[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sometimes, i don't understand the mentality behind some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: WWF_Attitude_Logo.png (103KB, 400x436px) Image search: [Google]
WWF_Attitude_Logo.png
103KB, 400x436px
Sometimes, i don't understand the mentality behind some wrestling fans.

Do they want actual wrestling, or do they just want trash TV?
>>
>>1660355
both
>>
File: 4vrwnusarbkxekkf.jpg (107KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
4vrwnusarbkxekkf.jpg
107KB, 350x277px
>>1660355
Wrestling doesn't draw, the spectacle and storylines are what make it worth watching.
>>
>>1660355
i dont REALLY care about the wrestling unless there's a really good story behind it
>>
>>1660369
>>1660371
Then why are we supposed to be "Wrestling" fans?

In this case, we can call ourselves "Sports entertainment" fans
>>
>>1660383
Ok sure, Vince. The tv product is sports entertainment, what happens between the ropes is predetermined wrestling match or fight. Who cares?
>>
Yes.
>>
Wrestling is pure trash tv.

I don't give a fuck about some Memesaro and Sheamus having a 10/10 match without some gimmicks or story behind it.
>>
the wrestling business is dead. All we can do, is use it as a meme and see it dieing completly in the next 10 years
>>
>>1660383
It's kinda like why atheists still say oh out loud "oh my god"
>>
>>1660659
This.
The greatest matches are great not just because of great wrestling (though it's needed), but because of high stakes or the angle that's led to it.

MitB 2011 is 6/10 without the angle. 10/10 with the angle. I don't think a normal match with no build and nothing at stake on Superstars could ever get even near a perfect score, no matter how good the wrestling is. There has to be drama.
>>
Imagine 2001 Survivor Series without the drama and trash behind it

I was 9 when I watched that and felt some crazy level of satisfaction watching the WWF "win" over the Alliance. You need that shit.
>>
>>1660355
Trash TV was part of the times. Can never be reproduced especially with this pussy SJW generation
>>
>>1660383
>Then why are we supposed to be "Wrestling" fans?
Because it's a readily understood term? Mention "wrestling" to a guy on the street and they'll know what you mean. (At worst, they'll ask if you mean pro or amateur.) Mention "sports entertainment" and you'll just get confusion.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.