[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be Terry Crews >your gimmick is everybody confuses you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: Apollo-Crews-smile.jpg (58KB, 840x473px) Image search: [Google]
Apollo-Crews-smile.jpg
58KB, 840x473px
>be Terry Crews
>your gimmick is everybody confuses you for other black men so often that you have to remind people how to spell your name
>you'll never get over
>you'll never be over
>and you'll always do the job
Is being Apollo Creed the most JUST?
>>
He sucks
>>
>>1705959
That's not nice m8, he's very athletic
>>
>>1705963
No his matches are boring as fuck and he botches
>>
>>1705956
It's his own damn fault in this case. He can't act for shit, and there's nothing they could have done with him. He won't stop fucking smiling. Even the most recent backstage segment where he was supposed to be pissed at AJ treating him like trash and fed up, HE STILL FUCKING SMILED.
>>
>>1705956
I think you mean, Apollo Coon.
>>
>>1705956
He's basically a black Neville. Except Neville is actually good at working a match and has occasionally shown reasonable mic skills.
>>
>professional wrestling
>literally the one job you are allowed to be loud, obnoxious, and outrageous
>all the black guys are boring bald dudes
>all the white rednecks are master thespians of the art of rassling

Black people, ya blew it!
>>
File: newday.jpg (42KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
newday.jpg
42KB, 642x361px
>>1706043
>>all the black guys are boring bald dudes
>>
>>1706075
never drew a dime
>>
>>1706082
>top merch sellers during WrestleMania weekend

Don't you dare be sour.
>>
>>1705956
Shame.
The man can lift Shaemus, WHO IS NOT A SMALL MAN MIND YOU, for 3-5 seconds before hitting a spinning powerbomb
Enough agility to do standing moonsaults and standing dropkicks.
Just, no gimmick. He's probably farther away from any discussion creative has than Neville who is probably going to be a star in the Cruiserweight division. Hell I think they have more lined up for Breezango
>>
>>1706075
Well, they're not bald.
>>
>>1706141
Apollo comes off as a really naturally likable and earnest guy in Breaking Ground and during those "Who is Apollo Crews?" segments on NXT but I'm not sure how that can translate to a ring persona
>>
>>1706075
Last time they were entertaining was?
>>
>>1706022
What a stupid nigger
>>
He lacks a personality, a gimmick, look at finn balor, dude paints himself like a demon and runs to the ring with a chainsaw.

As a wrestler you need to create your character, embody that, some shit that will get over with all the little jimmies and sell some merch....or maybe do some sarcastic smart ass cm punk shit and get over with smarks.

Crews needs to like, put on a cowboy hat and be alll...."im a cowboy now" or something.....

You got to pull yourself over, sell merch, get people hype, get people demanding to see you.
>>
>>1706159
>look at finn balor, dude paints himself like a demon and runs to the ring with a chainsaw.

Terrible example. He's not a gimmick or a character, he's an entrance.
He MIGHT graze on a "gimmick" if he even had the savvy to change up his move-set to fit his demon persona, but he doesn't. So it's just five minutes of wasted time intended to appeal to children.
>>
>>1706159
>a cowboy hat is a character

New Generation pls go
>>
>>1706164
>intended to appeal to children

that will ask mommy to buy his merch and action figures.

fucking mark
>>
>>1706172
Exactly. Did you even dispute anything I said?
You just reinforced it and got angry, for some reason.
>>
File: file.png (691KB, 840x473px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
691KB, 840x473px
he looks good in a red tie

i dont know why
>>
>>1706082
Kek.
>>
>>1706255
HE HAS NO STYLE
>>
>>1706159
>be alll...."im a cowboy now"
Book it, Vince.
>>
>>1706800
HE HAS NO CHARISMA

WHEN HE STEPS IN THE RING, THE CROWD REACTIONS ABYSMAL
>>
>>1705956
>Floors AJ
>Walks over to the announce table
>"Did you see that, Mauro-senpai? I hit him with a P-U-N-C-H! >:3"
>"Yes, Apollo. That spells punch, you're very impressive"
>:D
Apollo is cute.
>>
>>1706152
They were entertaining until the got the pink tron and ring gear and turned into a walking Reddit meme. Soooo last August maybe?
>>
>>1706022

It's just buildup for a Wyatt mindbreak angle
>>
>>1706841
kek
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xikVblVx-A8
He just can never stop smiling
>>
>>1706148

Just a pure babyface. The WWE could use one that isn't a hypocritical twat like John Cena's character.
>>
>>1705956
This guy managed to give AJ Styles the worst match of his wwe run so far
>>
>>1705956
Bray is the biggest JUST in the company, there's no question.

Crews got to compete at Summerslam at least.
>>
His theme is GOAT
>>
>>1706841
Kawaii anime girl Apollo Crews when
>>
>>1707402
It's not like I want you to have a problem with the new era or anything, b-baka.
>>
>>1706022
Just turn him into Bo imo
>>
>>1707168
It wasn't that bad.
>>
>>1705956

Terry crews has as much appeal as this thread
>>
>>1707791
yes it was
>>
Just pair him with Bo desu
>>
>>1707166
Problem is that WWE likes Hypocrisy what with their "Be a Star" campaigns but are quick to emasculate their talent live on air.
>>
>>1705959
He is actually a damn solid worker. He just has no personality besides smiling. :D

WWE made a mistake calling him up from NXT so soon. He really needed like a year or 2 to develop in NXT.
>>
File: jimmy_wang_yang1.jpg (36KB, 330x380px) Image search: [Google]
jimmy_wang_yang1.jpg
36KB, 330x380px
>>1706810
This and have him tag with a returning Jimmy Wang Yang
>>
>>1707166
Vince has no idea how to write a pure babyface

>>1707168
Considering AJ's earliest matches in the 'E were against MidLife Crisis Jericho & >Miz that's doubtful.
>>
I'm gonna go on the record here and say that I've never been more wrong about a wrestler in my life.

When he was tearing up the indies as Uhaa Nation, I thought to myself "if this guy ever gets to the WWE he's gonna be a top guy in a year flat."

I was so so wrong.
>>
>>1706148

Cedric Alexander did a really good job of this in the CWC by "selling" and making it look like he was trying hard.

Apollo barely breaks a sweat and smiles the entire goddamn match. How can you get behind a babyface that never appears to struggle?
>>
File: dickfaces.jpg (41KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
dickfaces.jpg
41KB, 642x361px
>>1708360
>How can you get behind a babyface that never appears to struggle?

idk: ask Vince?
>>
>>1708372

Cena at least sells during his wins, but Apollo doesn't sell and loses. It's retarded
>>
File: Bearded Apollo.png (165KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
Bearded Apollo.png
165KB, 500x325px
>>1706921
>Bray inevitably loses to Orton at Backlash
>Apollo gets up in his face about it
>"You're not that scary :D"
>Bray proceeds to psychologically torture Apollo for the next few weeks
>Apollo breaks down in the middle of the ring, begging Bray to come down and put an end to this
>Kneels down and offers himself to take a Sister Abigail
>Becomes Kimbo Slice
>Gets into a feud with Rowan over the favor of Daddy Bray
>Rowan turns face and gets a non-Wyatt gimmick in the process
Would be nice to see the scaaary cult leader Bray Wyatt, y'know, convert someone to his cult after failing to do so with Bryan, Cena, Kane and Taker and Xavier fucking Woods.
>>
I think he would work well with a Bo Dallas type gimmick, one where he's just this plucky super friendly dude who wants to do his best and doesn't realize that no one likes him.

Just look at that stupid smile.
>>
File: 1472057936999.jpg (35KB, 475x546px) Image search: [Google]
1472057936999.jpg
35KB, 475x546px
>>1706082
>>
>>1706255
percy watson?
>>
>>1705956
He is just so happy :D
Just do something with that. Make him like a super happy heel that cheats like Bo Dallas was in NXT
>>
>>1709209
Why can't they just give that gimmick to Bo?

I miss the goofy bastard.
>>
>>1708861
I miss him so much ;_;
>>
>>1706075
New Day are boring though.
>>
>>1706141
Breezango are the best current tag team on the whole roster desu.
>>
File: Alpha.jpg (77KB, 633x633px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha.jpg
77KB, 633x633px
>>1709236
nope
>>
Do you think he cries himself to sleep every night knowing he has the most generic black man name in the history of pro-wrestling?
>>
>>1709257
>lets rehash the worlds greatest tag team except this time with talentless wrestlers!
>>
File: Steinerize.jpg (37KB, 350x339px) Image search: [Google]
Steinerize.jpg
37KB, 350x339px
>>1709362
They're already better than Botchamin & Haas ever were.

Also, they've got far more in common with another tag team.
>>
>>1709369
Big bad booty daddy returning and rehashing Petey Williams' gimmick with Chad Gable when?
>>
>>1709405
>breaking up Jordan & Gable

You're a monster.
>>
>>1709447
It'll happen eventually, specially when Gable is so much more over than Jordan, it's best if they each have a gimmick/storyline unique to them after the break-up than just to wander around still doing the same shtick.
>>
>>1709236
They had a good match on Smackdown. I can't deny that.

Heath Slater and Rhyno are better.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.