[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After Reigns was suspended, the card for Summerslam was rearranged

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (89KB, 615x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 615x300px
After Reigns was suspended, the card for Summerslam was rearranged for his punishment. Parts of the original card have just recently been posted online. Here are some of the changes.

>Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins for WWE Title
>AJ Styles wins the Universal Title (doesn't say if opponent would have been Cena or Ambrose; Cena is safe bet.)
>Finn Balor vs Chris Jericho

Based on this, we know that the Universal Title was meant to be on Smackdown and that Raw would have got the more important WWE World Title.
>>
source: my ass
>>
>>1665957
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0824/616926/original-wwe-summerslam-plans/
http://nodq.com/wwe/474106269.shtml
http://www.inquisitr.com/3451711/wwe-news-very-interesting-original-plans-for-finn-balor-and-roman-reigns-before-wwe-summerslam/
>>
>>1665951
OP here. It would have been Cena that AJ would have beat for the vacant Universal Title.
>>
Why didnt they just stick with this card, Roman getting suspended changes nothing.
>>
>>1665951
>>AJ Styles wins the Universal Title

wtf I hate roman now
>>
>>1666001
>proving you're talking shit
Cena left to film his TV show
>>
>>1666017
AJ literally beat Cena last sunday at summerslam
>>
>>1666017
And Cena still would have left following this Universal Title match. It would be the same match except with the title the line.
>>
>>1666008
I wouldn't be too upset, this way now AJ gets a clean win over AJ and the WWE Title which has over 50 years of prestige.
>>
>>1666035
*Cena
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 897x553px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 897x553px
>>1665951
>>AJ wins Universal Title
>>
>>1665951
But now Reigns is just back in the Universal title race with no issues

He LITERALLY dropped his fued with Rusev and said "fuck it" to the US title, which makes more sense as a punishment
>>
File: 1469079610354.png (119KB, 919x874px)
1469079610354.png
119KB, 919x874px
>Roman is the reason Raw got the period blood championship
>AJ will now win the actual title at Backlash instead of the OC Donut Steel championship
Based Roman ruining his own brand
>>
>>1666098
I'm glad AJ is winning the prestigious WWE Title.
>>
Anyone got that copy pasta about Reigns father lecturing everyone in the locker room?
>>
>>1666027
Why would the original plans call for a man to be in the title picture when everyone knows he's leaving? Kind of phones in the finish of the match, doesn't it?
>>
>changing the whole card to fit roman desires

actually, being wwe and all, it ain't all that crazy at all
>>
>>1666027
Shit, I read it as Cena would have beat AJ when you have it the other way around sorry
>>
>first champ could have been best wrestler in the world
>instead got a midget who can't cut a promo, doesn't even do flips and got injured before he won it
Reigns completely devalued the Universal Championship there.
>>
>>1666185
I prefer that there's more build now to him winning a World Title now.
>>
Interestingly enough, if Finn stayed champion he'd be defending the Universal Title against Jeri-KO.
>>
Bump since this isn't getting enough attention
>>
So where the hell is Ambrose in all this? Would he have not won MitB? Won, but not cashed in yet? Cashed in, but dropped back to Seth or Roman?

And SmackDown would've gotten an ugly ass blue belt.

Jesus, thanks for chugging adderal, Roman, you really saved us from a shitshow of a Summer.

>>1666167
I read it this way too desu fampai.
>>
File: ajstylesno.jpg (165KB, 759x422px)
ajstylesno.jpg
165KB, 759x422px
>>1666035
>AJ gets a clean win over AJ
>yfw you don't want none from yourself
>>
>>1668632
The sources don't say what Ambrose would be doing. If I had to guess though he'd probably be in a midcard bout. Maybe he would be cashing in at Summerslam instead.
>>
>>1668644
It's really hard to guess what happens going forward if Dean doesn't cash in at MitB. Does the triple threat still happen at Battleground? Does Dean still go first overall to SmackDown?

Just too hard to know.
>>
>>1668465
kys, OP
but yeah, it isn't
>>
>>1668652
I mostly find the AJ winning the Universal Title fascinating.
>>
>>1668659
Yeah, it really is, but it makes sense when you think about it.

In kayfabe, SmackDown is supposed to be about the talent and about the fans, not the authority figures, so them having the Universal Title makes more sense than Raw, Stephanie McMahon's Cuckolding Factory. Inserting the title into the AJ/Cena feud is rather seamless and it puts AJ's moment of coronation at Summerslam in front of everybody, rather than on a Smackdown exclusive PPV a few weeks later.

From AJ's perspective, the scrapped storyline makes a bit more sense. But I prefer this, because it has AJ winning the more prestigious title, even if it takes a little longer and it has Dean as a top guy, when he probably wouldn't have been otherwise. If not for Balor getting injured, I'd say this is the unambiguous better result, but unfortunately, Balor's probably not on the shelf for six months if Roman never whizzed hot, even if it means another boring-ass Roman/Seth feud instead of the very good Balor/Seth match we got.
>>
>>1665951
The WWE title match I can believe, having ziggles there was completely out of place whereas a Roman vs Rollins match is worthy of summers lam. It's just bad timing on the part of Roman getting suspended.
>>
>>1668678
It was out of character for Stephanie to create a title dedicated to the fans, and it's pretty funny that Daniel was making fun of it considering he could have been the one to think it up.
>>
>>1668773
Bryan and Shane making fun of the Universal Title before the belt turned out to actually be even worse than they were making fun of turned out to be pretty funny.
>>
File: superior universal championship.jpg (532KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
superior universal championship.jpg
532KB, 1536x2048px
>>1668778
>>
>>1668790
If this was made into a real belt, I bet it'd look cool. Big gold, but silver. And shaped like a U.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.