling morons on here act like each one of his matches was the worst thing since Hitler.
>>
>>1746426
XD
>>
>>1746598
At this point you Dean marks are just living in denial. He's proven himself to be a flop in every regard. But I believe if he actually gave a shit for once he could deliver something great. Unfortunately he doesn't care because he's a lazy fuck. Maybe he should go back to the Cincinnati bingo halls.
>>
>>1746598
SEETHING fat spic detected
>>
File: fuckingdisgusting.jpg (26KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingdisgusting.jpg
26KB, 312x312px
>>1746442
>The club vs blood stuff was good
>cm phil was good
>>
>>1746617
Dean mark here, I thought his match with AJ Styles last night was awesome and it was like the third best AJ Styles match of the year, which isn't a small feat because Styles has been on fire this entire year even before he joined WWE
>>
Roman reigns were a nightmare.

All of them.
Even the 5 minutes one.
>>
>>1746503
>WhatIs literally every Reigns match
>>
File: notquitethebiggestdog.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
notquitethebiggestdog.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Hes a boring worker with a weak babyface character.

Why do smarks always bend over backwards to make excuses for outlaw shitters? Its particularly perturbing that they do this while castigating John Cena and Roman Reigns, two guys who always deliver in big matches.
>>
>>1747033
Probably because Ambrose has demonstrated he can do better elsewhere.

But if you want to cite Roman's 3 NXT squashes and that 1 pre-tape as evidence of his "potential" you go right ahead.
>>
No, he has a defined character. I've never once seen him break this character in match for the sake of a triple back flip live anime spotfest.
>>
>>1747048
>Probably because Ambrose has demonstrated he can do better elsewhere.

Not him, but in-terms of ring-work, he hasn't.
His CZW stuff was sloppy death-spots and his FCW was approaching fundamental mat-work, but not impressive.
Character-wise, sure. He could kill it. And he SHOULD be a Heel, after last night's reaction. But ring-wise? Nah.
>>
>>1746534
I was there live. Ambrose got massive boos during his comeback sequence
>>
>>1747058
I liked his stuff in FCW but I can see how it's not to everybody's taste.
>>
>>1747063
Who got the biggest pops my man? Was it Kane?
>>
>>1746342
I actually completely forgot about that feud and I watch every week kek
>>
>>1746534
Yes, when he was on offense people were so offended they booed him LOL

A very Roman Reigns-esque ''You are bad at wrestling" boo
>>
>>1746871
Shit. Just like every Dean match.
>>
>>1748051
AJ winning
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.