[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a Phil Mark that was hoping for the best but expecting the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (87KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 1200x675px
As a Phil Mark that was hoping for the best but expecting the worse, I was really happy with his post match speech. I really would hate for his MMA legacy to be left like this. He absolutely NEEDS to work amateur fights first. I'd say after he has 10 amateur wins under his belt, then he should try again in UFC with someone around his level. I still laugh at the shitposting and the memes, but I really hope my boy proves people wrong. After all, he still gets to go home and fuck that tight sweet Indian boi pussy
>>
>>1739946
Nigga he's 37
He defaulted into some feel-good bullshit because he didn't realized he'd get molly-whopped and then in the post-conference he nearly cried.
He done
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 640x351px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 640x351px
>>1739954
Hey, if Kevin Fucking smith can do it, why can't Phil?
>>
>>1739961
Because Kevin Smith weights than 10lbs.
>>
>>1739961
Because Phil is a broken manlet witn 20 years off his life because if muh Reebok
>>
>>1739954
>because he didn't realized he'd get molly-whopped
Everything leading up to the fight had me believing that Punk knew he was going to lose. If you saw the video series and interviews Punk was pretty mellow going into the fight and wasn't talking smack and was doing his best not to talk big.
>>
>>1739961
kevin smith is legit punk is a bitch
>>
>>1739946
I agree. I have all the respect in the world for him, he did what he wanted to do and had no regrets win or loss. How can anyone give him shit for having the balls to work at being a fighter for 2 years solid and facing a young, up and comer fighter in the octagon. No one here has even a lick of bravery to go for what they really want to do.
>>
>>1739969
The problem is that CM Punk's dream is utterly silly. Fighting is for predeveloped monkeys. Yes, going out and getting beaten like that publicly takes a lot of guts, but as a goal in life, that's just stupid.

Going for your dreams is good only as long as your dreams are good.
>>
>>1740028
That and he failed miserably, I am I supposed to respect him for his failure now?
>>
>>1739946
Its kind of pathetic all this CM Punk bashing, you can tell most of the people doing it are too scared to take risks in their lives and as a result they are miserable people who constantly underachieve and have not accomplish much if anything in life. Things like this happen when you take risks, sometimes you get a shitload of egg on your face, but it in the long run those risks tend to pay off. Punk got embarrassed by this one, but all the other ones made him a multi-millionaire celebrity who doesn't have to work a day in his life if he doesn't want to, and whatever job he will do will be because he enjoys it. All these CM Punk haters act like those guys who put down other guys who got shot down talking to the hot girl instead of fantasizing about her with their friends, too scared to even glance at her.
>>
>>1739946
>gets killed in 2 minutes
>B-but his speech was good!

lol punkfags calling the suicide hotline
>>
>>1740117
Are you literally retarded?
Did you even read what OP posted?
Pleeeeeeease kill yourself
>>
>>1740028
>Yes, going out and getting beaten like that publicly takes a lot of guts, but as a goal in life, that's just stupid

Yeah and pursuing wwe mandrama is a clearly wise life choice huh?

It sounds like a nightmare job, actually it's the worst profession in the world schedule wise. You're a literal circus monkey getting dropped on your back and neck 5 days a week, 300 days a year.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160912-024405.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160912-024405.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>1740163
>pursuing WWE mandrama is clearly wise life choice

Didn't say that.

To me, UFC fighters are neanderthals and WWE wrestlers clowns, basically. I still enjoy watching them.
>>
>>1740112
Trolling aside, Dana just used him to make wrestling look bad. Punk was a pawn in Dana's game. There's no way Punk should have been out there. It was only for the money. This "dreams" meem has got to die.
>>
>>1740189

Being a WWE wrestler is far more taxing on the body than being a pro-fighter. CM Punk is the perfect example of that. His body is held up with scotch tape and band-aids.

In pro-fights, you get KO'd you take 6 months off, in WWE you get a concussion, you take 3 months then you're back to being dropped on your head again for 300+ days a year.
>>
>>1740201
I agree, what's your point?
>>
>>1740205

Being a pro-wrestler is a worse career choice than being a pro-fighter.
>>
>>1740117

>gets killed in 2 minutes

there are better fighters that got heemed in less than a minute
whats more embarrasing a submission defeat or getting knocked out cold?
>>
File: phil.jpg (43KB, 664x571px) Image search: [Google]
phil.jpg
43KB, 664x571px
>>1739946
>Life is all about shitting your pants and putting on a new pair of pants. -- Phil
>>
>>1740211
When you say "worse" you touch many values, obviously. For your personal health? Yes, most likely being an active wrestler is worse. In many other aspects it can be argued that being an active fighter is worse as you basically hurt others for a living. Doesn't make a difference to me, however. I'm not sure why I'm supposed to argue over this.
>>
>>1740212
Submission defeat where you look like a doofus rushing a guy and you wind up with zero offense put in.

Also lost to some 24 year old grappling tomato can named Mickey.
>>
>>1740168

>I consumed a kings ransom of paint chips as a child, the photo.
>>
Phil Brooks had absolutely no reason to be in the octagon. I think a lot of the hate comes from the fact that there are people who work harder and have more talent than him, yet they have to slog away and build a reputation in amateur matches, but he gets to jump right in to the big leagues. He didn't earn his place there and last night he definitively proved it. The very fact that he was allowed to fight in the UFC pushed the sport back towards looking like a carnival show rather than a legitimate competitive event.
>>
>>1740198
Dana is an asshole, Punk use to be at all the UFC events as a fan, and Dana throws him to the wolves for a paycheck, shows you how much he really values the fans.

He worse than Vince, at least Vince is known to throw a lifeline to some of the past talent with substance abuse issues
>>
>>1740309
dana gave him a nothing 0-0 fighter. what more do you expect him to do?
>>
>>1740312
Mickey was 3-0 proffesionally and 2-0 in UFC, besides the fact Mickey was 13 years younger than Punk he had like 6 years of more experience than Punk
>>
>>1740312
Actually he had a 1-0 pro record and had won all 5 of his amateur fights. Obviously not a UFC calibur fighter but still something.
>>
>>1739954
Best post in /asp/ this day, thanks mate
>>
>>1740320
No he's just now 3-0 after beating Punk. He was originally 1-0 when he was first picked to fight Punk but since Punk kept backing out and delaying his debut, Mickey had another fight and became 2-0.
>>
>>1740331
Ok, he was still 2-0 before beating Punk, still had 6 years more experience and is 13 years younger.

Punk never seriously trained for mma before 2 years ago, and his body had a bunch of wear and tear from wrestling around 200 days a year for like 15 years. Wrestling may be scripted and not as high impact but they are still taking real damage that adds up, the fact they do it 200 days a year makes it worse on the body than mma
>>
>>1740320
>>1740323
Gall publicly asked to face Brooks after winning a fight. Brooks entered the octagon with a smug look and accepted the challenge. This happened on an episode of Looking for a Fight.
>>
>>1739946
Another phil mark here, honestly it all went better than I expected. Didn't get HEEM sleepy'd, just completely BTFO demonstrating why you don't put amateurs in there. It was an exhibition fight, the right ending happened.

I hope he can move on with his life,or maybe start trying to be an amateur fighter if he really wants to continue with this. He only ever belonged on an actual UFC show as a one time attraction, effectively to show the gulf in class between people who THINK they can learn to fight, and trained fighters.
>>
>>1739946
>once he has 10 wins

So when he's 50?
>>
File: cat.png (237KB, 454x310px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
237KB, 454x310px
>motivational talk about falling down and getting back up

Only losers say this to be honest.
>>
>>1740567
One, CM Punk needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever CM Punk's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's CM Punk"? Three--
>>
>>1739962
What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.