/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an unlimited pass at an mma gym. I plan on doing bjj and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Chinese-dragon-art.jpg (160KB, 620x541px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese-dragon-art.jpg
160KB, 620x541px
I have an unlimited pass at an mma gym. I plan on doing bjj and kickboxing back to back twice a week cause the gym is really fucking far. Is this too much for a beginner? Is MMA kickboxing any different from muay Thai boxing? Do I have to have do I have to use gear that has pic related all fucking over it?
>>
Oh and I also wanted to know if I make a lot of progress if I stick to this schedule for 2 or 3 months?
>>
>>1594011
That's not too much for a beginner. I wouldn't do more than four classes in a week to start with.

MMA kickboxing is quite a bit different than Muay Thai because the scoring system is different (damage done in MMA vs. power of strikes in Muay Thai), and people in MMA are constantly on the lookout for takedowns so they will try a lot harder to keep moving when they're around the perimeter of the ring. In Muay Thai a lot of guys will stand fairly static and aren't afraid to lean back against the ropes and counter.

You'll make decent progress in technique but rapid progress in fitness.

Your gear can have pretty much anything you want on it. I have a shark on my trunks and then I wear a Hanes t-shirt, but I often just wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt. Some guys are gearfags, some guys wear Walmart sweats and a wife beater. It's really up to you.
>>
>>1594061
Good info thanks. I'm sure it would be better to ask the gym this but are gyms anal about the equipment? As in can I use regular gym shorts or do I need actual muay thai or can I use regular boxing gloves Etc.
>>
>>1594107
Gyms don't give a shit and neither does anyone else. If a gym tries to make you only wear their gear, get out quick. That's the first indication of a McDojo. A lot of gyms will have gear shops with discounts and that's a good thing but if they tell you you can only wear the stuff from their gear shops that's really, really bad.
>>
>>1594107
>>1594113
Most gyms even have loaner gear. My coach has gloves, headgear, gi's to loan and a big box of free mouth guards just in case you don't have one.
>>
>>1594011
>Is MMA kickboxing any different from muay Thai boxing?
The good MMA kickboxing is far superior to the best Muay Thai boxing in UFC settings, as well as non-ruled settings.
>>
>>1595804
>The good MMA kickboxing is far superior to the best Muay Thai boxing in UFC settings, as well as non-ruled settings.
The good MMA kickboxing is far superior to the best Muay Thai boxing, in UFC settings, as well as non-ruled settings.
FTFY, phamly.
>>
File: goju__mon_hr02.jpg (22KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
goju__mon_hr02.jpg
22KB, 368x368px
>>1595804
>>1595848
>as well as non-ruled settings.

You know what's even better for that? Goju Karate!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.