[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friends and I are considering buying sparring gear and just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: boxing-sparring-for-beginners.jpg (26KB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
boxing-sparring-for-beginners.jpg
26KB, 300x210px
My friends and I are considering buying sparring gear and just going at it a few times a week in the back yard.

None of us have backgrounds in martial arts, boxing, wrestling, or anything like that.

Will we still be able to improve our self defense game with just each other? There's nowhere to learn how to fight anywhere near us so I figured this is our best bet.
>>
>>1587071
Sounds like a plan. Maybe get an instructional video - Bas Rutten has one.
>>
>>1587071

if you were to ask us how to get better at running, we would tell you to get outside and go running

if you were to ask us how to get better at swimming, we would tell you to get in the pool and swim some laps

what do you think the solution would be if you were to ask us how to get better at boxing? you may have some bad habits but this is better than nothing and having sparring partners will make it easier to progress, at least in terms of cardio and endurance.

watch some youtube vids on the basics of boxing and practice the fundamentals. fundamentals are what wins fights.
>>
>>1587091
>you may have some bad habits
>watch some YouTube videos
You get the same shit you get in YouTube that you get in gyms.

I'm tired of these bullshit /asp/ memes made by people who don't know shit, spreading to other people so they don't know shit either.

One person says pigs can actually fly because they're pink, then everybody else says the same shit. But in reality pigs don't fucking fly.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.