[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> According to ‘Da Belt Guy’ (aka dvizzle) who is a n

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Smackdown Women's Championship.png (794KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Smackdown Women's Championship.png
794KB, 1200x675px
> According to ‘Da Belt Guy’ (aka dvizzle) who is a noted belt collector / maker on BeltTalk.com and Reddit forums, the new women’s championship will be similar to the existing RAW Women’s title in design, with a white leather strap with blue backing and accents, and posted a mockup here.

> Additionally, it was said that while the tag team titles are scheduled to be introduced and will have a new design, they will not be debuting tonight and will be seen at a later time. Instead, it was noted that Dean Ambrose will get a new Smackdown-branded WWE World Heavyweight Championship, featuring a black leather strap with a blue backed center plate with a blue jeweled logo slash.

> On a related note, it was said in another post that RAW was supposed to get this black leather / red backing design for the WWE Universal Championship, but the argument was made and later decided to use an all red belt.

I want off this ride Mr Helmsley!
>>
>>1651175
Hopefully the tag belts are new, at least.
I can understand them doing this for the Pooniversal and both divashit belts, because they want equality and to make them all look like top titles.
But for fucks sakes, if the new tag belts are a redesign, that's just gonna kick the door open for everything to be a homogenized palette-swap.
>>
aztec gold shits on all these belts.
>>
>>1651182
Thing is, I totally understood making the Women's Championship look similar to the WWE World Championship as it implies sense that it's on the same level and treated with the same respect (in b4 neckbeards break their shift and 2 keys). But that was before the brand split and everything. There's no reason for the Universal belt to look so similar, or any other for that matter.

Bryan Alverez made the best point, who would ever want to buy these belts as merch when they all look exactly the same. Say what you will about the last brand split but the belts all looked unique.
>>
>>1651175
>Reddit
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>1651200
>implying the women's ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''championship'''''''''''''''''''''''''''' deserves respect
>>
>>1651210
Like fucking clockwork. It's so easy to trigger /asp/.
>>
>>1651217
Gb2wew
>>
>>1651200
>>1651200

The universal makes since because they want to make it seem like it's the same as the World title. That's why they just inverse the colors.

It only makes sense to do this with the top belt and the Women's belts though.
>>
>>1651206
Edgy
>>
>>1651196
Not really
>>
Of course they're trying to drag SD throught the mud with RAW

None of this makes sense in and out of kayfabe considering the amount of shit Bryan and Shane talked
>>
>>1651200
>implying people don't buy recolors of things

There's only one reason it doesn't make sense. I get why they're doing it, it puts all titles on a moreso level playing field, and it creates a uniform and consistent brand for the WWE, and it looks better for them to have all their champs wearing big honking leather straps with their logo dripped in gold and diamonds front and center.

The only part that doesn't make sense to me, is that dirtsheet just before the brand split that said the were doing all they could to separate smackdown and raw and brands again, by bringing back brand-specific ppvs and having separate refs, commentary, ropes, sets, even having the commentary booths in different places like they did on the first brand split. Why would they then, after all that effort, do this one little thing that makes all the titles, the most important thing in the company, look uniform and the same? It might be that the belts are representative of the company as a "league" as a whole, and the two brands are vying for them separately, but I think that's counter productive to the separate brand thing and it'd make more sense to have each brand be their own league, under the parent company WWE. They should have made raw belts that look the same, then a different design for smackdown belts, that look the same as eachother.
>>
>>1651290
WWE probably got told by mattel or whoever makes their belts now to keep the belt designs low so they don't need to produce over 9000 different casts
Strap color and lettering is probably easier to deal with.
>>
>>1651356
mattel is a huge, gigantic company. so is wwe. i doubt that cost of producing foam and plastic titles is a huge deal to either of them, and i wouldn't be surprised if they kept legacy titles on sale as well
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.