[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally has the best storyline and character development after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: Heath_Slater_2015_(cropped).jpg (2MB, 3376x5321px) Image search: [Google]
Heath_Slater_2015_(cropped).jpg
2MB, 3376x5321px
Literally has the best storyline and character development after the brand split despite being used a joke character.

Jesus christ WWE.
>>
Honestly would be completely on board with him getting a thank you run as WWE champ at some point
>>
This is no joke. His segment was literally the most interesting thing to happen on Raw since Finn went over Roman
>>
>>1605424
Slater is looking more determined and more serious.

What are the chances that this is a push into a midcarder and stop being a jobber?

Last time it looked like he was gonna have a push was when he pinned Dolph.
>>
>>1605424
So Heath is going to interfere with Brock vs Orton and get a mega push afterwards right?
>>
>>1605459
He died and is going to become one of Finn Balor's demonic servants for a few weeks. Later, Balor will tell him it's not working out and give him some paperwork to sign to break their satanic contract.
>>
File: image.gif (1006KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1006KB, 260x187px
Until BMJ buries him
>>
>>1605490
he is literally immune to burials at this point

it's like being poisoned so much it no long has an effect
>>
>>1605424

Best part of RAW.
I also like to point out that his interaction with Heyman was also great and The Jew likes to do this with people he respects.
>>
>>1605778
the jew likes him and the jew has good taste
push to moon vince
>>
>>1605424
the demon king rises is the best storyline
>>
File: 1470000260839.gif (2MB, 161x149px) Image search: [Google]
1470000260839.gif
2MB, 161x149px
>>1605801
just no
Even Dolph vs Dean is better
and that is the second worse storyline going on right now
>>
I'm still surprised they never repackaged him as JBL's bephew
>>
>>1605806
Dolph/Dean is arguably the best, because it hits all the objective criteria that comprise a good story.
There's some actual development and motivation on both sides, and it makes sense.
Roman/Rusev is fun, I guess, but it's also thrown together just to fit it's needs.
>>
>>1605807
Miss the jbl showbros
>>
>>1605809
Wyatt is the only good part of it
Dean's involvement doesn't make sense
Dolph is a token "BELIEVE IN MYSELF"
>>
>le comedy jobber man looks good in a scenario that plays to his strengths.

No shit. That's why he remains a comedy jobber.
>>
>>1605815
>Dean's involvement doesn't make sense

It makes pretty good sense because he's the champion and Dolph won a match to challenge for his belt
>>
>>1605821
yeah but he has no other reason to show up and then acts heelish
the belts are just props, not the actual storylines
>>
>>1605815
If anything, Wyatt's the worst part of it. And I love Wyatt. He just seems thrown in to give them someone to fight and then fight over.

>>1605825
>the belts are just props, not the actual storylines
Kill yourself, Russo
>>
>>1605815
This is why the WWE doesn't do storylines as much, you sperges beg for them and then can't keep up with the simplest ones.
>>
>>1605825
Are you pretending to be retarded
>>
>>1605825
They're props because of children like you who complain any time they're at the forefront of the feud instead of somebody stealing somebody's dad's casket or framing them for necrophilia.
>>
>>1605834
He's there because he actually makes sense to be there as a character
It's not just about belts it's about proving Dolph is weak to him
Also Russo is a fucking moron
>>1605835
Explain to me how this storyline is a magnum opus of modern wrestling
>>1605837
Are you posting meaningless meme responses and actually being retarded?
>>
>>1605847
Or how about building two characters to actually dislike each other? Nope we need fucking belts to do the job for us.
>>
>>1605849
>>1605851
So you just straight-up don't get the storyline?
>>
>>1605424
Gonna agree, it was the best thing on the night. How based would it have been to see Heath come out of nowhere and knock Lesnar on his ass?
>>
>>1605860
Do you? You aren't actually saying anything so I'm assuming you don't or there isn't an actual storyline.
If all there is he won the qualifier then that means there is no storyline. It's just two guys doing acrobatics and looking hurt for a meaningless title
>>
>>1605849
It's not the Magnum opus nor does it need to be because I don't see everything in black and white like an autistic. It doesn't have to be the Sistine chapel of writing to do it's job otherwise it's complete shit. It's a good feud with all parties motivated for good reason. >>1605851
I'll explain this slow so you don't get confused, but belts can be made important so they can be used to that effect. Remember stone cold v the Rock. Probably not since you're obviously twelve, but belts played a big role in their feud. Stone Cold throwing the Rock's IC title into the drink and the corporate stealing Stone Cole's smoking skulls belt were used to escalate their rivalries because the characters put a lot of stock in their belt because in their world those are the pinnacle of their company. Not everything has to be muh blurred reality lines or 4th wall breaks Russo.
>>
>>1605867
>Meaningless title
In storyline, the guy with the title gets more money. The guys who win matches get more money. The guys who cut electrifying promos and sell the hell out of fights attract attention to the company and thus get more money. It's a damn good motivation in and of itself.

Of course WWE rarely emphasizes this or gives the illusion of this this because they're fucking terrible pro wrestling at the moment.

The story is that Dean believes that Dolph isn't as good as he used to be a few years back, so he's trying to get under his skin and rile him up so he comes at him with full strength. Dean loves a good, challenging fight.
>>
>>1605834
For BMJ, they are just props.
Anyway, how do you want to make a legit trophy out of a toy that isn't being won, but given to anyone when it's convenient, and basically everone knows that?
>>
>>1605424
This would be awesome, if his story line was headed somewhere. We all know eventually he will get signed, then jobbed out on either SD or Raw.
>>
>>1605875
>I'll explain this slow so you don't get confused, but belts can be made important so they can be used to that effect
but they aren't important so you need good fueds to make them important
>Stone Cold throwing the Rock's IC title into the drink and the corporate stealing Stone Cole's smoking skulls belt were used to escalate their rivalries because the characters put a lot of stock in their belt because in their world those are the pinnacle of their company
they actually disrespected eachothers belts, well no shit that's a good use of them.
>Not everything has to be muh blurred reality lines or 4th wall breaks Russo.
What the hell are you talking about
I just want two people to fight for an actual reason.
>>1605879
still boring
>>
>>1605879
This, Dean is a fighting champ and wants his opponent the best he can be so there's no excuses when he wins. That's why he saves him, so Dolph can't cry foul and say that he really didn't lose because as a result that'd discredit Dean.

Bray is involved because he feels the same about Ziggler, but to the opposite extreme. He feels like Ziggler can't be better and the opportunity is wasted and basically Dean is getting a gimme as a champ and is a pussy as a result and feels like if he was really hot shit he would put his championship on the line against somebody who deserves it, him. Which is why if he can't earn it he'll simply eliminate the problem: Dolph.

And Dolph after a lot of losing and being looked down upon is trying to prove he belongs with the big dogs and isn't an afterthought and deserves to be in a title picture hunt again and doesn't deserve all the disrespect he gets.
>>
>>1605884
So basically you admit they aren't props and can be made important if used properly. Alright, now that we agree you can now realize that's exactly what they're doing. If titles were just props then disrespecting them should be meaningless to them.

And I hate to be that guy, but my man it's fake fighting. You have to suspend your disbelief like you have to for any fictional thing. In their world the WWE belt is the most prestigious in wrestling and having it is a catapult to success and a marker of their success at their job.

And besides fights=/=hatred. Plenty of real fights go on with both guys having a mutual respect. Why do the wrestlers have to hate each other?
>>
It was a strong segment and both Lesnar and Slater came out of it stronger. Brock as a cold hearted beast and Slater with more humanity and resonating more with the crowd than just le unemployed man.
>>
>Tall
>Probably a top 5 talker in the company
>Only 33

"Let's job him out to Rhyno and Jinder Mahal!"
-creative
>>
>>1605983
>Jinder Mahal
Why did they even bring him back?
>>
If he stops jobbing now he'll get over as fuck. That was entertaining as fuck last night
>>
He should show up at evolve and takeover.
>>
This is the start of Slater's world title push, screencap this.
>>
reminder that the golden truth storyline was the best romance storyline WWE have done in years
>>
>>1605882

Where should it go then? Legitimate question. Should he never get signed?
>>
>>1606446
He shouldn't get signed straight away.
Heath should start appearing on Main Event and Superstars, promoting himself as the "One Man Brand", saying he's a former Champion, too good for Raw/SD, etc etc.
After losing a few times, he picks up some wins over both Raw/SD talent. Then the GMs take an interest, and compete for his attention. Eventually they pit two of their guys against eachother, winning guy takes Heath to their brand.
Raw wins.
Steph gets in-ring, offers Heath his contract.
He tells her to fuck off, and walks backstage with DBry and Shane.
Gets an IC Title Push.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.