[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should I, as a fan, give a fuck over how safe someone is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

Why should I, as a fan, give a fuck over how safe someone is?
>I wrestle like a boring turd so I can keep doing it for years
Oh, wow, I feel so sorry for you, Miz.
Quality > Quantity. Daniel Bryan had considerably more classic matches in his short career than The Miz ever will have in his 30 years of mediocrity.
>>
>There will be anti-smarks in this very thread that will actually claim Miz had better matches
Can't wait
>>
>>1657303
>Daniel Bryan had considerably more classic matches in his short career than The Miz ever will have in his 30 years of mediocrity.

Name 5 nerd
>>
Here's your (you), now go wipe your tears because your fragile hobbit is never wrestling again.
>>
>kick x30
>dropkick
>suicide dive

Great wrestler
>>
File: Z.png (4KB, 222x211px) Image search: [Google]
Z.png
4KB, 222x211px
I'm generally sick of Daniel Bryan and never thought he was a tenth as good as everyone liked pretending he was, but I can't in good conscience agree with The Miz's cuck mentality
There's nothing praise-worthy about working for fifty years if you barely ever had anything worth watching from that period
>>
File: 1417556735156.png (137KB, 618x331px) Image search: [Google]
1417556735156.png
137KB, 618x331px
>>>/b/ingo >>>/h/all
>>
>>1657333
The least important thing about pro wrestling is the actual wrestling. 18+ kiddo
>>
The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long and I'm in your fireworks show for great flames, not everlasting ones.
>>
>>1657333
>There's nothing praise-worthy about working for fifty years if you barely ever had anything worth watching from that period
You're an idiot
>>
Miz wrestles like a coward and Bryan could shit out a better match in his sleep than anything Miz has ever done

But he was still being a dick, so I'm glad Miz stood up for himself
>>
File: Food Analogy.png (5KB, 767x119px) Image search: [Google]
Food Analogy.png
5KB, 767x119px
There are two restaurants. One has great food and lasts you a meal. The other one has decent at best food but is a relatively inexpensive buffet that can last you a whole day if you want. Which one do you pick? I know which one my FAT ASS is picking.
>>
>>1657341
This. Character and personality is much more important than how much flipping and flopping you can do in a fake fight.
>>
>>1657303
Worked
>>
>>1657309
Surprised this hasn't happened yet, to be honest familia.
>>
>>1657369
Then why isnt wrestlemania or summerslam or any ppv 3 hours of talking?
>>
Daniel Bryan didn't even have a short career. He wrestled for 15 years.
>>
>>1657405
Matches are very important part of the storytelling but you can do it without killing yourself for no reason with bunch of dives and flips. Just look at the modern, faster paced wrestling and the list of injuries.
>>
>>1657366
You go to the restaurant for above average meals. not shitty ordinary food. Holy fucking obese americans kys
>>
>>1657444
Yeah, but let's not pretend The Miz is a prime example of an excellent safe worker. He's slightly above average at best.
>>
>>1657444
Manlet flips are objectievly more fun to watch than guys like Miz or Ambrose fake punching 100x times and then doing their finisher
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 384x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 384x395px
>>1657366
>>
>>1657405
Top 4 All Time - Hogan, Rock, Austin, Cena. Which one of those does suicide dives, 450 splashes, and flying headbutts in every match?
>>
>>1657366
>I want to literally engorge myself for an entire day on average food instead of having one really good meal

FUCKING
AMERICANS
>>
>>1657366
Confirmed: People who like The Miz are fat
>>
>>1657481
All of them could tell a great story and actually did moves that fucked them up in the long run, maybe except Rock. like hogans leg drop and his broken back. Miz literally wrestles like a scared bitch
>>
>>1657432
>outlaw """"wrestling"""""
>>
>>1657481
Ironically enough, 3 of the 4 workers you mentioned wrestled considerably less safe than The Miz.
>>
>>1657341
Finally someone in /asp/ that has taken a shower and gained some height

>>1657333
Nothing except being able to wrestle every day for 30 years and feed your family; you literal cuckold
>>
>>1657303
Can you see how great his promo wars?
You all have the feeling you have to defend dbry.

Heels like Miz put over talent like daniels.
It ok and good for both of them.
>>
>>1657519
Sure as a fan od WRESTLING i give a fuck that a wrestler's wife can buy some new shoes from hsi money or some other shit
>>
Wrestling was at its hottest when fake punching and suplexes, clotheslines and atomic fucking drops were 90% of a match.

Don't give me the indie flippy bullshit being what wrestling needs. Wrestling needs belivable and relatable stories otherwise it's two people pretending to fight each other for no reason, be it with flippy shit or with stomp punches.

People never cared about wrestling, we all know it's fake. It gets pops, but it doesn't get people over, nor does it make memorable moments.

DBry's opus magnus, winning the triple threat match was an iconic moment not because of his indy suicide workrate, it was because he was a legit underdog people wanted to get behind. Get it through your thick skull.

>SEETHING

Go get laid, fag.
>>
>>1657547
>I want a living human who's work I enjoy to literally kill themselves for my entertainment

Do ya see how stupid ya sound Pajeet?
>>
>>1657564
Yet everyone you probably included liked ECW and scream for blood and chair shoots to the head. But when someone does a backflip HE IS KILLING HIMSELF.

How about you kill yourself.

Broski
>>
>>1657547
>I want wrestlers to kill themselves for my amusement
Leave your mom's basement, take a shower, get a clue, seek sunlight, actually talk to a female, have sex
>>
File: SEETHING.jpg (35KB, 475x546px) Image search: [Google]
SEETHING.jpg
35KB, 475x546px
>>1657559
>>
>>1657559
Could not have said it any better. I'd understand if those flips would draw an audience but its constantly dropping, no reason for that. Why fix something if it ain't broke, slow down the ring work and put out more compelling storylines.
>>
>>1657576
>I enjoy watching men taking bumps on AIDS ridden needles and fluorescent lightbulbs for chicken tendies and a soda
Please seek the nearest rope you neckbeard NEET
>>
>>1657606
Because you cant have both right ya dumb shit?
>>
File: rawtist.png (305KB, 476x540px) Image search: [Google]
rawtist.png
305KB, 476x540px
>>1657614
flippy shit with nobody caring is pointless.
>>
>>1657309
he did this year.
>>
>>1657607
Funny. because what you mentioned started the attitude era. its a fact fuckboi.people like to see wrestlers doing stupid shit.

Casuals will like Foley being thrown from the cell. Not Foley wrestling a technical and slow match for 10 min with 2 bumps
>>
>>1657627
Casuals also liked watching Rock, Austin and Hogan without them having to do any crazy shit cause of their characters and charisma.
>>
>>1657614

You shouldn't risk having both, anon. Do you think people will give a legitimate fuck if Neville was injured again for breaking a leg during his red arrow? Smarks would give him a standing ovation as he leaves the ring. Next week, everyone goes back to not knowing who the hell Neville is other than that guy who did that one cool move.

Wrestling shouldn't focus on moves, it should focus on characters and gimmicks. Boby Roode was the most unimpressive "technical worker" in NXT Takover and yet he was the most over guy with his charisma and personality.
>>
>>1657643
>Rock and Austin
>Not doing crazy shit
+18
>>
>>1657627
Foley's biggest pop of his life was when he won the wwf title. In that match he didn't need to throw himself off the top of the cell, or somebody else being mauled, you autist cunt
People want to see compelling storytelling, that's why CZW and the other autistic hardcore companies only sell 100 tickets a show, you NEET
>>
>>1657643
This. It's the reason EVERYBODY loves wrestling. It wouldn't be around if it was all Benoit and Bruno.
>>
>>1657644
>Boby Roode was the most unimpressive "technical worker" in NXT Takover and yet he was the most over guy with his charisma and personality.

This is wrong on both levels.
He's not the most unimpressive worker at all, he's pretty good.
And he's not over on charisma and personality, he's over because people like his theme song.
>>
>>1657650
He got such a big pop because he got beat the shit out of him by everyone for months so people wanted the poor foley to finally get revenge. if it was the miz novody would give a single fuck
>>
>>1657303

Are a retard?

Do you enjoy the work of any of following; Sting, Cena, Rollins or Balor?

The reason you should dislike unsafe workers is because they will put your favourite guys on the shelf.
>>
>>1657682
my point still stands. You don't have to almost kill yourself to get a reaction
>>
>>1657684
Lets just forget that Sting was fucking 56 at the time of course. right?
>>
>>1657310
Miz vs cena
Miz vs Morrison
Miz vs anyone is fucking good you huge fucking faggot. Miz is GOAT hell.
>>
Funny thing is. Bryan did MMA so ina real fight he would break Miz in half
>>
>>1657333
Nigga he beat John Cena at Wresltemaina for the wwe belt. Miz is GOD tier.
>>
>>1657721
ah yes. The wrestlemania with one decent match and that nobody even remembers anymore
>>
Id rather watch that miz promo than anything that goatee manlet cuck ever did
>>
Based Miz working everyone as the only effective heel on the roster today except JeriGOAT.
inb4 KO
He's a fat comedy act.
>>
>>1657726
Sounds like every wrestlemaina besides 17
>>
>>1657737
Thats good but the casuals wont. There is a reason Miz wasnt in the ME after the Wm 27 fiasco. Nobody gives a fuck about him. If Roman cut this promo it would be already 5x more popular.
>>
>>1657747
>more WM17 dick sucking

Two match show
>>
>>1657704
Yeah hes lucky Seth didn't literally kill him lol xD
>>
>>1657761
I personally don't even like 17 but if you say something bad about it it just gets met with shit posting. Best Wrestlemaina was 21 I personally think.
>>
>>1657771
he is lucky he passed the medical tests and whoever "tested" him didnt realize he is made of glass
>>
>>1657712
IM TALKING ABOUT DANIEL CRYAN YA STUPID IDIOT
>>
>>1657779
Yeah Triple H probably prebroke his neck with the pedigrees and Shawn Michaels absolutely did shatter his jaw with the superkick, he was way too fragile to be out there :^)
>>
>>1657790
>Taker. a 50 years old guy can take 3 f'5s many suplexes a concussion legit punches and jabs from a gorilla and still be fine
>Sting dies after some weak ass power bombs

Nice stinger :^)
>>
>>1657742

He draws a shitload of heat from a specific part of the fans by being fat.
>>
>>1657802
>Brock Lesnar the shoot fighter is a safer worker than Jasethy

What did you mean by this, cuckter?
>>
>>1657303
>le kicky vanilla YES midget saying someone else is boring
>>
Miz might not have injured himself but he sure as fuck likes to help other people get injured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VZsXq_FUdM
>>
>>1657309
At least Miz can wrestle
>>
>>1657309
that one where cena knocked him cold right at the beginning was pretty classic, imo
>>
>>1657481
austin was working around a broken neck for a decade, do you really want to include him in that list?
>>
>>1657519
>le feed your family meme
because in america your options are sports entertainer or literal starvation
>>
>>1657303
>Miz
>safe

How many guys has he dropped over his career again?
Miz is dangerous in terms of he just won't fucking catch you, if you jump outside of the ring. Miz of course is safe to himself, because he does nothing remotely close to being dangerous.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0VZsXq_FUdM
>>
>>1657591

He looks like the demon pazuzu from the exorcist
>>
>>1658117
He didn't break his own neck doing a top rope headbutt. Significant difference
>>
>>1657753
100% true

another strike for roman, because it's not like he's lacked ample opportunities to deliver a promo like this
>>
------------------------------------------------------
EVERYONE ABOVE THIS LINE GOT WORKED BY BASED MIZ
>>
>>1658117
his broken neck was all a work you disgusting mark
>>
>>1658134
that's not the point. you said the top four GOATS were all "boring workers". i'm saying that austin shouldn't be on that list because extenuating circumstances kept him from doing any bonkers moves in the first place

while we're on the topic i'd also omit hogan, too, as he could only do four moves to begin with
>>
>>1658152
But Austin never did "bonkers moves." He was always known as a very good mat worker who had to become a brawler.
>>
>>1657627
funny part is if any of those guys debuted today they would've been booed out of the arena

>>1658152
> limited moveset
> in WWE

so in other words water is wet?
>>
File: 1471831793734.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1471831793734.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>1657303
>the Daniel Bryan brigade is in full buttblast mode because of a worked shoot
>>
>>1658152
Austin would never evolve beyond the basic bitch type of moves, sorry to break your bubble, boy.
>>
>>1657303
Firstly, it was a work, designed to draw attention to the Miz's style. He's exceptional today for being a wrestler whose style in the ring matches his character. Most guys just go out there and do all the same moves regardless of whether they're a beloved babyface or sinister heel. If you came away from that segment thinking, "Fuck the Miz!" - well done, you got worked.

Secondly, safety and excitement aren't at opposite polls. There have been highly entertaining wrestlers who worked a safe style. Based Bret is the icon for this, but guys like Eaton, Morton, Storm, and to some extent Jarrett and Kane also fit the mold. (Dean Malenko is border-line, as he was usually safe but sometimes did fucking stupid things.)
>>
Time to send Bryanetty to Raw where he belongs and have a non-manlet like JBL take his spot as GM of the flagship brand.
>>
>>1658542
Kane has never been exciting
>>
>>1657303
>Why should I, as a fan, give a fuck over how safe someone is?
ask balor or banks fans
>>
>>1657303
>Why should I, a pro wrestling watcher, care about the quality of wrestling?

You shouldn't. The biggest mistake people make when watching WWE is caring about quality
>>
>>1657303
Reminder that if Miz had a better character than Bryan he would be the more over of the two, but he is not.

Bryan has a superior character to Miz as well as wrestling skill and love for the business. And he drew more money in his relatively short time than Miz will in 100 lifetimes.
>>
>>1659025
>bryan
>character

pick one
>>
>>1658959
SEETHING

we manlet era now, deal with it anon
>>
>>1658542
The perfect example of a wrestler who is hugely entertaining and very safe right now is Styles. The only move he has that's actually at all dangerous is the SC, and that's only dangerous if you don't know to pull your head back not forward.
>>
>>1659287
I don't know. I think it could be argued that stuff like the springboard 450 is risky for him. He certainly does a great job toeing the line between entertaining and safe, though. Way better than The Miz, that's for sure.
>>
>>1659025
>Bryan has a superior chant to Miz

Fixed.
>>
>>1657698
>You don't have to almost kill yourself to get a reaction
Part of the building up was him getting fucked by the rock with 2000 chair shots
>>
Give me your favourite The Miz match, 1 - 1 only.
I want to watch some good stuff by him so he can grow on me even more
>>
>>1658152
I didn't say they were boring I just said they didn't do risky top rope shit. You can still be an awesome wrestler without risking your life every match. Ya fuckin indie nerds need ta get a clue
>>
File: 1467965847029.jpg (80KB, 984x952px) Image search: [Google]
1467965847029.jpg
80KB, 984x952px
>>1659960
Nothing.

He is absolutly dog shit in the ring. Like Fucking garbage tier.

Top tier mic work tho
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.