[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Yes dad, I won't buy the territories ever. I will continue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: vinces.jpg (17KB, 356x268px) Image search: [Google]
vinces.jpg
17KB, 356x268px
>Yes dad, I won't buy the territories ever. I will continue our relationship with them, and not expand nationwide. Now, please sell me the company

What did Vince McMahon Jr mean by this?
>>
>>1675661
>turning your own father into your janetty on his death-bad

Savage
>>
What he said at the time probably before he realised money was pretty fucking cool
>>
Mean Gene said Vince Snr knew exactly what VKM was doing and approved.

It's in one of the segments of his full shoot on YT, where he's talking about being in the office when Verne Gagne got the phonecall from Vince Jr offering to buy him out and he went berserk.

Mean Gene has literally nothing to gain from lying about that minor detail, so I buy his version.

It also makes smart business sense to buy everyone out, and it allowed Vince Snr to retain his image among the industry old timers by getting his son to enact the hostile takeovers.
>>
>>1675663
>>
File: Roderick_McMahon.jpg (14KB, 220x202px) Image search: [Google]
Roderick_McMahon.jpg
14KB, 220x202px
Was he a draw?
>>
>>1675667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O9-H5uVvv4#t=1m45

He says otherwise here
>>
>>1675667
Very reminiscent to how haitch is poaching from other promotions nowadays, eh?
>>
>>1675661
>reminder that Vince's mom is still alive today
>>
This was before WCW started playing dirty. Vince had to put that faggot psycho bitch dog down.

ECW dug it's own grave.
>>
Youu gotta go and get angry at all of my honesty
You know I try but I don't do too well with apologies
I hope I don't run out of time. Could someone call a referee?
'Cause I just need one more shot at forgiveness

I know you know that I made those mistakes maybe once or twice
And by once or twice I mean maybe a couple of hundred times
So let me, oh, let me redeem, oh, redeem, oh, myself tonight
'Cause I just need one more shot, second chances

Yeah
Is it too late now to say sorry?
'Cause I'm missing more than just your body, oh
Is it too late now to say sorry?
Yeah, I know-oh-oh, that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?

I'm sorry yeah
Sorry yeah
Sorry
Yeah, I know that I let you down
Is it too late to say I'm sorry now?
>>
>>1675674
Well ain't that a thing. Your video is from 2014; the latest shoot is from a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjjKLLVI2IA
From 8'40". He says the exact opposite. Has something changed in the last two years that means they can now talk openly about how it went down? (Right on 10mins, Mean Gene says: "Vince Snr knew".)

Incidentally, you could just listen to Mean Gene talk all day, couldn't you.
>>
>>1675690
That's actually huge, it's been consensus all along that Vince Sr didn't know

Why would he reveal it now? It's not like in 2014 it was a big story and he had to protect it or anything, I don't get why he kept it a secret for so long when it really is never a topic of discussion.

And kek at Verne for declining that deal, I wonder if it was pre or post Hogan leaving. It was dumb either way, but Hogan was money even back then in the AWA
>>
>>1675696
It's definitely an interesting and clear change of the official narrative.

Sort of wonder if, now Vince K is also looking to his legacy, if he wants to soften his own history a bit - show himself as the brave son who took the flak to protect his dad's image, but in fact they were on the same page the whole time? Who knows, but it'd be naive to accept the given story of the last few decades - that Vince Snr would have been furious that his son was a massive success....
>>
>>1675678
>Vince
>Rewrites history and cries on documentaries about WCW doing the exact same thing to him that he did to the territories.

Pick two.
Turnabout is fair play.
>>
>>1675673
Yes
>>
It was as if Vince Sr. knew what would happen. Vince Jr. monopolised the business, he squeezed it dry and he destroyed it in the process. There's no more competition on their level to force them to innovate. WWE has essentially become Vince's vanity project. He knows he can do whatever he wants with it. He knows that, while the fans are slowly trickling away, the company's still not gonna go bankrupt until after he's dead.

Even worse, now that the indies are experiencing an rebirth, WWE continues to poach from them and hinder them from becoming the healthy competition that both WWE and the wrestling industry at large really needs.
>>
>>1675673
not
one
dime
>>
>>1676018
Probably the ladder but someway Steph and Hatich would screw up financially in a big way.
>>
>>1676018
WWE should have PC trainees to indie excursions to replenish the circuit and so they can get more experience instead of all coming up under the homogenized NXT product which will make everyone look and act the same (one of the major criticisms of OVW by fans and wrestlers)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.