[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo you gotta admit man he got his ass kicked but like you gotta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: sn_g_punk01jr_576x874.jpg (297KB, 576x874px) Image search: [Google]
sn_g_punk01jr_576x874.jpg
297KB, 576x874px
Yo you gotta admit man he got his ass kicked but like you gotta give it up, that took balls man

I don't see any of you walking into the octagon, CM really earned his stripes here today win lose or draw, he earned everyone's respect, kudos to this man for following his dream, he is a hero, he is brave
>>
no, not for the money.
if he actually wasn't incompetent at fighting and had a sports background, maybe I would give a fuck.
Guy is just taking a spot away from another younger not fake fighter
>>
>>1746129
There is no bravery in delusion.
There was no calculated risk in what he was doing. He ran into something he had no proficiency for as an escape route because he was running away from his existing problems.
And it was his absolute narcissistic, hollow pride that carried him from the contract signing into the octagon.

Not an expectation of victory. Not a wish to test himself. Not out of a lifelong ambition.

He was deliberately lazy and "idgaf" about his training so that, when he lost - and he always knew that he would - he would have again provided his fragile ego with a mental escape route. He could tell himself that he deliberately did not try to win but that - if he HAD spent 2 years training hard - he would now be among the GOAT MMA fighters around.

He literally thinks that.
>>
>>1746129
I agree with OP

Mickey Gall may have won the match, but everyone knows that CM Punk is the real winner here
>>
>>1746218
Yeah, I've never felt like more of a winner than when I was face down on the floor getting my skull caved in wirh punches.
>>
>>1746251
There was this time I hit myself in the head with a hammer three times and I think I felt even more of a winner then because it hurt a lot and was very brave
>>
>>1746251
> missing the point this much
>>
>>1746129
People that say they'd step into the octagon for that much money, well they have nothing to lose, punk left a company that made him a multi millionaire to join mma, he put his money, name and reputation on the line when he could've safely stayed in the Entertainment business and make millions, that is something very few people would do, it's a huge gamble.
>>
>>1746260
Prep the bull, Phil.
>>
>>1746129
Hi Phil!

How's your ear?
>>
>>1746129
You dont need balls to be beaten up, your mother's face is testament to that
>>
>>1746276
it was delusional.

Make no mistake, Phil entered UFC to try and gain leverage in pro-wrestling.

He saw how Brock had the freedom of the federation served to him on a silver plate when he came back from UFC, and he wanted a piece of that.

He literally saw an end-goal that he thought he should deserve to be given (because, let's face it: he is CM PUNK), without giving any consideration to the route he would have to take to get there.

I've seen lots of pundits talking about how "smart" Brooks is, and how "in control of the CM Punk brand" he is. But I think they're having a laugh. He has totally mismanaged himself.

Compare him to Hunter, who is at least as mediocre as Phil. But he has a phenomenal sense of brand control. He will never expose his Tripe H gimmick to any type of brand damage that a shoot fight would inflict. He manages the context of his character. Phil Brooks just threw his entire gimmick into the trash can.
>>
>>1746285
Punk's gimmick was never about being a legit real shooter
>>
What a delusional delusional man. My favorite part of this whole thing is that he actually thought he was going to win. The amount of people falling for his bullshit 'I'm just following my dream' charade are fucking embarrassing. It only became his dream when he wanted out of WWE. It only became his dream when wrestling stopped being his dream. What a load of shit. If it was really his dream he either would have left wrestling to pursue it seriously or he would have started out with amateur fights because that's how you learn and get better, by facing people at your level and moving up the ranks as your skills progress. Instead his ego let him actually think he could walk into the UFC with 2 years training and win. His ego demanded he fight on the biggest stage so everybody could see when he won and he could play the tough guy. Now he's probably the only person to ever fight in UFC who doesn't look like he could even beat you in a fight.
>>
>>1746346
(contd)....

Fair play for actually getting in there but he didn't even land a single punch. 2 years of the most elite training anybody could possible have, the ability to train non-stop and not have to hold down an actual job, top nutritionists and everything money can buy and he was still completely out of his depth. It's plain hubris and nothing else. Everybody wants to give him a trophy purely for participating because he had 'the balls' to do what apparently so many of us wouldn't. No. He had the arrogance to do what he did and apparently had trainers who were feeding him bullshit instead of telling him what he needed to hear. At the end of the day he got in there and got beat up for more money than any of us will probably ever get in our lives. Yeah, real courageous. I'm pretty sure if you asked a handful of guys on the street who think they're tough guys to get in the octagon for a fight if you paid them hundreds of thousands of dollars they'd all say yes too. I'm not about to show respect to somebody who is stupid enough to make a moronic decision and survive to tell the tale. Showing true courage would be actually realizing that yeah, I really want to do this but sometimes in life you don't always get what you want. Now he just embarrassed himself in front of the world for no reason other than his arrogance got in the way.
>>
>>1746350
(..contd)

I actually felt bad for him during the post fight press conference. It's hard to watch anybody go through the process of realizing they aren't as good, important or special as they thought they were and he had to do it in front of the world - totally his own fault but still. I'm glad he got humbled. Maybe it will knock him down a few pegs and he might actually learn a valuable lesson in humility. Let's all just be thankful that he wasn't able to fight earlier than now because there's a very real chance he could have been severely injured. Shame on the relevant athletic commissions for even sanctioning him to fight in the first place.
>>
He doesn't deserve any respect, he didn't pay any dues in the sport.

This was literally celebrity boxing, and no one respects any of them and they aren't brave, just shitheads making a buck off a carny show.
>>
Phil marks are pathetic. Bringing up AJ Lee as if it's Punk's huge accomplishment is very very stupid. You know you have nothing to brag about Punk when you have to bring up his wife or something like that. It's irrelevant.

Plus, it's Punk's wife, not your wife. Why bragging about her when it's someone else's wife?
>>
>>1746350
You win brother. Came here to post this exact thought. The participation trophy logic has become more mainstream thanks to sjws. The real world doesn't see it that way. In a competition there are winners and there are losers. Punk lost. Punk lost embarrassingly. He won nothing out of this. He looks like a tool for his weigh in antics and, as pointed out, his arrogance. He deserves every bit of criticism he gets. There is no silver lining here.

And I like punk.
>>
File: 2016-09-12_170853.png (231KB, 742x929px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-12_170853.png
231KB, 742x929px
What did he m by this?
>>
>>1746346
>>1746350
>>1746354
Gain height
>>
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>1746378
Madfag vanilla who's upset no one cares about them.
>>
Phil is not a "hero" for getting paid millions to become a fighter at 37 with 2 years experience when he went into UFC because he let his emotions get in the way of logic. The reason why people are cackling and throwing memes left and right has less to do with him leaving WWE and more to do with how he's portrayed himself to be this arrogant asshole that takes no shit for 20 years. He's been a livejournal and twitter thug and for some, it's been a long time coming to see him get taken down even half a notch.

A reporter asks him a wrestling question and he loses his shit...yet...he's only in the position he's in because of his pro wrestling background. He didn't use his birth name, he used his wrestling name in the MMA world because he knew his wrestling name means more attention. He used his wrestling entrance music because he's known as a wrestler. But dont you dare ask him a wrestling question. That's disrespectful.

Dana White knew how this was going to go down and he played Punk like a pawn. Once again, Punk's arrogance and delusional saw the offer given to him as Dana having faith in his abilities when in reality, Dana was just looking for a buyrate.

I can't imagine that there wasn't someone close to him in his inner circle that was real with him and told him that this was a silly dream to go after. If there wasn't anyone like that, holy yes men syndrome. At the very least, his wife should've stopped him.
>>
>>1746331
That was basically my point. You don't extend a brand into an area it cannot compete. That just weakens it.

Neither Brooks, nor Haitch, got any brand value from any perceived "shoot" credibility. So the smart brand manager leaves that unasked question unanswered - it serves no purpose.

Brooks devalued his brand by going out of his way to demonstrate that the Punk gimmick carries no shoot credibility. Haitch would never allow his product to be placed in that compromising situation to begin with.

Which is why I think the pundits who have been talking about Brooks' "brand management skills" have been having a little bit of a chuckle.
>>
I don't get what is so brave about what Punk did. All the people defending Punk are the same people that shit on outside celebrities like David Arquette or Floyd Mayweather coming in and "wrestling" for WWE. It's only when a WWE guy goes into a completely different industry that it is courageous and badass.

Yeah, props to him for trying, but he was laughably bad and sports fans criticize and make fun of bad sports performances all the time. Punk is not immune to this treatment just because he tried really hard. It was one of the worst beat downs in UFC history and is going to be used by every non WWE fan to discredit the abilities and toughness of WWE guys for a long time.

It would have been just as brave if Punk had chosen to start in a small promotion and fight a non-UFC caliber fighter for his debut. Instead he chose to debut in the venue that would give him the most money and draw the most eyeballs so he could remain relevant. This was not just about pursuing a dream, it was about money and satisfying his ego. If it was just about the love of MMA and pursuing a dream he could have had at least a couple of fights outside the UFC like everyone else.
>>
>>1746406
This guy gets it and is spot on.
This is CM Punk, "BEST IN THE WORLD".
At what now.Tapping for a million?
>>
by your definition i'm a fucking hero for quitting the taekwon-do world titles.

i am a hero, and i'm fucking brave.
>>
>>1746129
>I don't see any of you walking into the octagon
None of us have a direct line to Dana White to arrange such a thing.
>>
>>1746276
i bet you and the rest of the Punk marks take up the exact same attitude towards Trump, right?

>he's putting it all on the line and at least trying, what are you doing??
>have you ever run for political office? didn't think so!!!!11

nah, you just watched a 15 minute video from a smarmy Brit and thought you had it all figured out
>>
>>1746129
>I don't see any of you walking into the octagon

This argument again. I don't see Punk working as an IT programmer and being successful at it at the same time.

So since I work in another branch I can't laugh at his pathetic ass, ESPECIALLY since he is a public persona? Of course I fucking can. He put everything on the line with this hype. If this match was hyped as "well I just want to see how it goes" from Punk, it would be all good. It wasn't. He really believed his own BS that he is "the best in the world". Fucker got what he deserved and I hope he goes to some low level MMA promotions and get his ass beaten there too by total amateurs.
>>
>>1747186
Programist*

Sorry, I'm not a native English speaker.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.