[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm watching old raw/smackdown shows and PPVs, I st

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1473136214793.jpg (33KB, 480x344px) Image search: [Google]
1473136214793.jpg
33KB, 480x344px
So, I'm watching old raw/smackdown shows and PPVs, I started watching this when Dbry was a thing and always thought that the product was ok, even when sometimes creative made some retarded decisions (like pushing for Roman no matter what)

But, the raws/smackdown between 1999/2001 really are a golden era of wrestling, so much spectacular stuff happening on a weekly basis, and the PVPs are great too, no wonder a lot of you call the current product shit.

Case in point, the royal rumble 2000, is this the best royal rumble ever?, every single match was good, it's incredible, I haven't seen a single PVP of this caliber since I started watching in 2014, I mean, just look at shit shit, http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jelrz_triple-h-vs-cactus-jack-street-fight_sport , it's brutal and awesome, I don't have anything but respect for these 2 man after watching this.

What happened?, why is the current product so weak compared to the older stuff?, is the talent?, the booking?, is because they have no competition due to WCW is gone?
>>
Tl;Dr
>>
>>1721386
Watching old shows and they are quite awesome, the new ones since 2014 are quite weak compared to them, what happened in-between that made the current WWE so boring?
>>
No competition, laziness, pandering to obese smarks, political correctness
>>
benoit happened
also go back to wooo
>>
Even though you may have partially redeemed yourself, people like you are the problem. People who joined the pro-Bryan anti-Reigns bandwagon put the last nail in the coffin for that and for WWE.

And the explanation is simply Cena a decade ago. He's single-handedly the cause of it. People like Orton and Bryan are just the back-up gang.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 1176x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 1176x720px
>>1721378
They had competition back then, today they don't give a shit, they're the biggest wrestling company in the world, I doubt there will be another company big enough to compete with them again, that's why the product is so shit today, WWE didn't have that "the competition can put us out of business" pressure, something they don't have today.
>>
>>1721392
they realized children watch this shit
>>
>>1721749
I didn't know better, how can we fix this?, is there any way to get back the "good old days"?
>>
>>1723025
I don't know, but in my opinion the first obstacle is the 'clean' or 'safe' environment in the shows, not just with blood but in general. No matter how phony it gets it still brainwashes a significant part of the audience.

I guess the extent of it is why it's understandable for you and others who didn't see it then to think it's decent now, because the whole vision of what it's supposed to be has changed in WWE. That might have been true with the years around 2000 compared with 80s wrestling as well, but definitely in a different way.
>>
>>1721378
I watched the 2000 Roal Rumble just the other day and asside from the Cactus jack vs HHH match it wasnt that amazing.

>Angle vs Tazz in his debut= 4/10 looking back on angle was very impressive though, his athleticism was incredible.

>Dudley vs Hardyz was a pretty good match 7/10

Jericho vs Hardcore Holly vs China 4/10. China fighting with the men just completely ruined it.

>New age outlaws vs APA 3/10 . Really quick match with nothing really happening

>Divas strip tease 2/10 ruined by may young flashing her fucking tits

>HHH vs Cactus Jack 9/10

>Royal Rumble 6/10. Not the best rumble match ive seen and pretty sure the rock botched the ending and had his feet touch the floor but the camera didnt catch it so its all good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.